Neighbours cats

This forum is for serious issues involving animals

Re: Neighbours cats

Postby arsie » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:31 pm

elsid wrote:
MacadamB53 wrote:
if you're going to jump onto someone else's thread, the least you could do is read it first ;)

look back to the start of this thread to see my proposed solution.

Kind regards, Mac

I had read your thread but forgot. Chicken wire? :roll: Have thought about electrifying the chicken wire, that might work.

'Control to brain, come in please' - electrify chicken wire laid on the ground? Where do you live, Battersea power station?
:roll: :roll: :roll:
arsie

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby elsid » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:38 pm

Go on, you know you want to try it! Just think, fried cat! :twisted:
elsid

Postby ukmicky » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:20 pm

i have a neighbour who always moans about my cats catching birds and field mice in her jungle /garden . In the end after her constant moaning i told her that if she were to stop covering the ground with bread crumbs all the time and got a proper bird feeder then maybe it would be more of a challenge for the cats and they would find somewhere else to hunt and then maybe we would also have less of a mouse problem in the winter when they migrate from the fields into the houses.

Cat owners can do nothing to prevent their animals from going into neighbours gardens and going toilet so moaning to a neighbour about their cat or showing them a video is totally pointless. Cats have to go toilet somewhere and unless all cats are banned which will never happen they will always be going toilet in our gardens.

I have cats, foxes and the occasionally dog going toilet in my gardens and whilst yes it is an annoyance, it's not the end of the world. I just get on with life because what is the point in getting upset over something that can't be prevented.

What does get me annoyed is the local Tom coming in through the cat flap eating my cats food and fighting with my cats in my living room or kitchen at 5 am in the morning .
Advice given is not legally qualified and you are advised to gain a professional opinion
ukmicky

Postby alyson » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:25 pm

ukmicky wrote:
What does get me annoyed is the local Tom coming in through the cat flap eating my cats food and fighting with my cats in my living room or kitchen at 5 am in the morning .

You need a microchip activated cat flap
alyson

Postby arborlad » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:33 pm

MacadamB53 wrote:Our next solution will be put in place very soon - chicken wire pegged flat to the ground.

Kind regards, Mac

So - how has it worked?..................not very well I would imagine.
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Postby MacadamB53 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:38 pm

Hi ukmicky,

What does get me annoyed is the local Tom coming in through the cat flap eating my cats food and fighting with my cats in my living room or kitchen at 5 am in the morning

I had the same happen years back, couldn't help being impressed every time though - they can be fierce little beggars when they want to be can't they?

Kind regards, Mac
MacadamB53

Postby MacadamB53 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:41 pm

Hi arborlad,

thanks for asking - it's working a treat actually (early days though, so I might be saying different this time next year...)

Kind regards, Mac
MacadamB53

Postby ukmicky » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:43 pm

alyson wrote:
ukmicky wrote:

You need a microchip activated cat flap

That is our next step but the online reviews are not very good. There does not seem to be any make which is receiving good reviews
Advice given is not legally qualified and you are advised to gain a professional opinion
ukmicky

Postby arborlad » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:44 pm

MacadamB53 wrote:Hi arborlad,

thanks for asking - it's working a treat actually (early days though, so I might be saying different this time next year...)

Kind regards, Mac

I can confidently predict you will!
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Postby MacadamB53 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:58 pm

Hi arborlad,

I can confidently predict you will!

thank you mister positive.

Shrugging regards, Mac
MacadamB53

Postby ukmicky » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:07 am

MacadamB53 wrote:Hi ukmicky,

What does get me annoyed is the local Tom coming in through the cat flap eating my cats food and fighting with my cats in my living room or kitchen at 5 am in the morning

I had the same happen years back, couldn't help being impressed every time though - they can be fierce little beggars when they want to be can't they?

Kind regards, Mac

Sure can be especially if a fox comes into the garden. Foxes are such chickens..

Having said that though she the older cat a bengal is so laid back and well natured that even though she loves catching birds and mice she has never hurt one and always brings them home totally unharnmed , its like she finds it fun watching us trying to catch them when she releases them in the living room . One night at about 3 am she jumped on the bed and woke us up , when we turned the light on she dropped a mouse . It took about 2 hours that night to find the bloody thing and another hour putting the furniture back in the room.

She did at one time get on with the Tom but it attacked the kitten a few months ago and being only 6 months old he had no chance but even though she does not get on with the kitten as he is always jumping on her she ran straight to his rescue and ever since if she sees the Tom she launches her self at it ,
ukmicky

Postby elsid » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:16 am

ukmicky wrote:i have a neighbour who always moans about my cats catching birds and field mice in her jungle /garden . In the end after her constant moaning i told her that if she were to stop covering the ground with bread crumbs all the time and got a proper bird feeder then maybe it would be more of a challenge for the cats and they would find somewhere else to hunt and then maybe we would also have less of a mouse problem in the winter when they migrate from the fields into the houses.

Cat owners can do nothing to prevent their animals from going into neighbours gardens and going toilet so moaning to a neighbour about their cat or showing them a video is totally pointless. Cats have to go toilet somewhere and unless all cats are banned which will never happen they will always be going toilet in our gardens.

I have cats, foxes and the occasionally dog going toilet in my gardens and whilst yes it is an annoyance, it's not the end of the world. I just get on with life because what is the point in getting upset over something that can't be prevented.

Well of course as the law stands you are right, the cat is a law unto its self. My point is that my neighbour would not believe it was his cat until I showed him the video, so I think you are wrong in saying the video was pointless. At the very least it allowed me to identify the culprit and prove that cats do dump on grass as well as soil. When he saw his cat on the video he did not know what to say, I imagine because everything he had just said in defence of his cat had been proved wrong. I also showed him photos I had taken of his cats crap which he seemed to find mildly amusing, especially the fresh one complete with two bluebottle flies. He did eventually say sorry, half heartedly and added I don't know what else I can do. Thats when I said can you buy the cat repellent and he said he would look into it, so I still dont know if they intend buying it or not, mu guess is they wont on principle and why should they the law is on their side. Some people like yourself don't seem to mind living with all kinds of crap in their garden or kitchen. Well that's OK, I know it takes all sorts and its a free country, but I for one don't want to have to clean up someone else's cat crap every couple of days. I want to be able to play football with my son in the garden and walk around it with out fear of treading in the smelly stuff, just like I used to before the new neighbours turned up with a cat. I now find myself in a position where I will have to test the law, as I fully intend throwing the crap back where it came from and see how they like it on their lawn, I bet they wont.

elsid

Postby ukmicky » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:25 am

Silly move throwing it over the fence ,do what most of us do and throw it in the green waste because you will regret it when they CATch you and call the police .
ukmicky

Postby COGGY » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:03 am

Ukmicky

You have just made me really laugh at the thought of you chasing mice in the middle of the night. Don't suppose you laughed much at the time though you obviously can now. I was feeling a bit upset and reading that makes me feel soooo much better. Thanks for sharing it.

Kind regards
Coggy
COGGY

Postby elsid » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:07 am

ukmicky wrote:Silly move throwing it over the fence ,do what most of us do and throw it in the green waste because you will regret it when they CATch you and call the police .

So your saying its a no win situation and I will just have to put up with it. I don't agree. When the law is on the side of the guilty, then I need to find a god father figure, someone who can organise a hit on the cat.
elsid

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

PreviousNext

Return to Animals