Cat p-o-o throwing??

This forum is for serious issues involving animals

Re: Cat p-o-o throwing??

Postby hadenoughalready » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:18 pm

Neighbours still throwing poop onto the front garden path. As daft as it sounds, we can tell the difference between fresh poop and old poop, and the censored thrown was days old because it was dry as a bone.
Also, just 10 minutes ago, the neighbour over the road, well we just caught them on phone camera, a cat ( we do not know if it was one of ours or not, too far away), well the cat was sitting on their wall and these neighbours came out with their dog and made the dog chase the cat away.

I can tell you this, if anything happens to one of our cats, bites etc, we will phone the police and RSPCA and report these neighbours for setting a dog upon a cat.
hadenoughalready

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby ferdinand2000 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:19 pm

I'd suggest de-emotionalising this, before it gets to be an ingrown reflexive dispute.

If it goes down the titfer-tat route, then you will all be losers.

Perhaps start by asking your neighbours to show that it is *your* cats; perhaps by using CCTV.

If they can't, then problem solved. If they can, and it is mainly your cats then you can offer to sweep it once a day or so.

My personal view is that 8 cats is too many unless you have an acre or more of garden, but that's not really pertinent. This is about managing the relationship.

Ferdinand
ferdinand2000

Postby kandy » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:04 pm

I've given up posting on here normally but regardless of your cat dispute you must report the diseased KOI and the illegal (it is a criminal offence) release URGENTLY. This is extremely serious as there is a desperate battle to prevent the spread of Koi Herpes Virus (KHV or CY-HV1) as well as a number of other extremely serious diseases from ornamental fish stocks to the wild. Please ring the Environment Agency on 0800 80 70 60 (Freephone, 24 hour service) and tell them all the detail you know.
kandy

Postby CraftyLass » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:59 pm

I get this from my neighbours too. I've 4 cats, one lives outside but the other 3 are lazy and hardly ever go out.

Three of my neighbours keep asking me to pick up the poop, and I often do as I'm a coward.

My husband asks them to demonstrate that they've asked the owners of the other 8 or so cats that visit their gardens to do the same then come back to ask us, I'd love to do the same!
CraftyLass

Postby bobby spray » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:20 pm

Be thankful. if I caught your cat Sh!ting in my garden, it would be in the compost bin before it 'snipped off'
bobby spray

Postby jonahinoz » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:55 pm

I have often wondered that. pooo poop poopy po o and crap. Weird! piss, no I'm not just trying to swear..just seeing what is allowed. The other words were not.

Its all the same stuff, whatever you call it, so does it really matter? I suppose the superior beings amongst us can refer to it in Latin, and I bet that is not censored. ??? As long as it is not said to upset/ofend anybody, it shouldn't matter what you call it, assuming you have call it anything.

I watched a 10 year old lad (neighbour's son) push his Doberman Pinscher dog away, when it got particularly interested in the front of his trousers. "Why are you always after my "[b]Latin thing?"[/b], he asked the dog. Obviously a well brought up young lad. But I feel "Get off my "boy's name!" would have been more appropriate. I was amazed when my vet asked me "Has your horse dunged recently?" And the nurse who used to interogate every patient in the ward, at the top of her voice ..... "BOWELS?"
jonahinoz

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:41 pm

jonahinoz wrote:I have often wondered that. pooo poop poopy po o and crap. Weird! piss, no I'm not just trying to swear..just seeing what is allowed. The other words were not.

Its all the same stuff, whatever you call it, so does it really matter? I suppose the superior beings amongst us can refer to it in Latin, and I bet that is not censored. ??? As long as it is not said to upset/ofend anybody, it shouldn't matter what you call it, assuming you have call it anything.

In future I'm calling crap 'and' then I am swearing all the time. :lol: Not to offend though, just to swear, no other reason. :mrgreen: The Latin name for 'and' is crapididliotious. :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:05 pm

jonahinoz wrote:[" And the nurse who used to interogate every patient in the ward, at the top of her voice ..... "BOWELS?"

That reminds me of a woman who used to come round selling horse manure. She'd knock on the door and when you opened it she'd shout 'MANURE?' :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby girlintrouble » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:26 pm

Hello
I was wondering what the latest on this situation was?

I used to have 9 cats, all spayed etc. We did have some problems with the neighbours, one did bring a bucket of stuff and leave it on our doorstep. No throwing, thankfully. Mostly just a few complaints.

Now I have no cats, they all passed away one by one over time. Id like to get one cat now tops 2. I think thats more than enough for most areas.

From my past experience I feel its too hard to try to change other ppl, or to change how an areas "ecosystem" opperate. If other animals, cats or otherwise are drawn to an area due to an influx in your cats and then pooping in your neighbours garden then they will not be happy. Possibly before now they may have never had this problem or very very rarely and had no target to blame.

My suggestion would be to use litter trays in your garden and home and encourage them to use those by gently placing them in the clean tray. You could keep them inside, which may seem unfair or you could build them a large run in the garden, again it may not seem fair however now you have them annoyed they will not likely do an about turn and accept the situation. You (and I) like cats but we cannot force others to like or accept them. If we could ask our cats not to go in other ppls gardens we would. I believe you cannot be made liable legally for a cats actions but you can for a dogs. This doesnt help the case though. Also if they have resorted to throwing then it shows they are not neighbourly and not looking for an amicable solution but to vent their anger possibly at life in general but now focusing on you. You could leave them a can of that cat-off powder to sprinkle over their garden.

One of my neighbours did call the RSPCA on me at one point but they came and could only see 4 of my cats (then had 6) And funilly one of my cats had thet very day been to the vets for a problem so they were unable to suggest that they were not being cared for properly.

Im sure it takes more effort and closer proximity for them to throw the poop back in your gerden and as has been pointed out cats inly leave poop out on the surface when they are marking thier territory. I guess that is natural on arrival but then the existing residents will also be doing it for the same reason. I guess this is a tertiry dispute not only between neighbours of human kind but also of cat kind.

Good luck
girlintrouble

Postby kwhite » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:33 pm

I've only read the 2nd page, but from what I've read it seems your neighbours are unhappy that your cats are pooing on their garden, and so they are throwing it back onto your garden?

As a dog owner, and not a cat person, my argument is always that a dog owner is meant to (I say meant to, cos plenty dont) pick up dog mess, but cat owners dont have to. Therefore, it does annoy me when a cat craps on my property, because the owner isn't there to clean it up.

HOWEVER (before I get flamed), I have a good idea of which cat is doing the biz, but how the hell can I be sure? Answer...I cant.

So your neighbour....are they 100% certain it is your cats making this mess? There are loads of cats round us, and then all the ones that probably come from surrounding streets etc. It would be impossible for me to say which cat had messed, and even if I could, the cat owner, is I think, within their rights to tell me to censored off.

So although I admit I aren't a cat person, I actually think your neighbours are out of order. Firstly, throwing it back isn't very mature, and regardless of how they chose to "return" it, what is their proof that it is one of your cats? Since we've had dogs again the cats dont go in our back garden, but sometimes at the front, although I've found large deposits that didn't come from a moggy.... My take is just to pick it up and put it in the bin.

Do your neighbours have proof that it is your cats and not others? If they dont, then surely they are littering, and if they do, once you agree with it (even so, they might have proof of your cat pooing, but it might not be responsible for all of it) then that is the time to discuss solutions.
kwhite

Postby madmoggy » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:37 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote: probably have something wrong with their brains. It is called pooaphobiaohnonotcatsandunwrappedparcels syndrome.

hahaha - that's the best thing i've seen on these boards in a long time.. :lol:

sounds like you should warn the police about these neighbours harassing you late at night - cat p0o isn't against the law, but harassment is.
madmoggy

Postby x4dow » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:32 pm

I have 0 respect for these kind of cat owners.

Cats censored everywhere but their own garden

I cant even play with my kids on my own garden as there is a fresh cat censored on every squarefeet.

Then if you ask or put one of the poops in their own garden, they go all mad, then its we that "dont understand"

I have no cats so i dont have to clean up after them, Clean up after yours. teach them to censored on your garden/car. not on your neighbours. if you cant, then put them down.

your 8 cats must do at least 16 shits on neightbours gardens a day, unless u see 16-24 shits on your car liter boxes everyday.
x4dow

Postby brackb01 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:44 pm

What your neighbours are doing is illegal, plain and simple. I had exactly the same problem with our neighbours and involved the police.

We were able to clearly demonstrate it was not either of our cats (they were locked in the house on one of the occasions when they were accussed)

If there is any chance that it is your cats, you need to be responible and offer to clear it up, or help discourage your cats from going near their property, their are many products out there.

However - they are affecting your right to enjoy your own house, and harrasing you. As such you should contact the police, get the email address of the local CSO and every time - EVERY TIME - it happens, email them, that way you have a record, and they have a record. They will go have a quiet word to start with. My Local Bobby also recommended putting up CCTV to record if they ever did it again. So now I've got a serious CCTV solution recording 24 / 7 with night vision... Alas our situation deteriorated to the point where I now have a harrasment order out against my Neighbour, still he is a C*ck.

What annoyed me most about it was that he didn't come and speak to me about it, or mention he believed my cats were fouling on his land (as opposed to the 30 or so strays around here), but thought that by throwing the mess at my doorstep I'd immediately work out it was him! He's that dumb he would even confound Darwin.
brackb01

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:18 pm

brackb01 wrote:He's that dumb he would even confound Darwin.

:lol: :lol:

This is a common disorder, yet the name is little known or hard to say, so I’ll help by spelling it out. It is called...

Iseepoopylittlepeopleknownascatsmustthrowitallovermyheadeatitandbatheinitinrageagainsttheshitmachines syndrome.

No real known cure, just hours of poop sniffing and CSI investigation into the poopy producing, next worst thing to Hitler, life destroyer known as fluff ball next door.

I would deeply sympathise but my cat said he would eat childrens heads and poop down their necks if I even dared!
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:00 pm

I'd send for Mary Ploppins to sort it out as supercatisfabulosisthrowing pooisquiteatrocious. :)
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

PreviousNext

Return to Animals