cleaning up after dogs - whats reasonable

This forum is for serious issues involving animals

cleaning up after dogs - whats reasonable

Postby Uriah Heap » Fri May 07, 2010 5:12 pm

hi my neighbour has a medium sized dog that he lets run loose round his garden

trouble is he craps all over the place and it stinks

he does nt clean up after him he just leaves it for his gardner to clean up which happens once evry week or fortnight

then the gardner leaves the bag of dog S**t right next to the fence just 2 feet from our garden seat and 8 feet from our kitchen window. it stinks

dont get on with the bloke so discussion is out of the questin. im prety sure he is doing this deliberatly to be antisocial -- we have a long history you see ive posted other threads on here about the problems.

im thinking about reporting him to the eviromental health but before i do i wondered what other people think about how offen a dog owner should clean up the s**t in his garden. whats reasonable??

dont get me wrong i like dogs. its not like Life of Grime on the TV the env health normally deal with. apart from the dog mess neighbous garden is pretty tidy

i don't want to make a complaint if the enviromental health just turn round a say there is nothing they can do. it will only make him worse

what does anyone else think??
Uriah Heap

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby appledore » Fri May 07, 2010 6:19 pm

Hi. I would think it reasonable if your neighbour cleaned up when his dog had done a heap, or very soon afterwards anyway. I don't know how he can live with the smell. He's obviously happy to put up with the smell, but you shouldn't have bags of dog dirt left near your property.

I'd contact Environmental Health and see what they suggest. Our neighbour had horse manure piled up at the other side of the boundary fence, close to our bedroom window and she was told to move it. It's the same situation really. Good luck.
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Fri May 07, 2010 9:20 pm

If it really is a problem all the time and the smell during warm periods is noticeable enough I would call the environmental health. They will most likely warn them first by letter and that alone might do the trick. These neighbours sound awful, our nfh used to allow their dogs to pee and pee and pee on weed barrier and their garden stank like a urinal. I doubt they ever walked the poor dogs. :(

There is the possibility the environmental health won't do much, it is a risk unfortunately.
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby Uriah Heap » Sat May 08, 2010 9:59 pm

thanx both for your replys.

yes its not very nice to have that smell especialy next to your kitchen window. sometimes its worse than others. i think its probably on the bordline so im not sure whether the env health will do anything.

weve had them out before witht his neighbour. it was over noise before. we had years of his hifi blasting out but the env health were next to useless. still hes toned it down a bit now

your right he is unpleasant. hes like a football manager type. range rover plenty of money (till the crash :lol: :lol: :lol: ) but a bit thick you know the type. he thinks hes somebody just cos hes a banker. he says we are too common to live next to him because my cars 5 years old.

after the noise trouble he told me that hes found out that ebery body in the street hates me and hes been round everybody and made sure nobody will speak to me again! he sounded like an adlosent kid. im surprised he didn't stick his tong out as well :lol: :lol:

one neigbour told he hes been saying im a poofter and ive ben in trouble with the police. all lies

anyway thats why im pretty sure that him puting the bag of sh**t next to my window is deliberate. trouble is is suppose hes got to put it somewhere (when he can be bothered to collect it up) so i suppose env health might just turn around and say i have got to put up with it. if they do i might by a pair of rubber gloves and dispose of it for him if you know what i mean :wink: :wink: :wink:

thanks for your advice tho. its helpful to hear from people who have also had neighbour probles. good luck with your own issues.
Uriah Heap

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Sun May 09, 2010 2:01 pm

Uriah Heap wrote:
yes its not very nice to have that smell especialy next to your kitchen window. sometimes its worse than others. i think its probably on the bordline so im not sure whether the env health will do anything.

He might be masking his own smell. :wink:

weve had them out before witht his neighbour. it was over noise before. we had years of his hifi blasting out but the env health were next to useless. still hes toned it down a bit now

He is now listening to music on his £5 Alba. :lol:

your right he is unpleasant. hes like a football manager type. range rover plenty of money (till the crash :lol: :lol: :lol: ) but a bit thick you know the type. he thinks hes somebody just cos hes a banker. he says we are too common to live next to him because my cars 5 years old.

Banker or W anker? :lol:

I know the type, lived next door to it and it is thicker than the earths crust and crustier than a stone baked loaf. :x

after the noise trouble he told me that hes found out that ebery body in the street hates me and hes been round everybody and made sure nobody will speak to me again! he sounded like an adlosent kid. im surprised he didn't stick his tong out as well :lol: :lol:

If he stuck his tongue out it would be covered in po o, they never stop licking peoples bum holes :shock:

one neigbour told he hes been saying im a poofter and ive ben in trouble with the police. all lies

If he spread rumours about himself, he might almost be interesting. :wink: He probably knows no one would even speak to him if he didn't give them some gossip. Gossips are usually hated even by other gossips. They only feed off each other like vampires do. Slandering you in the neighbourhood is most likely out of fear of people talking to you, it only means one thing, he is jealous of you. :)

anyway thats why im pretty sure that him puting the bag of sh**t next to my window is deliberate. trouble is is suppose hes got to put it somewhere (when he can be bothered to collect it up) so i suppose env health might just turn around and say i have got to put up with it. if they do i might by a pair of rubber gloves and dispose of it for him if you know what i mean :wink: :wink: :wink:

:wink:

thanks for your advice tho. its helpful to hear from people who have also had neighbour probles. good luck with your own issues.

:D It always helps to laugh about these things. :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Mon May 10, 2010 6:46 pm

Uriah Heap wrote:. he says we are too common to live next to him because my cars 5 years old.

:lol: :lol: :lol: That's a good one.

He sounds a total idiot. I bet everyone in the street is laughing at him.

As Will says, try and see the funny side.
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Mon May 10, 2010 6:55 pm

Our car is ancient! We must be common as muck. :lol:

These sorts of people would go out and buy a second hand BMW or Mercedes and quickly put a personalised plate on it so you think it is brand new. :wink:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Mon May 10, 2010 7:03 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:Our car is ancient! We must be common as muck. :lol:

:

As long as it gets you where you want to go it doesn't matter how old it is. :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Mon May 10, 2010 7:06 pm

appledore wrote:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:Our car is ancient! We must be common as muck. :lol:

:

As long as it gets you where you want to go it doesn't matter how old it is. :lol:

We love our oomf as we call him, we keep him for sentimental reasons of course. :wink: When he dies we will replace him with a horse and cart. :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Mon May 10, 2010 7:17 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:
We love our oomf as we call him, we keep him for sentimental reasons of course. :wink:

You mean he has a comfy back seat? :wink: :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Mon May 10, 2010 7:21 pm

appledore wrote:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:
We love our oomf as we call him, we keep him for sentimental reasons of course. :wink:

You mean he has a comfy back seat? :wink: :lol:

Hell yeah! And the front seat ain't bad either! :lol: :lol: :wink:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby Uriah Heap » Sat May 15, 2010 10:54 pm

brings bacl memories of my youth. very romatic in the car but difficult if you have a big gear nob :wink:

had to do an emergecy stop when the police car turned up once. :lol: :lol: :lol:

thought i was in trouble cos i did not indicate before i pulled out :lol: :lol: :lol:
Uriah Heap

Postby Stoday » Sun May 16, 2010 6:37 am

As an impecunious youth I had a problem when the accelerator got caught in the hole in the sole of my shoe. :lol:
Stoday

Re: cleaning up after dogs - whats reasonable

Postby arrow101 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:49 am

my neighbor lets his dog poop on the side of his house in a gated area of it,problem i have is that my side of the house runs paralell to it.
he does hose down ocassionally but the smell remains ,which means that as the summer is coming i wont be able to have my downstairs window open for fear of flies .
my neighbor is hostile and discussion is out of the question and i have to be concerned about retaliation as he is a petty individual and i live with my elderly mother ,who would be alone when i am at work
any thoughts anyone??
arrow101

Re: cleaning up after dogs - whats reasonable

Postby Collaborate » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:00 am

arrow101 wrote:my neighbor lets his dog poop on the side of his house in a gated area of it,problem i have is that my side of the house runs paralell to it.
he does hose down ocassionally but the smell remains ,which means that as the summer is coming i wont be able to have my downstairs window open for fear of flies .
my neighbor is hostile and discussion is out of the question and i have to be concerned about retaliation as he is a petty individual and i live with my elderly mother ,who would be alone when i am at work
any thoughts anyone??

Try environmental health? They would only get involved if there are public health concerns.

I have a similar area for my dog. censored gets picked up immediately (or she'll eat it!) but I know if I don't hose down the wee then it will soon smell.
Collaborate

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Return to Animals