Frogs are loving all this rain!

For anyone interested in gardening & a bit of light relief from the problems of this world

Frogs are loving all this rain!

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:51 pm

We have families of frogs living under and behind planters in the garden. It is a job not to tread on the little ones. We have never seen so many as this year, it is like a sea of boggly eyes under one planter.

I tried to photograph one little frog, but it was so tiny I couldn't focus on it.

Has anyone else seen a lot of frogs? We even have them living inside planters, can they climb? Or do they just hop in?
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: Frogs are loving all this rain!

Postby appledore » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:07 pm

Hi Will. I haven't seen any frogs this year. When we had our pond it was full of frogspawn one year. It looked like a bowl of sago. :lol: We didn't see any little frogs, they either didn't survive or left home.

I've googled and it says that frogs can climb, especially if there's a smooth surface. They use the skin on their chests for suction. That'll explain why some women have chest enhancements, so they can climb up plantpots. :lol:

What a pity you couldn't get a photo I'd have loved to have seen the baby frogs.
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Re: Frogs are loving all this rain!

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:00 pm

appledore wrote:Hi Will. I haven't seen any frogs this year. When we had our pond it was full of frogspawn one year. It looked like a bowl of sago. :lol: We didn't see any little frogs, they either didn't survive or left home.

I've googled and it says that frogs can climb, especially if there's a smooth surface. They use the skin on their chests for suction. That'll explain why some women have chest enhancements, so they can climb up plantpots. :lol:

What a pity you couldn't get a photo I'd have loved to have seen the baby frogs.

Frogspawn in a pond, I hope you weren't gazing for too long at the water...you would go cross eyed :wink:

Goodness, I didn't know that. These planters are quite high, but not smooth. Froggy must have had giant knockers to have climbed this pot, the type that swing over the shoulder. :lol: :lol:

I will try and get a photo if I can, you just don't know where to tread. This frog was soooo tiny, I just couldn't believe how cute it was. I moved it to underneath a planter, a few days later we saw big ones...not knockers...frogs! I hope they do alright where they are. :)

Anyway, so that is why some women have chest enhancements? Soon it'll be on the news: 'Big breasted women climbing pots!' and an influx of men purchasing the biggest pots they can find! :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Return to Gardening