Water Butts

For anyone interested in gardening & a bit of light relief from the problems of this world

Water Butts

Postby tykl » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:15 pm

Just wondered if anyone had ever had a negative outcome to the garden after installing a water butt. For years the garden has been used to water from the down pipe going to the soakaway and all the garden benefitting evenly and then it is being captured in the water butt as encouraged by the 'green party' where it is only being used for specific areas.
tykl

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby despair » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:09 am

I have 10 water butts and would love a huge tank or space for more as with dry sandy soil water just disapears

never ever can i have enough water from all water butts and sure as heck never had a problem with them
despair

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:40 am

In summer our water butts emptied. We just don't have room for enough water butts, I can't see a negative side to them, unless you took issue to cleaning the filter. An irrigation system runs from our water butts and can evenly water our small garden if needs be. We don't have grass so don't know if there would be a difference if watering large areas.

Everyone should be trying to conserve water. We have about 30 container plants, without water butts our water bill would go up a bit I think.
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Return to Gardening