Noisy dog

This forum is for serious issues involving animals

Noisy dog

Postby splotsmum » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:57 pm

My neighbours have a dog they seem to leave out for long periods of time (almost both days in blazing sunshine the past weekend), and in this time it sits in the garden and barks - constantly. Problem is that where we live the gardens form a ] shape and the barking echoes round the gardens making it even louder (and harder to track down where it lives, without peering over fences).

Should I just track them down and post them an anonymous letter asking them not to leave the dog out all day every day or does anybody have any other advice? I'm very very sick of hearing it now!!
splotsmum

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: Noisy dog

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:20 pm

splotsmum wrote:My neighbours have a dog they seem to leave out for long periods of time (almost both days in blazing sunshine the past weekend), and in this time it sits in the garden and barks - constantly. Problem is that where we live the gardens form a ] shape and the barking echoes round the gardens making it even louder (and harder to track down where it lives, without peering over fences).

Should I just track them down and post them an anonymous letter asking them not to leave the dog out all day every day or does anybody have any other advice? I'm very very sick of hearing it now!!

You could drop a note in if you think it will make a difference, it is worth a try I suppose. Failing that contact the environmental health about the noise and the RSPCA 'if' you think the dog is being seriously neglected.

It is possible that they don’t know that their dog barks continuously, it is best to give them a chance to do the right thing.
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:07 pm

It's really irritating when a dog barks constantly. You end up cursing the dog when it's the owners who are to blame. I'd have a word with the owners first, and if that doesn't work I'd contact Environmental Health.l
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby rosina » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:18 pm

I seriously get disgusted with some replies I read on this forum ! And what will
Be gained by phoning the rspca ?

Iv been reported 2 times in 5 months to the scottish SPCA, BOTH times there
Have been false allegations of mistreatment. Our dog lives outside in her
Kennel, and of course will bark when people approach. In case u didn't catch on,
Dogs BARK.

Having a liveried van turn up is embarrassing as neighbours don't see that
Inspectors have left fully satisfied, but rather they think we've been reprimanded.
All this bcos our neighbours is under the impression we need her permission.
rosina

Postby Mattylad » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:01 pm

Took you long enough to get disgusted, this thread is over 5 months old.

Having a dog that constantly barks ruining the pace and upsetting the neighbours is very ignorant.

Yes dogs bark - but when it is constant then it is not for fun, it is because there is something wrong.
Any comments I give here are my own opinions, for legal advise check with a qualified solicitor.
Mattylad

Postby appledore » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:48 pm

Mattylad wrote:Took you long enough to get disgusted, this thread is over 5 months old.

Having a dog that constantly barks ruining the pace and upsetting the neighbours is very ignorant.

Yes dogs bark - but when it is constant then it is not for fun, it is because there is something wrong.

I agree.

Rosina, if you lived next door to me and your dog was a nuisance with constant barking I'd report you too.
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby victor508 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:59 am

Rosina said :Having a liveried van turn up is embarrassing as neighbours don't see that
Inspectors have left fully satisfied, but rather they think we've been reprimanded.
All this bcos our neighbours is under the impression we need her permission.

You are worried about being embarrased by an rspca van calling at your house , but not worried about your neighbour's having to listen to your dog barking constantly.
I am working at a house at the moment with 2 terriers inside barking at us all day every day , as soon as the customer comes home the dogs stop barking.
When you are home they only bark when they hear a vehicle or a noise , next time you go out leave a recorder running , i think you will find your dog barks constantly , possibly because it is frightened ,that does not make it better for your neighbour , My next door neighbour has 2 dogs , they bark when the postman arrives or a visitor , most people can cope with that , but the constant barker is unbearable.

Victor.
victor508

Postby Mojisola » Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:29 pm

rosina wrote:Iv been reported 2 times in 5 months to the scottish SPCA, BOTH times there
Have been false allegations of mistreatment. Our dog lives outside in her
Kennel, and of course will bark when people approach. In case u didn't catch on,
Dogs BARK.

In case you don't catch on, dogs are pack animals. A dog that is kept isolated, outside, with no other dogs, is not going to be a happy dog. An unhappy dog is likely to be a nightmare for all your neighbours.
Mojisola

Postby Quazi » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:45 pm

We're in a strange one with our neighbour, he has reported us twice the council for "noisy dogs" when it is his own dogs that are the ones that make all the noise!

We never let ours out in the garden on their own, I go out with them every morning to make sure they don't get the urge to bark at nothing, yet he lets his out at will and leaves them there until he decides they've had enough. Thankfully the council realise he is just complaining at nothing and we have agreed that should he complain again he will be required to install monitoring/recording equipment to prove one way or the other.
Now I like that idea, because we will never know when or if he's got it plus he has to push the record button when the noise occurs, which ultimately meanse he won't get anything at anytime, so it suits me fine. Strangely enough we haven't had anymore complaints made against us!
Quazi

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:28 pm

Quazi wrote:We're in a strange one with our neighbour, he has reported us twice the council for "noisy dogs" when it is his own dogs that are the ones that make all the noise!

It sounds like your neighbour has a serious case of myowndogsbarkyetihearitfromafarsyndrome. He might have fun recording his own dogs barking, I wonder if the council can tell one dog barking from another? :lol: :wink:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:57 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:It sounds like your neighbour has a serious case of myowndogsbarkyetihearitfromafarsyndrome. He might have fun recording his own dogs barking, I wonder if the council can tell one dog barking from another? :lol: :wink:

The neighbour maybe has ventriloquist dogs that can throw their voices or wuffs into the next garden. :)
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby Quazi » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:01 am

Yes indeed, it is laughable. There are many dogs around these parts all of which bark at differents rates and at different times. Most folk are decent and stop them when they do so, including myself, others just leave them for prolonged periods to "do their thing" and get them in when they can be bothered. My other neighbour never hears our dogs at all and he is closer than the one that complains, work that one out? :D
Quazi

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:32 pm

appledore wrote:The neighbour maybe has ventriloquist dogs that can throw their voices or wuffs into the next garden. :)

:lol: :lol:

I has to be ghost dogs, only the neighbour can hear them. If you listen really carefully to the neighbour you'll hear him say "I hear dead dogs!" I think the dogs will be telling him to woof woof get a life woof woof... :mrgreen:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby Quazi » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:53 pm

:lol:

We do have ghosts, but none of them dogs as yet. :wink:
Quazi

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:09 pm

Quazi wrote::lol:

We do have ghosts, but none of them dogs as yet. :wink:

:shock: Do they look like this?
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Next

Return to Animals