Pond fish

This forum is for serious issues involving animals

Re: Pond fish

Postby COGGY » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:46 pm

Golly Gosh Mac

If someone had been banging on my door and shouting like this neighbour I woould not go round and ask if he had calmed down now. Wouldn't this inflame him all over again? He may well respond with a bop on the nose.

Amused regards
Coggy :lol:
COGGY

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby MacadamB53 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:11 pm

Hi COGGY,

you may be right, but my hunch is - given it was at 04:00 - alcohol may have been involved.

the OP does say it was out of the blue as well...

Kind regards, Mac
MacadamB53

Postby humptydumpty » Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:32 pm

MacadamB53 wrote:Hi COGGY,

you may be right, but my hunch is - given it was at 04:00 - alcohol may have been involved.

the OP does say it was out of the blue as well...

Kind regards, Mac

A 'bleep' too far!
humptydumpty

Postby COGGY » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:26 pm

Hi Smileymiles

My other half suggests you go round and apologise for the door bleeping annoying them and state that you have now sorted it. This is after all the truth and it really is better not to fall out with neighbours if possible. (That is the voice of experience.)

Kind regards
Coggy
COGGY

Postby ukmicky » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:21 am

The best way to filter a pond is with a gravity feed system where the water is pumped back in rather than out. My pump turns over 15000 gallons an hour.

I have a rather large koi pond in my garden that required ladders to be placed in it so I could get in and out when I was building it . Due to concerns I had due to the school behind me as I was fishing out the odd drinks can I placed a angled trellis up high between the pond and the boundary and grew climbing plants through it. It also gave me the added benefit of shading the pond from the sun for part of the day so I was able to place a less powerful UV light in the system in order to prevent the water from going green,
Advice given is not legally qualified and you are advised to gain a professional opinion
ukmicky

Previous

Return to Animals