Toadstools

For anyone interested in gardening & a bit of light relief from the problems of this world

Toadstools

Postby appledore » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:21 pm

Does anyone know what sort of toadstools these are? The pink is brighter than it looks on the photo.
Thanks.
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: Toadstools

Postby katee » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:08 pm

Have a look on here. :D

http://www.rogersmushrooms.com/

I'm too busy looking for a four leaf clover :lol:

Proper job my bewties................................................. Cheers 'n' gone!
katee

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:23 am

appledore wrote:Image

Does anyone know what sort of toadstools these are? The pink is brighter than it looks on the photo.
Thanks.

They are pansy heads, the bunny came and ate the rest, but left these as a gift for you. :oops:

They are very pretty, perhpas they could be put on a cake and presented to your neighbour. :lol: As long as they are full of poison that is. :wink:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:34 am

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:13 pm

katee wrote:Have a look on here. :D

http://www.rogersmushrooms.com/

I'm too busy looking for a four leaf clover :lol:

Katee, if you find a four leaf clover do an X marks the spot and I'll go and pick it. :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby appledore » Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:16 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:
appledore wrote:Image

Thanks.

They are pansy heads, the bunny came and ate the rest, but left these as a gift for you. :oops:

They are very pretty, perhpas they could be put on a cake and presented to your neighbour. :lol: As long as they are full of poison that is. :wink:

The only picture I can find that looks anything like this mushroom/toadstool says unidentified mushroom, so I'm no wiser.
I thought they were flower heads when I first saw them. Good idea about the cake. It would be a waste of a good cake though. :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:12 pm

appledore wrote:The only picture I can find that looks anything like this mushroom/toadstool says unidentified mushroom, so I'm no wiser.
I thought they were flower heads when I first saw them. Good idea about the cake. It would be a waste of a good cake though. :lol:

I can't find out what they are either, I think you might have something very special growing in your garden. Either that or very posh toad poop after they have eaten all the pink smarties. :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:22 pm

I'm sure you're right Will, and it's a very special toadstool. It'll just be a heap of mush now with all the rain, the garden's like a jungle. Our first lot of bedding plants died as they were waterlogged, so we planted some more. They don't look much better. The hanging basket looked a mess, so we went to our local garden centre this afternoon for some more plants, and they were practically giving them away. I like it cool, I just wish the sun would shine. 8)
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:11 am

appledore wrote:I'm sure you're right Will, and it's a very special toadstool. It'll just be a heap of mush now with all the rain, the garden's like a jungle. Our first lot of bedding plants died as they were waterlogged, so we planted some more. They don't look much better. The hanging basket looked a mess, so we went to our local garden centre this afternoon for some more plants, and they were practically giving them away. I like it cool, I just wish the sun would shine. 8)

Our local garden centres practiacally rob you blind for everything. :shock: I'll have another look now we've had more rain. We want some more flowers to replace our pansies which have kept going, but look wilty now.

All this rain has meant our garden's plants and trees have boomed into action, it is lovely. :D Whilst I really like rain, I get fed up with having overflowing water butts, and not being able to gather up more of this precious substance for our next drought...we know that is coming! The weather is quite severe, it is either flood or drought. :lol:

We wouldn't mind a bit more sun too, the bbq has not been used nearly enough. I could smell someone else’s bbq the other day, oooh it made me want one. But the poor buggers must have got drenched not much after lighting it. :( Although they might have had an umbrolly. :wink:

We have been lucky on our breaks as we have had some really good weather days, even barbequed whilst away. Our last break we had a wonderful couple of days looking around gardens and woodland, just dreamy warm. I absolutely hate it too hot! Give me rain instead....oh, looks like I got my wish! :lol:

I don’t know whether you have had this in your garden? But we have had one insect infestation after another, more than ever this year. I don’t like to kill anything, but it gets to the point you have to, or lose things to being completely eaten. :o
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:55 pm

Hi Will. Everything is growing well, the Acers on the patio look lovely, they tend to get scorched when it's very hot. The shrubs beside the paths are growing so fast we're having to walk round sideways. :lol: I think pansies are the best plants for hanging baskets and pots, they're such hardy little souls. We'd have been better leaving our winter pansies instead of replacing them with petunias. They look all straggly, and the geraniums are still alive, but they're not growing. We might get a flower, if we're lucky, when it's time to pull them out ready for the winter pansies.

We had a bit of a flood last week in the back garden. The birds enjoyed it. They seem to like to splash around in dirty water, they prefer dirty water to the clean water in the birdbath. A bit like cats really. :lol: Give them clean water, and they'll drink from a dirty puddle. :roll:

I'd rather have rain than it be too hot, I hate to be hot. I haven't seen many insects in the garden, they've probably drowned. We've had lots of little moths in the house. Hubby must have had his wallet open. :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:59 pm

Hi apples. We bought an acer, and it has done really well. Yours are very lovely, I remember them from the photo you put on here.

We visited a house recently which had acers in the front garden, oh they were beautiful! We also saw a lot in a garden we visited, which had an amazing variety of trees, we were surprised by how big they can grow.

:lol: Your hubby has opened his wallet! I would tell him that the moths chewed through his notes and the new handbag with matching shoes followed you home. :lol:

I got attacked by caterpillars today, it was very scary. One minute they weren't there, then they all leapt from the leaves! Not literally off the leaves, but it looked like medusas head came at me. :lol:

I'm not that scared of insects as a rule, but funny how you see them differently when they are in mass! :shock: I know you too are sacred of spiders, do you like most other creepy crawlies? Not including your creepy neighbour of course. :wink:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:42 pm

Hi Will. I'm pleased you've bought an Acer, and it's doing well. Is it in a pot or have you planted it in the garden?
They can grow big, but I give ours a haircut every year to keep them in shape. They're the most glorious colour in the autumn, just before the leaves drop off. :lol: We have one in a pot beside the drive and the sun shines through it, it looks like it's on fire.

I bought a new handbag last week, and another one this week. :oops: I'm going to need a bigger cupboard. :lol:

I don't like creepy crawlies, and I agree they do look sinister when there's a herd of them. :)
We have a lot of wood lice, but they don't bother me. Our neighbour isn't really a creepy crawlie, he's a worm, he just slithers about. :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:56 pm

Our acer is in a pot, but growing rapidly, we will re-pot next year.

If you keep buying handbags, you won't find enough moths to blame for your hubbies wallet being light! :wink:
I'm not a handbag kind of gal, I wear combats and use a utility pouch. It has a multi tool and a lip stick and a credit card...what more could I need? :lol: :lol:

Ahhh your neighbour is a worm... http://www.wormman.com/prod_images_larg ... orms11.jpg Don't keep chopping him in half, he will multiply and look like turd soup. :mrgreen:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:47 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:I'm not a handbag kind of gal, I wear combats and use a utility pouch. It has a multi tool and a lip stick and a credit card...what more could I need? :lol: :lol:

:

A machine gun and a couple of grenades. :lol: A gal can't have too many handbags Will. You don't like them, so I'm buying your share too. :wink:

Our acers have been in the same pots for years. A quick trim and a handful of Growmore every year and they're happy. :)

Our neighbour is already like turd soup. :mrgreen:

It hasn't rained today. yippeee
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:23 pm

appledore wrote:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:I'm not a handbag kind of gal, I wear combats and use a utility pouch. It has a multi tool and a lip stick and a credit card...what more could I need? :lol: :lol:

:

A machine gun and a couple of grenades. :lol: A gal can't have too many handbags Will. You don't like them, so I'm buying your share too. :wink:

Our acers have been in the same pots for years. A quick trim and a handful of Growmore every year and they're happy. :)

Our neighbour is already like turd soup. :mrgreen:

It hasn't rained today. yippeee

Teehee a machine gun would be nice, do they do them in miniature? :lol:

It is funny how acers really love pots, they are a fantastic addition to any garden, big or small.

If your neighbour is turd soup, buy him a toilet for xmas and tell him to go flush himself. :mrgreen:

It rained most of the day here, saved me watering for another day. The cat wasn't impressed though! He came in with a face like thunder, it took 12 treats to put the smile back...greedy boy! :lol:

Hope it stays nice for you all weekend apples, have a good one. :D
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Next

Return to Gardening