Cherry Tree roots concern.

Cherry Tree roots concern.

Postby Zippage » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:00 pm

I have an issue with a housing association, about a cherry tree outside my own house.
It is cracking the concrete on the boundary of my property, and now you can see at least 1 root coming up through the slabs in the garden.,
They tell me that the roots wont reach my house, I would say its at least 20 ft tall. and about 6-7 meters from my house structure.
Its about 2 meters from my fence where the cracks are. The root coming up through the garden is about 6ft away from the house now.

Is there anything i can do? Do i have anything i can use to to get them to maybe remove the tree? or get rid of the roots under my garden and repair the damage caused? How far can Cherry Tree roots reach?

Thanks for any help.
Zippage

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: Cherry Tree roots concern.

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:09 pm

Zippage wrote:I have an issue with a housing association, about a cherry tree outside my own house.
It is cracking the concrete on the boundary of my property, and now you can see at least 1 root coming up through the slabs in the garden.,
They tell me that the roots wont reach my house, I would say its at least 20 ft tall. and about 6-7 meters from my house structure.
Its about 2 meters from my fence where the cracks are. The root coming up through the garden is about 6ft away from the house now.

Is there anything i can do? Do i have anything i can use to to get them to maybe remove the tree? or get rid of the roots under my garden and repair the damage caused? How far can Cherry Tree roots reach?

Thanks for any help.

You cannot get them to remove the tree, you can only cut back branches and roots which are in your land. You can't make the neighbours do this for you. If the roots caused damage to your property, your house insurance would cover that.
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby Zippage » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:13 pm

Thanks for your reply.

The tree isn't my neighbours it is on land owned by a housing association.
Does this make any difference?

Thanks
Zippage

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:23 pm

Zippage wrote:Thanks for your reply.

The tree isn't my neighbours it is on land owned by a housing association.
Does this make any difference?

Thanks

I would contact them and see if they are willing to remove the tree, but they don't have to. The situation remains the same regardless of who owns the tree.
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Return to Roots