Myxomatosis

This forum is for serious issues involving animals

Re: Myxomatosis

Postby appledore » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:54 pm

Hi Will. It would be good if hubby got a job in walking distance. My hubby works from home so he has a very short journey to work. :lol: I think we'll probably end up staying where we are, we'll just have to get more help in the garden as we get older.

I know what you mean about houses having a funny feeling. We went to one and I was all goose pimpley, there was maybe a body hidden in the wardrobe. :shock:

We moved in here just before Christmas, not recommended. Yes, I'm looking forward to Christmas, I've even bought a few presents. We have a little grandson now as well as our granddaughter, so we'll be looking for little boy toys as well as dollies. :) Have you bought any presents yet?

There was a hawk on top of the hedge this morning eating a pigeon. Feathers everywhere. :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:50 pm

Hi apples. I do some work from home, and some work involves travelling. I would love hubby to work from home, although I would be a distraction. :lol:

I have often wondered if there is a body under our patio, the woman we bought the house from said her husband disappeared... :shock:

We actually bough a couple of presents today, we do tend to start early. It is always worth buying presents for other people first, then you can spoil hubby rotten! :lol: He's laughing at that, and said "don't you go spoiling me!" Shhhh .... I will anyway. :wink:

Aww you have two little ones to spoil now, I bet you will be glad to have a break from dollies. You will be able to shop for much more fun stuff like toy cars and train sets. :)

Aww poor pigeon. It looked like a pigeon had been eaten here the other day, probably a cat ate it. Not our cat though, he is a good boy. :mrgreen: It does sound like your hedge is a great entertainment zone, better than telly! It must be the wonderness of Leylandii. :P
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:37 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:I have often wondered if there is a body under our patio, the woman we bought the house from said her husband disappeared... :shock:

:P

Are there any bumps? :lol:

Cars and train sets are much more fun than dollies. He'll be a bit young this Christmas, but next year we'll be able to buy him all sorts.

Yes, the hedge is a good entertainment zone and if there's nothing doing, we can always watch the leylandii grow. :D
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:46 am

There are bumps! Must be loads of bodies! :lol: :lol:

If he can't play with cars and train sets this year, you can always buy them anyway and test them out to know if they will suit him next year. :wink:

I bet you can actually watch Leylandii grow, it grows something like a metre a year doesn't it? We have seen so many houses with Leylandii. I always say to the vendors.. "love that Leylandii!" some say, it isn't Leylandii, it is some other type of conifer....of course it is! :wink: :lol: I wouldn't mind, I would look after it. :)
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:33 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:There are bumps! Must be loads of bodies! :lol: :lol:

If he can't play with cars and train sets this year, you can always buy them anyway and test them out to know if they will suit him next year. :wink:

I bet you can actually watch Leylandii grow, it grows something like a metre a year doesn't it? We have seen so many houses with Leylandii. I always say to the vendors.. "love that Leylandii!" some say, it isn't Leylandii, it is some other type of conifer....of course it is! :wink: :lol: I wouldn't mind, I would look after it. :)

We have our son's train set in the loft, so our grandson will be able to play with that when he's older. Our little granddaughter likes playing with cars.

Our leylandii gets cut once a year, and takes no more looking after than our other hedges. In fact the privet grows faster and looks more of a mess. :)

A hedgehog has started to come every night to finish off the cat's food. He tips the bowl onto it's side so he can reach the food. I tried to take a photo, but I only got a reflection off the window.
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby arborlad » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:45 pm

dodo wrote:Wild rabbits with Myxomatosis seem to come into our garden to die -
short of shooting them is there anything we can do to put ailing wild rabbits humanely out of their misery?

..............this, or just the heel of a boot on the head - swift and humane.

katee wrote:
In my opinion, the best and easiest way is to approach a Myxo. rabbit quietly, then dispatch it with a good headshot using a .22

Other than that, a whack behind the head with a hefty stick.
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:30 pm

appledore wrote:A hedgehog has started to come every night to finish off the cat's food. He tips the bowl onto it's side so he can reach the food. I tried to take a photo, but I only got a reflection off the window.

The hedgehog that comes to our garden tips the water bowl over itself, I tend to throw biscuits all over the patio so it takes him a while to eat them all. I'll try and take a photo and we can compare the hogs. :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Previous

Return to Animals