parking car close to brick wall

parking car close to brick wall

Postby Henley » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:43 am

I have to park my car tightly close to an outdoor brick wall (which is mine) with the possibility that accidentally I may scratch the car. What would be a suitable weather-resistant material to put on the wall that would be less likely to damage the car? Alternatively, any other ideas as to how to park very close to a brick wall without accidental damage?
Henley

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: parking car close to brick wall

Postby arborlad » Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:13 pm

Lots of proprietary products available, either for fixing to the car doors or wall.

Parking with the passenger door towards the wall is one obvious solution, any reason why it is not done.
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Postby jonahinoz » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:41 pm

Hi,

Fix a plank to the wall, at the height that the door would hit. Pad it if you want something soft. Some sort of strip fender for boats?

Once upon a time (still?) you could buy innocuous little pads that clipped onto the trailing edge of car doors. Be blowed if I can remember what they are called.

John W
jonahinoz

Postby jonahinoz » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:50 pm

Hi,

Log onto Ebay, search for item number 150613214550. Or, looking at the price, maybe not. But it will give you an idea ... and maybe a boat builder may have an off-cut lying around.

John W
jonahinoz

Postby jonahinoz » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:57 pm

Hi again,

Further to my two previous replies, do an EBAY search for CAR DOOR PROTECTORS ... lots listed, starting at a couple of quid. Check cost of postage, target price is FREE.

Scroll down to ASK SELLER A QUESTION, make sure they will fit your car.

Now you know what is available, it may be easiest to drop into Halfords.

John W
jonahinoz

Return to Walls