Willow roots damaging bank of track

Willow roots damaging bank of track

Postby harriet » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:43 pm

The vineyard on the other side of the track that runs past and to my cottage, planted a row of willows about 10 years ago, on the edge of the field which borders the track, the roots of which are now seriously eroding the bank of the track, that I use to reach my cottage. The vineyard has subsequently been taking over by new owners, but they claim they are not liable for the damage, or cost of removing the trees. The track is owned by a local farmer who also says he is not liable for the cost of removal. There are a number of properties that use the track - who is should be liable to pay for their removal? The current vineyard owners have said they are happy to have the trees removed but we would have to pay. Is this trespass? And if so who is liable?
harriet

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: Willow roots damaging bank of track

Postby despair » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:55 pm

The now vineyard owners are responsible for all damage that occurs AFTER you have given them formal notice

The existing problems with root incursion are the responsibility of the tracks owner ???????? the Farmer.........its he who needs to remove the trespass and put the vineyard ownwers on notice
despair

Return to Roots