Cleaning decking

For anyone interested in gardening & a bit of light relief from the problems of this world

Re: Cleaning decking

Postby appledore » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:28 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:
appledore wrote: I think spring is on its way, I can feel it in my springs. :lol: This morning we bounced out of bed even though it is raining, and we saw that a few snow drops are popping up in some pots. :D It'll snow now we have mentioned spring. :mrgreen:

I can't spring out of bed as my springs need oiling :lol:

We had a cover of snow when we got up this morning, and it's snowed on and off all day. It's turning to rain now. We have a lot of snowdrops and crocusesses, or is it croci? :)

We have a lot of moss on the patio, between the block paving. The Patio Magic got rid of it last year, but it's back. We've tried all sorts. Any ideas?
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:53 pm

Hi apples. We use a moss killer product, don't recall the name but it works well. The problem is it always comes back, we get it on the drive and have pretty much given up trying to remove it anymore. Between the cracks in the paving...well, I use the magic and just let it come back again the year after. I think any product that kills moss will work until some new super moss grows in its place. :lol: A little moss looks quite nice really. :)

I can't believe you have had snow, we have had quite a bit of sunshine today. I bet you ran outside to make a snowman and couldn't gather enough snow! Then you would have felt all disappointed and made a mossman instead. :lol: :wink:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:17 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:I can't believe you have had snow, we have had quite a bit of sunshine today. I bet you ran outside to make a snowman and couldn't gather enough snow! Then you would have felt all disappointed and made a mossman instead. :lol: :wink:

I'm jealous you've had some sunshine today. It's been a horrible, cold, dull day here today. There's enough moss to make a mossman. :) We'll just have to keep Patio Magicking it. It might give up evenutally ( I don't think). :)
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:33 pm

appledore wrote: There's enough moss to make a mossman. :) We'll just have to keep Patio Magicking it. It might give up evenutally ( I don't think). :)

I think the magic works better each time you use it, so if for several years the magic has been applied, less green and moss will grow back each year. Although I think we'll be dead by the time moss stops growing. :lol: :lol:

We work hard through spring and summer to make the garden look nice, but I simply leave some things that will never be perfect and just sit back and enjoy. I hate really manicured gardens with everything so perfect you dare not tread...its boring. We like to sit outside under the umbrolly of course and have a little fun and BBQ, to me the garden should look nice but not be too perfect that you slave over it.

We were going to get marble paving slabs but I thought it might become an ice rink. :oops: After a couple of lambrini’s I would be on my bottom with a thud. :lol: :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby Mattylad » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:39 pm

I'd better not let my wife wee this thread or she will find me something to do outside.

Our decking is dangerous now with all the moss on it.
Any comments I give here are my own opinions, for legal advise check with a qualified solicitor.
Mattylad

Postby appledore » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:36 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:[I think the magic works better each time you use it, so if for several years the magic has been applied, less green and moss will grow back each year. Although I think we'll be dead by the time moss stops growing. :lol: :lol:

:

We'll keep on with the magic then. If we're dead we'll be pushing up daisies instead of moss. :lol:
I don't like gardens that are too perfect either, they look more like a park than a garden. I can just picture you and hubby sitting under the umbrolly. You're right, marble would be slippy, especially if you've had a few. :lol:

Mattylad. I keep cracking the whip and sending hubby out to stain our new fences. It's cold, but I've told him if he wraps up well he won't come to any harm. :wink:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:28 pm

Eeeeeek it is little me who gets the whip and stains fences, windows, decking, cleans, plants, etc.. I might have to walk the plank if I didn't and the moss would make me slip! :shock:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:26 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:Eeeeeek it is little me who gets the whip and stains fences, windows, decking, cleans, plants, etc.. I might have to walk the plank if I didn't and the moss would make me slip! :shock:

You can come here and help if you want Will. By the way it's snowing again. :)
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:18 am

appledore wrote:You can come here and help if you want Will. By the way it's snowing again. :)

I'll help, but I bet we wouldn't get any work done for laughing. :lol: You must live in Scotland or somewhere very cold apples, shall we make a snow middle finger pointing towards your neighbours instead of working? :mrgreen:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:54 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:[I'll help, but I bet we wouldn't get any work done for laughing. :lol: You must live in Scotland or somewhere very cold apples, shall we make a snow middle finger pointing towards your neighbours instead of working? :mrgreen:

We don't live in Scotland, but you're getting close. :) If you could make our neighbours disappear that would be good. We're having a lot of trouble with them at the moment. :mrgreen: I'm sure we wouldn't get any work done for laughing. :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:02 pm

appledore wrote:We don't live in Scotland, but you're getting close. :) If you could make our neighbours disappear that would be good. We're having a lot of trouble with them at the moment. :mrgreen: I'm sure we wouldn't get any work done for laughing. :lol:

Hi apples. Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your neighbours, if I could make them disappear for you I would. :)

Ahhh bonny Scotland, even to be close is a privilage. :lol: So Newcastle it is then. :wink: :wink:

I bet you live in/near Yorkshireish? :mrgreen:

How would we take any job seriously if we were making each other giggle? :lol: :lol: I think the garden would end up with bushes cut in to strange or rude shapes, flowers would be planted in herb pots and lawn seeds would be eaten in a pie. :lol: :oops:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:10 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:
Ahhh bonny Scotland, even to be close is a privilage. :lol: So Newcastle it is then. :wink: :wink:

I bet you live in/near Yorkshireish? :mrgreen:

How would we take any job seriously if we were making each other giggle? :lol: :lol: I think the garden would end up with bushes cut in to strange or rude shapes, flowers would be planted in herb pots and lawn seeds would be eaten in a pie. :lol: :oops:

No, I'm not a geordie, but you're close with Yorkshireish :lol:

We could star in a children's television programme called The Gigglewicks in the Garden. I'm sure it would be better than Fifi and the Flowertots. I know all the children's TV programmes, but I thought Handy Manny was Bob the Builder. :oops: :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:25 pm

appledore wrote:No, I'm not a geordie, but you're close with Yorkshireish :lol:

We could star in a children's television programme called The Gigglewicks in the Garden. I'm sure it would be better than Fifi and the Flowertots. I know all the children's TV programmes, but I thought Handy Manny was Bob the Builder. :oops: :lol:

I had to look up handy manny, it looks like bob the builder. :lol: I don't know anything about childrens tv, well unless you count the simpsons as childrens tv, then we watch a kids program. :lol: :lol:

If you live near Yorkshire then you are proably in a lovely part of the country. :) We wouldn't mind living in yorkshire or Scotland, just need to win the lotto first. :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby juliet » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:02 pm

Got a lovely clean deck with patio magic. Good stuff.

Just makes the rest look dirty - fences etc so need to go and get more :lol:

I am in Yorkshire - just might be able to see the white glow off the decking Apples from where you are.
juliet

Postby appledore » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:51 pm

Yes, there is a white glow Juliet. I thought it was the aurora borealis. :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

PreviousNext

Return to Gardening