Are you seeing Autumn colour yet?

For anyone interested in gardening & a bit of light relief from the problems of this world

Are you seeing Autumn colour yet?

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:16 pm

After this 'not so summer' August weather, I have seen the start of autumn colour on trees. It looks like summer has come to an end almost, unless a sudden change occurs. But the trees say it is autumn. :D
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: Are you seeing Autumn colour yet?

Postby appledore » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:26 pm

Hi Will. Yes, the trees are changing colour here. :) The berries on the Rowans were red very early this year too. I love Autumn, my favourite time of year. It'll soon be out with the geraniums and in with the pansies, our hanging basket is looking a bit worse for wear, but I'll talk to it and see if it perks up a bit. :) You like Autumn too don't you Will? :)
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby Mojisola » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:26 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:After this 'not so summer' August weather, I have seen the start of autumn colour on trees. It looks like summer has come to an end almost, unless a sudden change occurs. But the trees say it is autumn. :D

Definitely happening round our way. Isn't it because of the dry season? The shallow-rooted trees like birches have the most colour here.
Mojisola

Postby appledore » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:37 pm

Mojisola wrote:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:Definitely happening round our way. Isn't it because of the dry season? The shallow-rooted trees like birches have the most colour here.

We haven't had a dry season here. We all have webbed feet. :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:14 pm

I love autumn, the best time of year, 1" behind spring. :lol:

We have had a lot of rain too, I think it is a combination of very dry weather, then very wet. The temperature has been quite low this month. We have the heating on at the moment, which is weird, seeing as we are not quite yet in September.
I saw a horse chestnut tree all red in colour coming home today, I got all excited and could just see Santa on his way.

I can see Christmas coming, it is whispering in my ear... "buy more lights will" ... "look for more baubles Will" ..."no you haven't got enough tinsel yet Will" "go buy more decs now Will" Honestly, Christmas is getting very demanding. :mrgreen:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:25 pm

We have the heating on too., and it's getting round to wool jumpers too. I much prefer winter clothes to summer ones., and it means that most people are covered up too. No more vests and sweaty armpits. Yuk! Of course you still see some people out in shorts in the middle of winter. The sun's shining, so it must be warm. :roll:

Santa will be getting ready now. He'll be down the Job Centre getting his little helpers, there's lots of presents to wrap. :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:28 pm

appledore wrote:Santa will be getting ready now. He'll be down the Job Centre getting his little helpers, there's lots of presents to wrap. :lol:

:lol: :lol: Sooo funny, loads of people without presents then this year...it sounds like work wrapping gifts. :mrgreen:

http://www.xmasclock.com/ I'm making a list, I'm checking it twice. I am very naughty but nice, so I will get loads of prezzies! :lol: :oops:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby Mojisola » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:46 pm

appledore wrote: We haven't had a dry season here. We all have webbed feet. :lol:

Don't knock it! We're desperate for some rain.
Mojisola

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:03 pm

I have loved all the rainfall. We have full to over flowing water butts. Our garden has thrived, less watering on days when it is raining. I find that most Augusts are rainy, but usually hotter. No finding it hard to sleep in muggy weather...ahhhh....lovely! :)

Soon we will have a BBQ and use our patio heater, umbrolly over the BBQ so the bangers don't get wet...we love british weather. :mrgreen:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby despair » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:19 pm

Thats the great UK divide

The North has been deluged with rain while the South and Norfolk direction have been parched dry

Drought stress means i have lost several specimin trees and no amount of watering or piling in compost resolves the issue we need rain and more rain
despair

Postby appledore » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:36 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:. No finding it hard to sleep in muggy weather...ahhhh....lovely! :)

:

You can still have hot, steamy nights in the middle of winter. (if you're lucky). :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby appledore » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:38 pm

despair wrote:Drought stress means i have lost several specimin trees and no amount of watering or piling in compost resolves the issue we need rain and more rain

Despair, if I could find a hosepipe that's long enough I'd send you some water. :)
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:04 am

appledore wrote:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:. No finding it hard to sleep in muggy weather...ahhhh....lovely! :)

:

You can still have hot, steamy nights in the middle of winter. (if you're lucky). :lol:

It is essential, how else do you keep warm? :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:28 am

appledore wrote:
despair wrote:Drought stress means i have lost several specimin trees and no amount of watering or piling in compost resolves the issue we need rain and more rain

Despair, if I could find a hosepipe that's long enough I'd send you some water. :)

I'll send despair some water too, we could send it down the line. :!: apples, you get the cakes I send you this way don't you? http://cakepicturegallery.com/d/30114-1 ... e+bath.JPG I'll send a water-cake, that has got to work. :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:25 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:[I'll send despair some water too, we could send it down the line. :!: apples, you get the cakes I send you this way don't you? http://cakepicturegallery.com/d/30114-1 ... e+bath.JPG I'll send a water-cake, that has got to work. :lol:

Yes Will, I get the cakes you send, and very nice they are too. :D That's a lovely water cake, I'm sure that'll help a lot. :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Next

Return to Gardening