This happened in the park....

This forum is for serious issues involving animals

Re: This happened in the park....

Postby appledore » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:21 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:[Teeheeee everyone asks my hubby to reach things for them when we go to the supermarket, he is tall so can reach places others cannot reach. Image :lol:

Awwww nutella...I'll eat some now seeing as you thought of me and the yummy chocolate stuff...shame to waste the kind thought! :D

It is so funny because when I buy apples, I can't help but giggle about our bantering. :lol: I bet if you were an apple, you would be a pink lady. :)

Send hubby round. I collect old teapots, and they're on a high shelf in the kitchen and could do with a wash. He can get them down for me, and he can wash them too if he wishes. :)

You're not going to believe this, but we bought our usual apples this morning and guess what they were ..... pink ladies. :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby jonahinoz » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:04 am

Hi,

DOGS SHOULD BE KEPT ON A LEASH IN PUBLIC. Its a shame, but that is the way things are now. Kids do not meet dogs, dogs do not meet kids, so they do not become mutually familiar. Which is another shame. Modern dogs are not traffic wise.

A dog will do what it thinks is necessary, or what he thinks is his duty. That may not be what its owner wanted ir expected it to do.

I once read in a military magazine about why terrorists don't like dogs. The example described a scene where a little bimbo is beating a soldier with her hand bag. Eventually the squaddy hits her back .... just as the newspaper photographer clicks his shutter. The squaddy is then embarressed, if not in deep do-do. The terrorists claims a moral victory. The photograph did not show the lump of lead in the handbag. A dog will just bite, and not be embarrassed.

I have walked two German Shepherds through the heaving crowds at the Brecon Jazz festival, no problems. Leash goes tight, I look down, and find somebody's granny giving them a cuddle. That is the way it should be. I took the same two dogs along the High Street in Tottenham .... and suddenly realised that I was the only pedestrian. Everybody else had ducked into the nearest shops. Shame!

I have been bitten four times (and stitched twice), three times while trying to break up dog-fights, and once immediately after the dog's owner said "He doesn't bite!" Quickly followed by "Oh ..... he's never done that before!" I just shrugged shoulders, pretended to be brave. Itched like crazy while it was healing.

My mate got between his and another dog that was lining up. The other dog dived in took a bite.... and missed ... bit my mate's thumb off. Dogs were booted back into kitchen and car, mate headed for hospital, where they stitched his thumb back on (he refused general anaesthetic - wanted to watch :shock: ) Both dogs died of old age. Both dogs were big softies, just didn't like each other, for some unknown reason.

If my dog does damage, I'm liable. If somebody's brat does damage, nobody is liable. Don't seem right, somehow.
jonahinoz

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:37 am

jonahinoz wrote:If my dog does damage, I'm liable. If somebody's brat does damage, nobody is liable. Don't seem right, somehow.

It isn't right. If a person can be responsible for a dog, or made responsible, they certainly should be for their children and their children's actions.
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:22 pm

appledore wrote:Send hubby round. I collect old teapots, and they're on a high shelf in the kitchen and could do with a wash. He can get them down for me, and he can wash them too if he wishes. :)

You're not going to believe this, but we bought our usual apples this morning and guess what they were ..... pink ladies. :lol:

Hubby says he will reach the teapots, but he has such a bad reaction to washing up, he goes potty just thinking about it. :wink:

I like pink lady apples, funny that I bought them this week too. Usually I choose braeburn or golden delicious.

Do you have an apple tree apples? :)
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:37 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:
Hubby says he will reach the teapots, but he has such a bad reaction to washing up, he goes potty just thinking about it. :wink:

I like pink lady apples, funny that I bought them this week too. Usually I choose braeburn or golden delicious.

Do you have an apple tree apples? :)

According to our little granddaughter I'm silly gwanma, so I think I would be a Granny Smith. I like braeburns too. I bought some Royal Galas last week for a change, and they were awful.

Yes, we have an apple tree. I think they're Discovery apples, but I'm not sure. We have a pear tree, and the pears are as hard as turnips, a cherry tree that's had no cherries this year, but the birds usually get them first anyway, and a plum tree which has lost most of it's leaves and the plums look horrible. Do you have any fruit trees?

Tell hubby to come tomorrow afternoon then and we'll get the teapots washed. :wink:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:44 am

appledore wrote:According to our little granddaughter I'm silly gwanma, so I think I would be a Granny Smith. I like braeburns too. I bought some Royal Galas last week for a change, and they were awful.

Yes, we have an apple tree. I think they're Discovery apples, but I'm not sure. We have a pear tree, and the pears are as hard as turnips, a cherry tree that's had no cherries this year, but the birds usually get them first anyway, and a plum tree which has lost most of it's leaves and the plums look horrible. Do you have any fruit trees?

Tell hubby to come tomorrow afternoon then and we'll get the teapots washed. :wink:

Hi apples..aka gwanny smith. :lol:

I have heard that most people haven't much, if any good fruit on their trees this year, the rain and poor summer has ruined some things hasn't it.

We don't have fruit trees, if we did we would strip them of fruit in no time at all. I would be a bit miffed if we had fruit trees with no good fruit, it is a shame.

Hubby says he will do the washing up if he can have a krispy kreme donut. :mrgreen:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:27 pm

Hi Will.

I spotted something 'orrible on the lawn the other day, looked like something's innards, so I went for hubby (my hero) :lol:
He got a stick and prodded and poked it, and it was a half eaten plum. :lol: :oops: I did feel daft.

Tell hubby he can have two krispy kreme donuts, but I'll inspect the washing up first to make sure he's done a good job. :)
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:05 pm

appledore wrote:Hi Will.

I spotted something 'orrible on the lawn the other day, looked like something's innards, so I went for hubby (my hero) :lol:
He got a stick and prodded and poked it, and it was a half eaten plum. :lol: :oops: I did feel daft.

Tell hubby he can have two krispy kreme donuts, but I'll inspect the washing up first to make sure he's done a good job. :)

:lol: :lol: That plum does sound very scary!

I do the same when I see a dark thing on the carpet. I think there is a spider...often just scary fluff as hubby puts it. :oops:

Hubby says he will wash and wipe and put away if two donuts are on offer. :lol: He is donut mad, on the way home Sunday, we had to stop off twice for Krispies. :roll: Bless him, at least he is not simple like Homer Simpson, just loves the donuts. :D
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby jonahinoz » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:06 pm

If a person can be responsible for a dog, or made responsible, they certainly should be for their children and their children's actions.

Hi,

I suppose you could try claiming for damage done by kids ... against their house insurance policy ... the third party bit. I believe it cover damage done by the household dog.

:evil:
jonahinoz

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:38 pm

jonahinoz wrote:If a person can be responsible for a dog, or made responsible, they certainly should be for their children and their children's actions.

Hi,

I suppose you could try claiming for damage done by kids ... against their house insurance policy ... the third party bit. I believe it cover damage done by the household dog.

:evil:

Perhaps the wording on insurance policies can be changed to Dog/Kid. You have as much chance of bad parents being responsible for kids as you have for them taking proper care of a dog. Fine the parents every time their little angel cases damage, they would soon learn how to discipline them.
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby jonahinoz » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:10 am

Hi,

Probably OT.

I walk my dog along the local canal tow-path. He is always on a leash, as he wants to be friends with everybody ....eyeball to eyeball. I wouldn't relish being jumped on by a muddy dog, but meet an amazing number of people who seem to enjoy it. :?

Several times we have been strolling along, with Blitz close to heel, when a bicycle wheel appears between us, "EXCUSE ME!" says the cyclists.

Well, I'm very sorry that my dogs leash is interfering with your journey, but if you had rung your bell, we would have got out of your way"

I got chatting to a dog walker on the Brecon Canal. She showed me a piece of paper that the council had given her. It said that pedestrians and animals take precedence over cyclists. So it seems that us foggy people have our own NFH.

J
jonahinoz

Postby despair » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:01 am

in Japan cyclists have more rights than pedestrians on the pavements

Its disconcerting to say the least especially in Tokyo where cyclists hurtle along pavements at frightening pace
despair

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Previous

Return to Animals