Dogs Barking through the walls!

This forum is for serious issues involving animals

Dogs Barking through the walls!

Postby sprocker1 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:08 am

Hello
It's a long time since I have posted on here, this is the situation.

Moved into new build 4 years ago, 1st set of neighbours were great, and even had a child in the time they lived next door, we never heard a single cry. Unfortunately they decided to sell up and move 18 months ago.

New neighbours move in whilst we were on holiday, and made a comment to my partners parents (who were looking after our house and DOG) that it will be lovely to finally have nice neighbours!

We have chatted to the new neighbours from time to time, and have always acknowledged them.

12 months ago, they asked us if we ever heard their dog barking, to which we replied no, sometimes when the Postman comes, but that's pretty normal! They then commented about our dog and that they never hear her and that she doesn't bark at all. (I know she is a quiet dog because we used to live in a cottage with paper thin walls, and the then neighbours said the same)

Shortly after this conversation they arrived home with a new puppy, and as the puppy has grown older, the barking has become more intense. We spoke to the neighbour about this and they promised to rectify the situation. The situation improved slightly, and we continued to acknowledge them etc.

And then it started again. Every single time they go out and leave the dogs they start, howling and barking, you can hear them outside, and worst of all in the lounge and two of the bedrooms, and even the kitchen, our entire living space is polluted by the noise. I spoke to the council about this and they sent out a diary to be completed, however in a week, because we both work there were only 3 instances of noise and I didn't think that would be taken seriously?

Last night after 3 solid hours of barking and howling (They had done this all morning last Saturday and all Sunday afternoon) I text them again, and told them that since they had left the house they had been barking and howling constantly. I received a reply that it must be the dogs over the road! I replied NO its your dogs, I have heard them through the walls for the last 3 hours, please sort it out. I then got the reply, we were off for the last 2 weeks and they haven't barked once whilst we have been with them! I again replied its not when you are in, its when you are out!

Any Ideas please (And moving house is not an option although I gladly would at this time!)
Sprocker
sprocker1

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: Dogs Barking through the walls!

Postby MacadamB53 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:27 am

Hi sprocker1,

why not invite them round for a chat - they'll then hear the dogs...

there's plenty they could do - just google "puppy" "howling" "alone" - maybe do a bit of research and tentatively share your findings...

Kind regards, Mac
MacadamB53

Postby sprocker1 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:32 am

Hi
We have tried that too! However they made no response!
Sprocker
sprocker1

Postby cleo5 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:12 pm

Hi,
I think you need to get some sort of recording device that remains on all day so that the dog barking can be monitored. That way you have evidence. Then let the dog owner hear it and he may realise how prolonged and loud it is. Hopefully he will try to resolve the matter. There are devices that are plugged in that soothe dogs while owners are out available for around £15. Or a session with dog trainer would solve it.
If Neighbour fails to respond then get in touch again with local council noise abatement officer and present him with the evidence.
cleo5

Postby sprocker1 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:29 pm

Hello again.

So since I posted... nothing, not a peep. We suspect that there may be somebody in 24/7 with the dogs. How sustainable this is I don't know. But at least the problem is solved.... for now!
Sprocker
sprocker1

Postby COGGY » Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:37 pm

Maybe your neighbour comes on this site and reading made them realise how bad the problem was. :roll:
COGGY

Postby stufe35 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:47 am

So now text them thanking them for whatever they have done as it has made a real difference.
stufe35

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Return to Animals