party wall act

Postby victor508 » Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:21 pm

My neighbour applied for outline for 5 houses , the plan he submitted
had a red line around his property , 3ft of my drive , the private road outside both our houses and my neighbour the othes side's footpath.
I contacted planning and informed them he did not own the road ,he did
not own my drive or my other neighbour's footpath , i was informed that
is a private matter nothing to do with the planning application. My argument was if he told you the truth he might not get planning ,due to
no access and turning area , so my information was relevent , i was given the same answer, he was given outline planning. Fifteen years later after he kept reapplying every 4 yrs they then asked to see his deeds , made him sign a form that he did not own the road , and told him to advertise in a local paper under article 6 advertising to find the owner , that covers you legally to proceed , bearing in mind the owner could still turn up.
victor508

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby kandy » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:45 am

Like I said, it is not a private matter if a false declaration is made.
As ever, the advice you get from the council is usually wrong/rubbish.
I was told there was 'no such thing' as a PWA.
Often you are only speaking to the 'fob off' person filtering the calls and they know SFA.
kandy

Postby lorna kemeys » Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:20 am

kandy in full agreement about getting public servants motivited to help the underdog at one time the nfh actually marked out land for another venture which i know actually the council own.so if they not bothered where you say you own how can they have the power to dictate over land that does not belong to them.that sounds a bit confusing but full story to long to go into people nod off when i get on my soapbox after 12 months of hell im bitter :oops:
lorna kemeys

Postby Sudynim » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:35 pm

lorna kemeys wrote:kandy in full agreement about getting public servants motivited to help the underdog

The very last thing we want is for every council official to reach their own opinion about the people concerned and then to act with bias towards the party they feel most sympathetic towards. That would make a mockery of justice and fairness.
Sudynim

Re: party wall act

Postby tab » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:17 pm

Hi Allen Harris,

I like your Friday July 14th post starting Dear Dee Dee, and I have been trying to find your party wall advice online.
Could you tell me where it comes from please?
My neighbour has threatened me with the Party Wall Act re the garden wall between us.
Some of it has collapsed, and some only needs repair here and there I think.
He wants us to demolish and rebuild the whole thing.
I want us to rebuild the collapsed part and repair other parts where necessary/pay him what my half of that would be and let him rebuild.
It's more complicated that that but I've tried to keep it simple!
Your post gives me confidence that I will be dealt with fairly by the system even though my neighbour is extremely rich and can employ the best lawyers and surveyors.

Tab
tab

Re: party wall act

Postby ukmicky » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:49 pm

tab wrote:Hi Allen Harris,

I like your Friday July 14th post starting Dear Dee Dee, and I have been trying to find your party wall advice online.
Could you tell me where it comes from please?
My neighbour has threatened me with the Party Wall Act re the garden wall between us.
Some of it has collapsed, and some only needs repair here and there I think.
He wants us to demolish and rebuild the whole thing.
I want us to rebuild the collapsed part and repair other parts where necessary/pay him what my half of that would be and let him rebuild.
It's more complicated that that but I've tried to keep it simple!
Your post gives me confidence that I will be dealt with fairly by the system even though my neighbour is extremely rich and can employ the best lawyers and surveyors.

Tab

Tab

Start you own thread and im sure me or someone else will be able to help you with your enquiries :)
Advice given is not legally qualified and you are advised to gain a professional opinion
ukmicky

Previous

Return to Walls