Myxomatosis

This forum is for serious issues involving animals

Myxomatosis

Postby dodo » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:56 pm

Wild rabbits with Myxomatosis seem to come into our garden to die -
short of shooting them is there anything we can do to put ailing wild rabbits humanely out of their misery?
dodo

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: Myxomatosis

Postby katee » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:56 pm

Poor things.

It is such a terrible virus causing much suffering to rabbits.

In my opinion, the best and easiest way is to approach a Myxo. rabbit quietly, then dispatch it with a good headshot using a .22

Other than that, a whack behind the head with a hefty stick.
katee

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:52 pm

It is awful to see animals suffering, and in my opinion if you can stomach putting them out of their misery, you are doing the right thing.

I saw a rabbit with myxomatosis and asked hubby to put it out of its misery. I couldn't do it. But have since had to with a bird, so know it is upsetting.

If you have the right sort of gun, do as Katie said and make it quick. They will suffer for an awfully long period otherwise, it doesn't bare thinking about. :(
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:57 pm

Aw, poor things. It's best to put them out of their misery if you can. I don't know if I could. :(

A blue tit had got in our greenhouse today, and couldn't find his way out. He was flying into the glass, but luckily I saw him and let him out.
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:51 pm

appledore wrote:It's best to put them out of their misery if you can. I don't know if I could.

You'll change your mind when your neighbour comes trick or treating.. http://whowoulddothat.com/storage/post- ... 2925841508 :lol: :lol: :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:39 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:
appledore wrote:It's best to put them out of their misery if you can. I don't know if I could.

You'll change your mind when your neighbour comes trick or treating.. http://whowoulddothat.com/storage/post- ... 2925841508 :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll frighten him to death first, and then hit him over the head with a shovel. :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:10 pm

appledore wrote:I'll frighten him to death first, and then hit him over the head with a shovel. :lol:

Oh my god that picture is awful! :shock: That would scare anyone...gulp!

When you hit him with the shovel, you will be able to shovel up the censored afterwards, two birds, one stone. :mrgreen:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:18 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:When you hit him with the shovel, you will be able to shovel up the censored afterwards, two birds, one stone. :mrgreen:

I'd put it round the roses like horse dollop, but it would probably kill them. :mrgreen:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:29 pm

appledore wrote:I'd put it round the roses like horse dollop, but it would probably kill them. :mrgreen:

Best to give the remains to britains most haunted toilets, they are always on the look out for more shocking things! :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:42 pm

appledore wrote:I'd put it round the roses like horse dollop, but it would probably kill them. :mrgreen:

Best to give the remains to britains most haunted toilets, they are always on the look out for more shocking things! :lol:

It would bring in the crowds, and they would be flushed with success. :oops: :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:09 pm

appledore wrote:

It would bring in the crowds, and they would be flushed with success. :oops: :lol:

:lol:

If you went to that toilet, you wouldn’t get myxomatosis, you would get ghostupyabumpis. :oops: :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:28 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:If you went to that toilet, you wouldn’t get myxomatosis, you would get ghostupyabumpis. :oops: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

We had another squirrel hedge runner this morning. The hedge was cut yesterday so there were no bits sticking up on the top to slow him down. :)
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:52 pm

appledore wrote:We had another squirrel hedge runner this morning. The hedge was cut yesterday so there were no bits sticking up on the top to slow him down. :)

Awww it would be nice to have squirrels in the garden, we have seen the odd one, but not enough! :mrgreen:

We viewed a house the other week which had tons of trees around it, they had squirrels in abundance, but they had squirrel proof feeders. http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ocC93vAmonA/S ... on+day.jpg I would spoil the squirrels if I lived there. :D

Then build an army of squirrels and take over the nutella factory. :twisted: :lol: http://comments20.com/Recados/wp-conten ... rel-15.jpg
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:17 pm

Hi Will. I hope you find a house with lots of trees and squirrels. We're not really looking for another house, but the garden is a bit too big for us, so if a house comes on the market that we think could be ok we go and have a look. There's a house quite close to where we live that I've always thought looked nice, and it came on the market so we went for a look. It was awful, so that one's been crossed off the list. :)

Our squirrel proof bird feeders don't seem to make a lot of difference, the squirrels pull them off the tree and eat all the nuts.
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:32 pm

appledore wrote:Hi Will. I hope you find a house with lots of trees and squirrels. We're not really looking for another house, but the garden is a bit too big for us, so if a house comes on the market that we think could be ok we go and have a look. There's a house quite close to where we live that I've always thought looked nice, and it came on the market so we went for a look. It was awful, so that one's been crossed off the list. :)

Our squirrel proof bird feeders don't seem to make a lot of difference, the squirrels pull them off the tree and eat all the nuts.

Hi apples. Isn't it funny when you see a house you think you will like, but it turns out to be awful! We have experienced the same thing. We went on the market, not really expecting much because it is very quiet, but viewed houses anyway just in case we got a buyer. We went to see a bungalow which we thought would be the one! We were all worried in case we liked it too much...but it was just awful! We have viewed houses we didn't expect to like and actually liked them. :lol:

Some houses have a bad feel about them, not like ghosts, but they just don't feel like home. We don't really want much more than we already have, the size suits us. The move is work related and to cut travel, but hubby is now looking for a job where he used to work to be in walking distance again. It will be a case of what comes first now.

I'm really looking forward to Christmas now, are you? I feel more settled to stay now the winter is coming, we were a bit worried about having to move too close to Christmas. :mrgreen: Ching ching ching, santa is on his way....woop! :D

Have you made a list yet? :)
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Next

Return to Animals