Where can I find these?

For anyone interested in gardening & a bit of light relief from the problems of this world

Where can I find these?

Postby juliet » Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:48 pm

Long shot but I don't suppose anyone has ever seen something like these in the UK? Been looking a while now and can only seem to find them overseas

http://alassas.com/products4.htm
juliet

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: Where can I find these?

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:32 pm

juliet wrote:Long shot but I don't suppose anyone has ever seen something like these in the UK? Been looking a while now and can only seem to find them overseas

http://alassas.com/products4.htm

http://www.priceninja.com/pots-window-b ... standard=2

Is there anything similar on the above site? I have never seen these before. I have seen planters made from bricks and blocks, these seem like a great idea as they are very decorative and come in different colours. Perhaps a large paving company would know of these?
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby juliet » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:35 pm

Thanks Will...I will have a look. I have seen them when abroad - they seem very common. Well mainly half moon shapes that slot together in a long row as a border. They would sell well over here I would imagine. I just need something low that will sit on soil to stop neighbour driving across my shrub bed and still look good. It is neighbours favourite occupation. And yes I have thought about nails in a plank :twisted: but I have pets....
juliet

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:33 pm

juliet wrote:I just need something low that will sit on soil to stop neighbour driving across my shrub bed and still look good. It is neighbours favourite occupation. And yes I have thought about nails in a plank :twisted: but I have pets....

I won't think up any more ideas then. :P http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0CSw41l ... re=related Oh bollards...I did! :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:52 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:I won't think up any more ideas then. :P http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0CSw41l ... re=related Oh bollards...I did! :lol:

We could have done with those on our drive to stop our neighbours using it as a shunting yard when they didn't have enough space on their drive. We've got a gate now and stopped their fun. :evil:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:48 pm

appledore wrote:We could have done with those on our drive to stop our neighbours using it as a shunting yard when they didn't have enough space on their drive. We've got a gate now and stopped their fun. :evil:

I wonder if those bollards are legal on residential property? They could cause mayhem on shared drives.

I hope you electrified your gate so your neighbour gets a shock. :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby juliet » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:12 pm

Now strangely......I had seen that clip before and had thought about it.

We had one in nearby Durham as well that kept catching people out and they removed it a couple of weeks ago and I was tempted to phone up and ask if I could buy it :lol:
juliet

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:55 pm

juliet wrote:Now strangely......I had seen that clip before and had thought about it.

We had one in nearby Durham as well that kept catching people out and they removed it a couple of weeks ago and I was tempted to phone up and ask if I could buy it :lol:

:lol: I just crack up at those videos, you would get hours of pleasure watching footage of it happening to your neighbour wouldn't you? I don't know if it would improve neighbour relations, but you would laugh every time the picture entered your head...BOOM!!!! The face going... :shock: OOOOH :lol: :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby arborlad » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:27 pm

juliet wrote: I just need something low that will sit on soil ....

Hollow concrete blocks, California screen blocks?.......there's a wide variety of things that are hollow down at your local builders merchant, the trick is to not think what they are, but what they could be. Might look a bit stark to start with but can easily be painted and something like aubretia will soon cover them, you've missed the bedding season this year, but next year, some trailing alyssum or lobelia.
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Postby appledore » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:58 pm

juliet wrote:Now strangely......I had seen that clip before and had thought about it.

I thought about it too Juliet. We could have bid against each other. :lol: :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby juliet » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:13 pm

We coul dhave took turns Apples... :lol:

Thanks for that Arborlad. I will have a look for those :)
juliet

Postby gardenlaw » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:47 am

gardenlaw
Site Admin

Postby juliet » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:20 pm

In a garden centre in Whitby I found some boulders that had 'plant holes' drilled in them. I bought half a dozen, laid them on the ground and filled the holes with alpines. Worked a treat so far and no cars have been over the bed but when dry need a bit of watering, and that is the only snag.
juliet

Postby arborlad » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:46 pm

juliet wrote:I found some boulders that had 'plant holes' drilled in them. .

Presumably there will be at least one smaller hole that goes all the way through to act as drainage, the roots should eventually find it and start to be self-sufficient. A lot depends on your area on how much water they will need to get established, but I was out yesterday with a bowser to water some winter pansies!!
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Postby juliet » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:02 pm

No - they have only drilled a plant hole and it doesn't go all the way through. The boulders are standstone and so I think that when the stone is dry, the plants are dry and when wet, plants are wet. Would have been better mind to have a hole all the way through but I never thought of that at the time! I have mainly used succulents but they still need watering.
juliet

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Next

Return to Gardening