roots and new building work !

roots and new building work !

Postby rootsnall » Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:16 pm

I have had various previous posts ( pre site crash ) about tree removal and a new build bungalow, so apologies if anybody is rehashing replies. I have now had all the potential problem trees on my site felled ( and replanted some ) and will be getting some heavy plant to come and remove various tree stumps in the next week or so. The last tree to be felled was a 60ft mature silver birch ( last week ), it is only 7-8ft from the intended foundations. The soil is about 50cm top soil, then 40cm almost pure sand, and then clay. The clay appears to have a higher plasticity than envisaged but to my knowledge there has never been any 'heave' in the area. I am going for an NHBC warranty and am worried their solution to the removed trees ( and possible 'heave' ) will be a bit overkill. If the tree and its roots are completely removed how long would it take for the water situation in the soil to settle down !? I don't understand why it wouldn't quickly settle down. Some of the info I have come across talks about it taking years.

Regards, Jonathan
rootsnall

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Return to Roots