Ruined garden by sheep

This forum is for serious issues involving animals

Ruined garden by sheep

Postby Flash » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:42 pm

Can somebody please offer some advice. My wife and I have just been away for a weeks holiday and when we returned our children told us that we had had an infestation of sheep in the garden. While they were out the sheep from a niehbouring field broke down their wire fence and spent the day grazing on all of our plants and bushes. They shooed them back and rang the farmer who came around and repaired the fence. However, our well established garden has been decimated. I do not know the cost of the damage or how to assess it but it must me running close to four figures if not more. How do I ascetain this and is the farmer to blame so he has to pay? What do I do if he refuses?

Many thanks
Flash

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: Ruined garden by sheep

Postby hzatph » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:54 am

Do you have legal insurance? If so, refer it to them. Otherwise you need to get some quotes for the work and send them to the farmer. If he refuses then sue him.
hzatph

Postby jonahinoz » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:40 pm

Hi,

If you don't have legal protection, see if your basic insurance covers your garden. If so, claim on that, let the insurers get it back off the farmer.

A flock of sheep invaded a house we were in the process of buying. We got the message .... the farmer wanted the house. We walked away.
jonahinoz

Postby appledore » Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:30 pm

We had two sheep in the garden, they were only there for half an hour, but what a mess. :x
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby katee » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:02 pm

appledore wrote: they were only there for half an hour, but what a mess. :x

LOL, I imagined you in a blood splattered butchers apron and two 'oven ready' sheep when I read this :shock:

katee

Postby Mattylad » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:01 am

Stick a notice on the fence "Any sheep found trespassing on this property will be sold to the butcher !!" :)
Mattylad

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:37 am

katee wrote:

LOL, I imagined you in a blood splattered butchers apron and two 'oven ready' sheep when I read this :shock:

:lol: :lol:

Sheep don't mess with apples, or apples turn sheep into cardigan and sunday dins. :mrgreen:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:06 pm

Mattylad wrote:Stick a notice on the fence "Any sheep found trespassing on this property will be sold to the butcher !!" :)

We did tell our neighbour that if they came in our garden again they'd end up in the freezer. She wasn't amused. :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby appledore » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:12 pm

katee wrote:

We could have had two new hearthrugs and plenty of Sunday dinners. :lol:

We had a ram on the patio on another occasion. It took three men to catch it, it was hilarious. :D
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Return to Animals