garden wall can anyone paint or put posts inn the footings o

garden wall can anyone paint or put posts inn the footings o

Postby gal66 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:26 pm

We have a wall in two parts it has a gate about a third of the way across and then the other section carries on and is part of the back retaining wall which we rebuilt at the same time we own both.This gate leads through the wall to a communal yard shared by us and 2 other neighbours.We have three terraced houses and this yard is the only access to our back doors from a private road to the side.
In the deeds this communal yard is a right of way for all 3 but it shall forever and hereafter remain open and unbuilt upon.
one neighbour has built a fence across this yard with gate and bolt, between him and his neighbour our house is at the other end.if you come onto this yard from the road there is owner 1 owner 2 and i am owner three. The second owner built the fence and posts etc.
what i want to know is what are my rights as we own the wall and its on our land.can they paint it or put posts next to it cemented into the footings or build anything near it. Now they could erect another fence right up to our wall and close us off.thy have tried before.i am being harrassed to accept these intrusions.this is urgent .
Can anyone advise does the unbuilt upon clause make any difference.thankyou
gal66

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: garden wall can anyone paint or put posts inn the footin

Postby Collaborate » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:06 am

This is your second thread about the same subject. Please stick to one thread. You can email admin and ask them to delete this thread.
Collaborate

Re: garden wall can anyone paint or put posts inn the footin

Postby span » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:26 am

It's not really urgent at all, is it?

Heart attacks, they're urgent. Car crashes, pretty urgent. Paying your bills so you have a roof over your head, clothes on your back and food on your table, they're urgent.

You? First world problems. Relax and deal with appropriately, they're not urgent.
span

Return to Walls