Tree Roots LA PTO hinderance

Re: Tree Roots LA PTO hinderance

Postby TOTOO » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:49 pm

despair wrote:the damage being done to Famflips property does seem to be far reaching and expensive surely Local Councils are not so awash with money these days that they or their insurers would shoulder the cost of such damage

An amenity monetary value can be attributed to trees. This frequesntly amounts to 10's of thousands and in some cases £100's of thousands of pounds.
Would you destroy an asset or amenity worth in excess of £100k for the sake of a few grand being spent on repairation of a drive/garage/boundary wall etc....???
TOTOO

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby TOTOO » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:54 pm

famflips wrote:LA TPO hindrances

Thankyou for all the input. The trees in question are Maple and Larch and have grown to twice the size of
the house - ie estimated at some 80-90 feet . I have now heard from the PTO staff whereby I have approx 20 days to give notification of any objection. On the point that trees can add to the enjoyment of the environment - Yes
- except to house owners looking on helplessly as their property continues to sustain damage - and that in law will have to be disclosed to any potential buyer when the the house comes up for sale - with results expected that need no spelling out ! Not to mention that this area is absolutely awash with trees and especially the tree owner who has more than a whole line of additional trees on his property .

It is beyond belief that a TPO can be issued without any need of the tree owner to declare - or the issueing TPO official to ascertain whether or not the trees are known to be causing damage to property or any other complaint .

From my experiences I can only advise others suffering from similar damage from trees that if thinking of approaching your PTO council member for assistance - Forget it !

famflips

You can state your case in your objection.

The fact that there are trees in your locality probably adds to the attractiveness of the area and increased property prices.
TOTOO

Postby famflips » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:58 pm

May I please just say for those viewing trees through rose tinted glasses - that there is little or no evidence - as suggested - that prospective purchasers of houses in this area are in any way influenced or attracted to houses that have trees - leave alone tall overgrown trees that have large thick wandering roots extending some 12 to 20 feet into ones garden - accompanied with the associated damage to property their roots bring. In fact to the contrary many
local residents have had these trees removed.

For those adamant that trees are such a wonderful environmental gift then maybe one day they too will suffer living next door to a neighbour who upon being informed that his trees have caused thousands of pounds of damage to property - will then discover - as I have - that all his neighbour need then do is go to the council for an immediate TPO that will almost for certain be granted - regardless of whether or not it is disclosed that the
trees are causing thusands of pounds of damage to property. Just as the CPS is seen as a service to protect
criminals - so apparantly is the TPO office a service to protect tree owners - especially those having trees that are
causing damage to property !

famflips
famflips

Postby TOTOO » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:54 pm

famflips wrote:May I please just say for those viewing trees through rose tinted glasses - that there is little or no evidence - as suggested - that prospective purchasers of houses in this area are in any way influenced or attracted to houses that have trees - leave alone tall overgrown trees that have large thick wandering roots extending some 12 to 20 feet into ones garden - accompanied with the associated damage to property their roots bring. In fact to the contrary many
local residents have had these trees removed.

For those adamant that trees are such a wonderful environmental gift then maybe one day they too will suffer living next door to a neighbour who upon being informed that his trees have caused thousands of pounds of damage to property - will then discover - as I have - that all his neighbour need then do is go to the council for an immediate TPO that will almost for certain be granted - regardless of whether or not it is disclosed that the
trees are causing thusands of pounds of damage to property. Just as the CPS is seen as a service to protect
criminals - so apparantly is the TPO office a service to protect tree owners - especially those having trees that are
causing damage to property !

famflips

But people are, whether they are conciously aware of it or not - it is a fact that property values are higher in 'green and leafy' areas.
Again, they are. They provide numerous significant environmental, ecological, economical and social benefits
Completely incorrect
No it's not, as already explained

Yet again this is another case of someone who has not listened (read) the advice and explanations given and does not like parts of what they have read, all of which is fact and not opinion.
TOTOO

Postby despair » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:55 pm

I suspect the costs of the repairs needed amount to a heck of a lot too ............i trust quotes are being obtained to add to the objection papers

A photo of Famflips situation would help us all to truly asses things but it still comes down to right tree in right place and it rather seems that Famflips neighbour is using undue influence with the TPO officer for his own ends

Let us hope Famflips objections are taken very seriously indeed because i sure would not want to face the bill for the repairs
despair

Postby Treeman » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:51 am

despair wrote:I suspect the costs of the repairs needed amount to a heck of a lot too ............i trust quotes are being obtained to add to the objection papers

A photo of Famflips situation would help us all to truly asses things but it still comes down to right tree in right place and it rather seems that Famflips neighbour is using undue influence with the TPO officer for his own ends

Let us hope Famflips objections are taken very seriously indeed because i sure would not want to face the bill for the repairs

What relevance does the cost of repair to date have on the TPO process?.....None, not a bit, all you are doing is making work for people where the effort could be better used elsewhere. Fools errand springs to mind

You think undue influence but the process is laid down in an act of parliament. Anything out of the ordinary stands out. You are just making rumor out of someone else's suspicion. Bad for the forum again
Treeman

Postby despair » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:51 pm

Then do please advise all of us just who is going to foot the bill for the damage done to famflips property

because right now it seems the neighbour wins and famflips is stuffed ..................if thats justice the Law is a total ASS
despair

Postby Treeman » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:01 pm

despair wrote:Then do please advise all of us just who is going to foot the bill for the damage done to famflips property

because right now it seems the neighbour wins and famflips is stuffed ..................if thats justice the Law is a total ASS

Oh gawd here we go again explaining things that you OUGHT to know.............

The answer is no one, just the same as it would be if the TPO did not exist, you DO KNOW that dont you, if you can just get the TPO issue out of your head.

It makes no diference to what has happend to date and what will happen in the future depends on the outcome of the TPO process.

The responsibility for the damage to date is a totally seperate matter to the TPO. If you want to know more about this read up on Dellaware, you were pretty keen on throwing that arround for a while but it seems you still dont have a proper grasp on the principal.

If you know nothing say nothing
Treeman

Postby famflips » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:56 pm

I will just make it clear that I am not necessarily asking for the trees to be cut down - I have requested that something needs to be done about the roots ,

If still insisting that the granting of a PTO is 'not' repeat 'not' a serious handicap to any householder wishing to take action against a tree owner whose roots are breaking up property - then it would be pointless discussing the matter further. Thanks to the PTO I am now not now longer able his branches overhanging my property cut back -
as I had prior to the TPO - same again roots - not without applying to the Council with all the time and
paraphenalia thats likely to involve !

And I will say again that for any tree owner to be granted a TPO without the need to ascertain prior whether or not the trees may be the subject of damage or complaints - especially of a serious nature can only be regarded as a dereliction of duty and grosse incompetence within the Council and TPO office - and this will be stated in my appeal notes !

famflips
famflips

Postby despair » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:39 pm

Famflips .............Dereliction of Duty is not the only thing the LA will be guilty of
Collusion with a Surveyor with friends in high places sounds likely for starters

Have you checked whether you have Legal Expenses Cover somewhere
Have you got quotes to repair the damage
Do read Delaware Mansions case and remind the LA of it too

Involve your Local Councillor and also the press
despair

Postby TOTOO » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:28 pm

Despair - You are laughable :lol:
TOTOO

Postby TOTOO » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:36 pm

famflips wrote:I will just make it clear that I am not necessarily asking for the trees to be cut down - I have requested that something needs to be done about the roots ,

If still insisting that the granting of a PTO is 'not' repeat 'not' a serious handicap to any householder wishing to take action against a tree owner whose roots are breaking up property - then it would be pointless discussing the matter further. Thanks to the PTO I am now not now longer able his branches overhanging my property cut back -
as I had prior to the TPO - same again roots - not without applying to the Council with all the time and
paraphenalia thats likely to involve !

And I will say again that for any tree owner to be granted a TPO without the need to ascertain prior whether or not the trees may be the subject of damage or complaints - especially of a serious nature can only be regarded as a dereliction of duty and grosse incompetence within the Council and TPO office - and this will be stated in my appeal notes !
famflips

What, filling in a simple application form? What evil-doers the LA are.

And I will say again..... THAT IS WHAT THE CONSULTAION PROCESS IS FOR, SO YOU CAN OBJECT. Therefore they are not being incompetent or derelicting thier duty are they? They are CONSULTING YOU; but no, you continue to slag off your LA if it makes you feel better. Have you not read or understood anything?

...and BTW it is TPO, not PTO.
TOTOO

Postby Sudynim » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:54 pm

despair wrote:the damage being done to Famflips property does seem to be far reaching and expensive surely Local Councils are not so awash with money these days that they or their insurers would shoulder the cost of such damage

I don't think every council is prepared to fork out like this, unless it's an exceptional tree. Certainly in my area, a rural conservative shire, it would be a simple question of which option is cheapest. We have plenty of trees, but we're struggling to keep our schools & old people's homes open.

The equation would be different in a cash-rich, tree-starved urban setting, I imagine, and if elected councillors are content to pay for the damage in order to keep the tree then that is their right & duty (they are accountable for it at the ballot box). As long as Famflip's drive is repaired, it doesn't matter to him either way.
Sudynim

Postby famflips » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:48 am

... from famflips

For the benefit of those who apparantly revel and welcome adding extra tiers of beaurocracy so readily to
a problem a TPO produces upon the agrieved party - (to nit pick over the accidental typing of TPO / PTO being too petty to warrant comment) then take as an example the fact that the Council sent along a TPO offical to assess the sitution - and although the two trees (larch and Maple) are recommended to be no nearer than 28 FEET from boundary or property - These are in fact but THREE FEET from the broken up area and border ! Completely Ignored and overlooked ! Not a mention by the Councils jobsworth ! In addition both trees are well above the Garden Law recommended heights - but again all completely ignored !

famflips

Postby Treeman » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:12 pm

famflips wrote:... from famflips

are recommended to be no nearer than 28 FEET from boundary or property - These are in fact but THREE FEET from the broken up area and border ! Completely Ignored and overlooked !

Where does it say that??
Treeman

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

PreviousNext

Return to Roots