business use - pets

This forum is for serious issues involving animals

business use - pets

Postby yazoo » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:01 pm

Hi , i have 15 cats which i am looking to relocate to my new house.

I plan to conrete 1 third of my garden and build a cattery with runs as i run a cat rescue and boarding facility as a business. is this somthing i can do without planning and or changing the use of the premises??

regards

yazoo
yazoo

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: business use - pets

Postby span » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:29 pm

Doubt it.
span

Postby juliet » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:16 pm

Maybe planning permission from the council?

http://www.nowletsgetstarted.co.uk/runn ... _home.aspx
juliet

Postby jonahinoz » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:41 am

Do a "Google" for CAT RESCUE PLANNING ROMNEY to see what you will be up against .... and that the opposition can be beaten.
jonahinoz

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:57 pm

I think you will need to contact your council. Well done you for taking on such a worthy cause. :D
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby kwhite » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:45 pm

As long as the cats are contained within the runs, the runs are kept clean, and the cats aren't roaming and crapping on all the neighbours property, then I don't see why the neighbours would complain.

If they do complain, and you can show the place is properly run, then won't that dis-arm their arguments?
kwhite

Postby appledore » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:18 pm

I wouldn't mind if you were next door to us. You'd have a regular visitor. :)
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:48 pm

I think there must be close to 10 cats that visit our garden, I doubt neighbours would mind a cat rescue as long as all 15 or so cats aren't roaming their gardens.

I hope it is a success and you manage to re-home all the cats you take into care for. People need to take on rescue animals rather than going to their local pet shop.
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby juliet » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:51 pm

It is funny how this thread twisted towards neighbour complaints when the OP never mentioned a word about complaints.....we must be a bit conditioned on here :lol:
juliet

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:06 pm

juliet wrote:It is funny how this thread twisted towards neighbour complaints when the OP never mentioned a word about complaints.....we must be a bit conditioned on here :lol:

No one is allowed to complain about a neighbour with 15 or more cats, its their dedicated army of shitters. :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby juliet » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:28 pm

I love cats - I have three (two were strays and one was from the cats protection league) but our street is full of them. Vinnie who lives two doors along, a ginger tom the size of a fox, is the boss. He loves to dig my garden up and p00 even though I have a dog (a rescue dog of course!) :lol:
juliet

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:43 pm

We get a lot of cats visiting our garden, there are gravelled areas so it is a great toilet for them. At the moment the hedgehogs are giving the cats a run for their money with poops, they don't stick to the gravel though, just my shoes. :x
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:19 pm

We have lots of visiting cats. We have Hissin Sid who's been visiting for a long time, and we feed him. Now we're feeding a big black cat, he's lovely and friendly. He stands on his back legs, puts his paws on the windowsill and looks through the window when he's hungry. It's like running a canteen.

Will, we get a lot of hedgehog poop too. Good and sticky isn't it? :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:27 pm

appledore wrote: Will, we get a lot of hedgehog poop too. Good and sticky isn't it? :lol:

Hi apples. Grrr hedge-poop is very sticky, I tried to kick one and it ended up as a foot ornament. :lol: I love hedgehogs and feed them, so a little poop is not so bad really. Same with cats, I don't mind them in the garden, I just feel a little sorry for our cat sometimes because he feels he must defend his territory.

For a while we tried to keep other cats out so our cat could feel more at ease. But it isn't really worth the trouble, silly boy goes out and finds trouble anyway. He fights too much, I wish he would just get on with other cats but it isn't to be.

I like that you feed cats co ming to your garden, that is a very kind thing to do. You get cats which you think are stray, we thought our cat was a stray for years and fed him. It turned out he belonged to someone, but as cats do, he chose to keep coming to our house. I don't think you ever own a cat, it much more the other way around.

Hissing Sid sounds like a comical one. Our neighbour’s cat hisses a lot, but still comes to see us. :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:07 pm

Hi Will. No, you never own a cat, they own you. :lol: They decide where they're going to live. Hissing Sid is feral, he's been coming for a long time now, but we can't stroke him. He likes to know the cafe's open, and he likes us to talk to him, his little ears go round like radar scanners. A cat we were feeding earlier in the year came back today. I love them all. :)
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Next

Return to Animals