Bang!

This forum is for serious issues involving animals

Bang!

Postby jonahinoz » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:46 pm

Hi,

We have a squadeon of sparrows living in out front hedge. Severaltimes a week, tyhereis a bang, as one of them tries to flythrough our front window. Gives us quite a shock.There have been no fatalities this year, but some in previous years, though previous years it only happened rarely.

Can anyone suggest a way of stopping this happening, without cutting down our daylight?

John W
jonahinoz

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: Bang!

Postby appledore » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:20 pm

Hi John. They fly into our patio doors. We bought some butterfly stickers which were supposed to help, but it made no difference. There's such a bang, and often we can see the shape of the bird on the glass. I don't know whether blinds or curtains would help as they'd still see the reflection of the garden in the glass.
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:27 pm

We had this problem in our old house, here not so much luckily. What we did is put large sticks on the windows,and it didn't make a blind bit of difference. Even with our blind partly closed you would here the crash! I haven't a clue what would work, they just see a reflection of sky and they bump. :( Maybe putting a large fake bird of prey near the window would work?
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:51 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:. :( Maybe putting a large fake bird of prey near the window would work?

One of our neighbours hung a big bird made out of polysterene beside his veg plot. I don't know whether it kept the birds off his veg, but it certainly frightened me the first time I saw it. :shock:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Return to Animals