Cat p-o-o throwing??

This forum is for serious issues involving animals

Cat p-o-o throwing??

Postby hadenoughalready » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:31 pm

We moved into our house 16 months ago, we have 8 cats, the neighbours knew this before we moved in. We live in a cul-de-sac, at the back of our houses is a wooded walk, a little bit of woodland that stretches the length of our houses.
Anyway, we have had no problem with the neighbours at all until about a few weeks back(out of the blue),we were all on friendly terms. In our street and surrounding 2 or 3 streets round us, there are numerous other cats, I would say about 15 other cats from various houses, and they all come round to our area, I suppose because of the wooded walk at the back with all the birds etc that might be there. Our cats seem to spend all their time in this woodland too,literally at the back of our back garden wall, just sleeping there really.
The last few weeks our neighbours have been saying our cats are pooing all over their front and back garden,(they have no lawns or borders, it is all paved over) they mentioned it twice, but now they have resorted to throwing cat censored into our front garden, right outside our front door.
We know for a fact our cats DO NOT p-o-o on lawns or paving stones etc, they only censored where there is dirt, and bearing in mind all our neighbours have no lawns or gardens now only paved lawns etc. Where we lived before for 20 years, we never had any problem with any neighbours about our cats, we had a paved back garden ourself there and borders for plants, they did there business in the soil/borders YES, but NEVER, on any paving slabs, or lawn/grass.

Today, we had a senior enforcement officer from the council come to our house, saying there was a complaint made about the p-o-o in our front garden. It is only there because our neighbours are throwing it into our garden.

There are about 20- odd cats in our area, and most do come round to our houses at some time, how do the neighbours know for a fact it is one of ours?

Can they keep throwing this censored right at our front door literally???
hadenoughalready

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: Cat p-o-o throwing??

Postby despair » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:06 pm

Are you sure its cat censored and not a fox or a small dog

I too get a neighbours cat pooing on my patio when theres loads and loads of garden areas all around

I can only guess its old and incontinant but i too am fed up with it
despair

Postby hadenoughalready » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:50 pm

By the way, before anyone asks, all of our cats, male and female are spayed/neutered, they are as soon as we have them as kittens, and no, we do not feel like irresponsible cat owners. They are all over 12 now, so old and not very agile, so do not go far from home, the back garden into the woods or stay in the house, and at night, they are all in bed with us, me and my husbands bed, and in my son and daughters bedrooms.

Funnily enough, we do have foxes, they come from over the wall into our garden sometimes from the wooded area at the back, and at night in the street you can hear them fighting and making these funny noises.There is quite a bit of wooded area around our way, and lots of wildlife.
hadenoughalready

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:09 pm

Do all your cats have collars with bells? It is important to do that because our cat is over 12, but will catch a younger bird or injured bird if he isn't tinkerbelled up. :)

If your cats are pooping on the neighbour’s property, they 'cats', nor you are committing an offense. But throwing poop around is very un-neighbourly. So I would suggest you, for your own peace of mind, set up a little camera to see where your cats go. Make sure it only faces the ground, not neighbours windows so isn't intrusive and go from there. If the neighbour then throws poop at your property you will have evidence and perhaps the police if being called can do something to calm the situation.

You can't be forced to clean up cat poop, but if it is on their front lawn/patio and you know your cats are doing this, you could offer to clean it up as long as they treat you with the same respect and don't throw it at you or your home. :wink:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:30 pm

The censored could be from foxes or hedgehogs or as despair says, a small dog. Cats usually bury their censored unless they're old or ill. Even if it was cat censored how can your neighbours be sure it's from your cats if there are a lot of cats in the neighbourhood?
Our neighbour complained that our three cats were pooing in his prize carrots. We don't have one cat let alone three. :roll:
It's hardly neighbourly to be throwing censored about.

Why is p"" censored and not pooing?
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:10 pm

appledore wrote:Why is p"" censored and not pooing?

I have often wondered that. :? pooo poop poopy po o and crap. Weird! :lol: piss, no I'm not just trying to swear..just seeing what is allowed. The other words were not. :mrgreen:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:18 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:[I ! :lol: piss, no I'm not just trying to swear..just seeing what is allowed. The other words were not. :mrgreen:

I believe you. :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby hadenoughalready » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:44 pm

They all have collars with bell on, yes, and all have name tags on them, they have all been chipped at the vets. We ARE responsible pet owners, never had neighbours like these before, why start this game only in the last few weeks, we have not upset them in any way that we know of.
hadenoughalready

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:19 pm

hadenoughalready wrote:They all have collars with bell on, yes, and all have name tags on them, they have all been chipped at the vets. We ARE responsible pet owners, never had neighbours like these before, why start this game only in the last few weeks, we have not upset them in any way that we know of.

They probably have something wrong with their brains. It is called pooaphobiaohnonotcatsandunwrappedparcels syndrome. :wink:

But seriously, I can't imagine why they have suddenly taken to throwing pooo, it is not going to help.
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby Mattylad » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:30 pm

If its not yours throw it back :)
Any comments I give here are my own opinions, for legal advise check with a qualified solicitor.
Mattylad

Postby hadenoughalready » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:54 pm

The neighbours have just knocked on the front door (10.30pm)and said say have just seen one of our cats doing their business on the front garden. An all almighty argument erupted, we have offered to go round and pick up any mess there might be, and were told not to go round theirs.They admitted it was them who phoned the council up. They also say they are going to phone the cats protection up about all our cats(8). They are not mistreated or neglected or anything, in fact n the last 2 weeks, 2 of our cats have needed the vets and those bills came to £500+. We asked them to stop throwing the censored in our front garden, we would clear our cats mess up for them, and they said they will throw it where they want and at us if they wanted too, also. We thought we had moved into a respectable area too, but judging by this neighbours behaviour and outburst though tonight, we are beginning to wonder.

How do these disputes get to here in the first place?
Last edited by hadenoughalready on Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
hadenoughalready

Postby span » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:55 pm

Send your cats on a holiday for a week. A cattery, or farm them out to friends or relatives. Anyone, so long as there's no chance fo your cats being around to do their business on your neighbour's property.

See if the neighbours still have a problem in that week. If so, you can prove it's not your cats. If not, maybe it is your cats....
span

Postby hadenoughalready » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:07 pm

Do you want to know something too. They have koi carp in their pond, it is all covered up etc, but they have a disease, so what do they do with the dead fish, well there is a local fishing pond just up the road from us, and we have seen them take these diseased fish and throw them into this fishing pond.Christ, i am all worked up and ranting now. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
hadenoughalready

Postby span » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:45 pm

Calm down, it's not the end of the world. The sun will still rise tomorrow morning.

Meanwhile, find out if there's a local club on that fishing pond, and let them know about the fish dumping shennanigans. That's bang out of order, that is. Ask in the nearest tackle shop.
span

Postby finbob » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:56 pm

I too have a neighbour that has told me that my cat censored`s on his garden.Now, bearing in mind there are about 8 or so other cats that live in the area,no,its my cat!!!!!.I have, for once totally ignored it as my cat is nearly always asleep on the bed anyway.Even if i wasnt a cat lover i really dont think cat censored censored`s would annoy me anyway.Just ignore it,they will get bored eventually. :D
finbob

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Next

Return to Animals