Snowdrops what to plant?

For anyone interested in gardening & a bit of light relief from the problems of this world

Snowdrops what to plant?

Postby gardenlaw » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:34 am

Am I best planting dried bulbs or ones in the "green" with leaves? Or growing them in pots and then planting out? Do they selfseed?
gardenlaw
Site Admin

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: Snowdrops what to plant?

Postby appledore » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:36 pm

Hi. Snowdrops are best planted 'in the green'. They self seed and multiply by bulb division.
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:52 am

I have read that it is better to plant them in the green, we planted bulbs and have a rather poor show at the moment. Next year might be better. We planted lillies one year and had three, now we have dozens, they are as randy as rabbits. :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:41 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote: they are as randy as rabbits. :lol:

They won't eat your other plants like rabbits do. :roll: We always plant small daffodils in pots and hanging baskets, but this is the second year they haven't come. Not even a leaf. :(
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:44 am

appledore wrote:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote: they are as randy as rabbits. :lol:

They won't eat your other plants like rabbits do. :roll: We always plant small daffodils in pots and hanging baskets, but this is the second year they haven't come. Not even a leaf. :(

I remember you saying your wild bunnies eat your flowers, I was going to suggest feeding the rabbits but they'll probably still do it.

The other day you asked about moss killer, I haven't found any in the garage but I have found piles of moss on the floor which the birds have pecked off the roof, now they are working for their food! :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:37 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:[The other day you asked about moss killer, I haven't found any in the garage but I have found piles of moss on the floor which the birds have pecked off the roof, now they are working for their food! :lol:

The birds are 'at it' here too. (pecking moss off the roof that is). What a mess. I was cursing them today, but maybe I could train them to dig out the moss from the cracks on the patio. :) As you say, they could work for their food.
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:18 pm

appledore wrote:The birds are 'at it' here too. (pecking moss off the roof that is). What a mess. I was cursing them today, but maybe I could train them to dig out the moss from the cracks on the patio. :) As you say, they could work for their food.

:lol: It could work! Just stuff their food in the cracks and they will dig up the moss at the same time as they dig up their food. :)

I would like to train birds to do my ironing. I'm going to start with a pelican as they have big beaks which could hold the iron, then a team of sparrows to hold the clothes up and in place. A swan to steady the ironing board, and a gull to stomp on the plug to make the iron work. Maybe some blue tits can fold the clothes neatly and put them away...oh sh1t! I realise the fatal flaw in all this. :lol: :oops:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:48 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:[I would like to train birds to do my ironing. I'm going to start with a pelican as they have big beaks which could hold the iron, then a team of sparrows to hold the clothes up and in place. A swan to steady the ironing board, and a gull to stomp on the plug to make the iron work. Maybe some blue tits can fold the clothes neatly and put them away...oh sh1t! I realise the fatal flaw in all this. :lol: :oops:

That's a good idea Will. I quail when I see a big pile of ironing. I'd have a crane to lift the clothes out of the basket, and a robin for the starch. When I'd finished the ironing I'd have a swallow so I could have a cup of tea. :lol: :oops:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:33 am

appledore wrote:That's a good idea Will. I quail when I see a big pile of ironing. I'd have a crane to lift the clothes out of the basket, and a robin for the starch. When I'd finished the ironing I'd have a swallow so I could have a cup of tea. :lol: :oops:

:lol:

I'll just get my cat to do all the ironing. Image :wink:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:12 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:[I'll just get my cat to do all the ironing. Image :wink:

She's taking it very seriously isn't she? I'm saying she as not very many males do the ironing. Send her round when she's finished and she can do mine. :)
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Return to Gardening