Cleaning decking

For anyone interested in gardening & a bit of light relief from the problems of this world

Re: Cleaning decking

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:28 pm

appledore wrote:The hedgehog poop was a bit on the soft side, probably from eating too much fat from someone's joint :wink: It costs us a fortune too for cat food (we have another little cat coming now, and he's beautiful) and nuts for the birds. It's worth it though :D

It is worth the money, you are quite right. :D

We buy bird food by the sack load. Our garage is full of food for our cat and the wild pets! I bought our cat some treats which he turned his nose up at, so they went out for the hedgehogs. You should have seen our cats face when I chucked them in the garden....ooooh if I let him out then, the little sod would have eaten them just so nothing else could! :lol:

Do you get woodpeckers? We get most garden birds, although never see woodpeckers. We feed sunflower hearts separate from the cheap stuff so we get the pretty birds like goldfinch. We have a robin which is almost friendly enough to hand feed, I just need to work on that once the weather improves and I can sit outside reading a good book and get him used to me. But he does come over and sit beside you, I just hope the cat doesn't turn up and scare him away if I get him to feed from my hand. :|

They do provide such joy birds do, I never tire of watching them. :)
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby appledore » Tue May 01, 2012 6:30 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:[Do you get woodpeckers? We get most garden birds, although never see woodpeckers. We feed sunflower hearts separate from the cheap stuff so we get the pretty birds like goldfinch. We have a robin which is almost friendly enough to hand feed, I just need to work on that once the weather improves and I can sit outside reading a good book and get him used to me. But he does come over and sit beside you, I just hope the cat doesn't turn up and scare him away if I get him to feed from my hand. :|

They do provide such joy birds do, I never tire of watching them. :)

Hi Will. Yes we get woodpeckers, they hang on the peanut pecker. The other birds keep their distance if there's a woodpecker about. The size of their beak could have something to do with it. :lol: I've often tried to take a pic, but they're very nervous, you just have to move and they're off.

The cat we feed the most doesn't like the biscuits we sprinkle on the top of his food. He eats the tinned yuk and manages to leave the biscuits, but the robins eat them. They're very tame. I was repotting a plant one day and a robin was sitting on the edge of the pot. :)

I never tire of watching the birds either. They're all different. The blackbirds like to hide under a bush while they eat, but the sparrows will eat out in the open. If we have some wrinkly old apples I throw them on the lawn and the blackbirds eat them. They like them to be whole though, if I cut the apples up they don't eat them. :)
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Tue May 01, 2012 6:51 pm

appledore wrote:I never tire of watching the birds either. They're all different. The blackbirds like to hide under a bush while they eat, but the sparrows will eat out in the open. If we have some wrinkly old apples I throw them on the lawn and the blackbirds eat them. They like them to be whole though, if I cut the apples up they don't eat them. :)

Hi apples. :)

I never thought of putting an apple out, I chuck mixed dried fruit out and the blackbirds go mad for that. I'll do that next time we have an old apple left in the bowl.

You can get feeders which hols an apple, I should get one of those.

Funny you say the cat doesn't eat the biscuits, our cat used to do the same. He just eats dried food now because it is better for his teeth. But now and again I treat him to what I call a maccy D, which is stinky wet food! :lol:

Speaking of the spoilt cat, I give him treats everyday he is good, which is everyday. And I have taught him to say 'where'. I swear he does say where. :lol: I kept saying to him "where are your treaties..where are they?" "where?" And he made his usual gurgle sound and at the end of the gurgle he said "where". :mrgreen:

Yeah I know, I'm potty. :oops:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Wed May 02, 2012 6:14 pm

Hi Will. I wouldn't fancy a maccy D. :lol: Cat food stinks. I don't like the smell of the biscuits either. Still, the cats enjoy both so that's the main thing.

One of our cats used to say hello, more like helloah. It sounded a bit Hawaiian, as if he should have been wearing a grass skirt. :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Wed May 02, 2012 8:08 pm

appledore wrote:Hi Will. I wouldn't fancy a maccy D. :lol: Cat food stinks. I don't like the smell of the biscuits either. Still, the cats enjoy both so that's the main thing.

One of our cats used to say hello, more like helloah. It sounded a bit Hawaiian, as if he should have been wearing a grass skirt. :lol:

I wouldn't fancy a maccy D either, stinky fishy ew! :lol: I gave the hedgehog a maccy D last night, I think even he thought it was gross. The noises he made when chomping on it were disturbing. :shock:

http://www.herbytoys.com/images/hula-cat.gif I just couldn't help myself. :mrgreen: helloah helloah meoooow :wink:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Thu May 03, 2012 6:47 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:

http://www.herbytoys.com/images/hula-cat.gif I just couldn't help myself. :mrgreen: helloah helloah meoooow :wink:

What a mover. :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Thu May 03, 2012 7:04 pm

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m02ci ... o1_500.jpg

I put bread out for the birds today and look what the mega beast did! :oops: :mrgreen:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Thu May 03, 2012 7:12 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m02ci1AQBt1roe4b7o1_500.jpg

I put bread out for the birds today and look what the mega beast did! :oops: :mrgreen:

Crumbs. :wink:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby FrTed » Thu May 03, 2012 9:20 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:[We buy bird food by the sack load. Our garage is full of food for our cat and the wild pets! I

Save money.
Buy bird food and let the cats sort themselves out with the veritable feast that will be provided for them.
Honestly, I dont know why cat food manufacturers bother with Duck and Apple cat food, just make "dead mouse with green wobly bit" or "Dead blackbird with feathers" cat food, they will be onto a winner.
"No Dougal, these cows are SMALL, those cows are FAR AWAY"
FrTed

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Fri May 04, 2012 9:11 am

FrTed wrote:Save money.
Buy bird food and let the cats sort themselves out with the veritable feast that will be provided for them.
Honestly, I dont know why cat food manufacturers bother with Duck and Apple cat food, just make "dead mouse with green wobly bit" or "Dead blackbird with feathers" cat food, they will be onto a winner.

The headhunter is drooling at your serving suggestion. :mrgreen: I also suggested shrunken vole heads in a treaty bag, and he is now doing a dance. :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Fri May 04, 2012 6:13 pm

FrTed wrote:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:[Honestly, I dont know why cat food manufacturers bother with Duck and Apple cat food, just make "dead mouse with green wobly bit" or "Dead blackbird with feathers" cat food, they will be onto a winner.

I don't know they bother with the fancy names either. All cat food smells horrible, I think it's all the same and they just put a different label on the tins. They must think the cats can read ..... oh, I think I fancy eye ball stew with chewed mouse tail for a change. :)
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Fri May 04, 2012 9:42 pm

appledore wrote:They must think the cats can read ..... oh, I think I fancy eye ball stew with chewed mouse tail for a change. :)

Apparently Iams cats can't read... http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpre ... itself.jpg I think they should add a little brain then....mmmmm....starling brains with wood pigeon bottoms! :lol: :oops:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Sat May 05, 2012 6:10 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:Apparently Iams cats can't read... http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpre ... itself.jpg I think they should add a little brain then....mmmmm....starling brains with wood pigeon bottoms! :lol: :oops:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

If you could get enough mouse tails and some chewed rabbit heads it would make a good spag bol for cats. :D
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Sat May 05, 2012 8:11 pm

appledore wrote:If you could get enough mouse tails and some chewed rabbit heads it would make a good spag bol for cats. :D

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_GiSIDlDTlLU/T ... ti+cat.jpg Tiny kittens as dumlings would be nice too Mr. Cat says! He is grumpy because there is a new kitty in town and it is so cute, it comes and shares hedgehog food at the moment. :)
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Sun May 06, 2012 6:35 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:[http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_GiSIDlDTlLU/TUwT5fps3HI/AAAAAAAAAjQ/h5MAcohwdPU/s1600/vintage+spaghetti+cat.jpg Tiny kittens as dumlings would be nice too Mr. Cat says! He is grumpy because there is a new kitty in town and it is so cute, it comes and shares hedgehog food at the moment. :)

Poor Mr. Puss. Cats do get jealous don't they? A little kitten once turned up on our doorstep, he was gorgeous so we put some food on a saucer for him, and our cat pushed it all onto the floor. :shock:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

PreviousNext

Return to Gardening