anybody there who actually likes cats and hates prikka??

This forum is for serious issues involving animals

Postby Fussymare » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:37 pm

I haven't read all of this thread, but was doing a Google search to see if the prikka strips really do deter cats?

The reason we want to use them is to stop neighbours cats sitting on top of the fence panels taunting our dogs! We have a large garden, so there are plenty of other areas where they can access and escape our garden with natural fencing and trees and shrubs. But the cats will sit atop the few panels we have and the dogs just go mad and bark continuously. Hence annoying everyone, including the owners of the cats! :shock:

So we were thinking of using the prikka strips just to stop cats sitting up there. Is that a good use? I have only seen a picture, and as they are plastic I'm not sure whether they are very sharp?!?
Fussymare

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby tarren » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:46 am

tarren

Postby tarren » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:43 am

tarren wrote:Image

Hit a bit too close to the truth I expect.
tarren

Postby Sudynim » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:49 am

tarren wrote:

Imageshack TOS don't allow hotlinking, and if their servers detect it the image is automatically blocked.

Perhaps you are mistaking this for some conspiracy against your freedom of expression by evil cat owners who can't bear that you're telling it how it is?
Sudynim

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:15 pm

Sudynim wrote:
tarren wrote:

Imageshack TOS don't allow hotlinking, and if their servers detect it the image is automatically blocked.

Perhaps you are mistaking this for some conspiracy against your freedom of expression by evil cat owners who can't bear that you're telling it how it is?

Are we all missing some kind of amazing cat protest photo? :lol:

'Evil' cat owners will let their cats out for an extra hour if you are going to be naughty. :wink:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby tarren » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:12 pm

Obviously I require educating on how to post images on the forum, perhaps one of the forum members will educate me.

I also must apologise because my first reaction was that one of our mog lovers had complained because they had found the picture of a cat with a slaughtered bloody songbird in it's jaws a bit offensive.
tarren

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:45 pm

tarren wrote:Obviously I require educating on how to post images on the forum, perhaps one of the forum members will educate me.

I also must apologise because my first reaction was that one of our mog lovers had complained because they had found the picture of a cat with a slaughtered bloody songbird in it's jaws a bit offensive.

Copy the direct link to your chosen photo, on here click Img then paste the link and click Img again or preview to see if it has been successfully loaded.

Like so :arrow: Image I thought you might like that picture. :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby tarren » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:12 pm

Will try, thank you for being so civilised, and yes, the photo I like.
tarren

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:01 pm

tarren wrote:Will try, thank you for being so civilised, and yes, the photo I like.

You are most welcome tarren. :) I can't say I am looking forward to the dead birdy but will have a look and comment in a civilised manor.
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby andrew54 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:11 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:
tarren wrote:Will try, thank you for being so civilised, and yes, the photo I like.

You are most welcome tarren. :) I can't say I am looking forward to the dead birdy but will have a look and comment in a civilised manor.

I saw the pic before it was taken off but couldn't tell it was a bird. But cats do kill birds, we know that.
andrew54

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:31 pm

andrew54 wrote:I saw the pic before it was taken off but couldn't tell it was a bird. But cats do kill birds, we know that.

tarren wrote:I also must apologise because my first reaction was that one of our mog lovers had complained because they had found the picture of a cat with a slaughtered bloody songbird in it's jaws a bit offensive.

I didn't see the photo, but yes, we know that some cats kill birds because some owners don't put bells on their collars. Our cat has three bells and hasn't caught a bird or rodent for years now. :)
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby Trog » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:52 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:I didn't see the photo, but yes, we know that some cats kill birds because some owners don't put bells on their collars. Our cat has three bells and hasn't caught a bird or rodent for years now. :)

Just needs a nappy now to stop it messing in your neighbours gardens. :twisted:
Cats they crap on your drive, on your lawn and in your flower beds, they are vermin.
Trog

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:33 pm

Trog wrote:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:I didn't see the photo, but yes, we know that some cats kill birds because some owners don't put bells on their collars. Our cat has three bells and hasn't caught a bird or rodent for years now. :)

Just needs a nappy now to stop it messing in your neighbours gardens. :twisted:

A nappy would ruin his cool. :lol: The birds already taunt him for wearing so many bells. They call out in birdy chirps.. "quasi" "quasi" He complains and says if I don't remove the bells he will get the hump. :D
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby Tink82 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:04 pm

if the cats that came into my garden caught the bloody magpies and woodpigeons, I'd happily let them roam around in it... but they don't, they take out the smaller ones and chicks, censored in my boarders and puke on my path.. :roll:
Tink82

Postby louise200 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:11 am

Hi all, I haven't read the entire topic but some interesting posts to date :-)

It can be distressing for people to witness baby birds being caught by a cat, my opinion is that unfortunately this is nature, but I hate seeing it too. http://www.rspb.org.uk/advice/gardening ... clines.asp
As a cat owner do try and stop my cat from doing it.

I wondered if anyone else had tried the cat bib? http://www.catgoods.com/bigcatbib.html

I got one of the triangular ones for my Bengal cross and it worked for a while, until I saw him running across the garden with it round the wrong way, wearing it like a cape. Absolutely hilarious :-D

He's also got 3 bells, sounds like a morris dancer.

I suggested to a neighbour (who mentioned he never goes into his garden anyway, which was good as he's got a carp pond) that I would buy him a super soaker and fill it with lemony water if he did and he liked that idea.
louise200

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

PreviousNext

Return to Animals