Magic Mushrooms

For anyone interested in gardening & a bit of light relief from the problems of this world

Magic Mushrooms

Postby Angelisle » Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:10 pm

High :roll: All, perhaps not :lol:
Aplogies if you are reading this under the false impression that Mushrooms were of the hallucinagenic variety :shock: Angry mentioned on a previous post about placing concrete mushrooms along a border to prevent neighbours encroachment.

I thought about this and it would seem quite simple and cost effective to make your own DIY concrete mushrooms.
Take a B & Q plastic bucket, upturned dustbin lid ( greased ), suitable amount of concrete and small tester posts of masonry paint. I have not tried it yet, but have had divine inspiration for the Magic Mushroom. For stability when putting top and bottom together knock in a few concrete nails proud of the surfaces and sandwich together with either concrete mix or other suitable bonding agent. Apply masonry paint, decorate according to taste and serve with a :) © Angelisle
Angelisle

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby ANGRY » Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:33 pm

Wwwwwwwwwwwoooooooowwwwwwwwww Angelisle :lol:

:idea: ....I guess necessity is the mother of invention.

Regards ANGRY :wink:
ANGRY

Postby despair » Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:57 pm

Yup

It works

seen it done more than once
despair

Postby Angelisle » Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:22 pm

Just a thought,
In hot weather time is of the essence, concrete can set too quickly, so add a few drops of Fairy Liquid :lol: to the mix to retard setting time, thus allowing the neighbours to view your obvious artistic talent. :wink:
To save on mess, mix the Top batch in the bucket first which leaves the bucket free to construct the base. If unsure about mix quantities you can purchase bags of ready mix concrete, or for a quicker fix bags of Post Set for fences (just add water) of which the mix cure's very quickly. © Angelisle :lol:
Angelisle

Postby nigelrb » Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:08 pm

Can you suggest a mould for garden gnomes too? Concrete mushrooms - goodness me - doesn't any one have a few spare 'leaves' of Prickly Pear cactus they can share? cheers, Nigel
Life is never what it seems; there is always two sides to every story.
nigelrb

Postby Angelisle » Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:23 pm

Can you suggest a mould for garden gnomes too?

Plain yoghurt if smeared all over the untreated concrete Gnome and left outside for a few weeks to weather, I believe this gives a nice verdigris effect. :)

Thought of another easy border deterent Comical Cone
Find a disused traffic cone, get some chicken wire make a smaller cone shape out of this and place it inside of the traffic cone for rigidity before filling with concrete, decorate according to taste. Or what about an Obelisk/Obelisque take a few bits of offcut shuttering ply in the desired height and shape, screw together leaving one side open, fill with concrete tamper down and smooth off with a float/trowel. :lol:
Angelisle

Postby red wookie » Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:44 am

SOUnds to me like were on to all sorts of dodgy"members" casting ideas :lol:
red wookie

Postby despair » Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:07 pm

Best thing would be to dig a huge hole .......pile in all our NFH and then pour in concrete

Maybe then we could all get some peace !!!
despair

Postby Angelisle » Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:21 pm

Red Wookie saw your quote below on another thread
I have seen a brilliant sculpture by Judith Wiseman,that I have always laughed at the idea of using where our NFHs' have removed our hedge and mainly look into our garden.
It's cast in bronze or resin-something like that, is 2m high and is a perfectly detailed,nail and all,single middle finger "digit " standing erect......
It makes me smile every time I think about it!!!

Seriously doubt that we could find a Marigold as large as would be required to manipulate and fill with either concrete or plaster. They do say that many hands make light work :twisted: perhaps several smaller versions upright on fence posts or Obelisk/Obelisque (see above) between the hedging may suffice :lol:
Angelisle

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Return to Gardening