Acers losing their leaves.

For anyone interested in gardening & a bit of light relief from the problems of this world

Re: Acers losing their leaves.

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:45 pm

Our hedgehog visitor has a back scratcher, it is a new young cat in the area. This silly cat has lunged at it several times, although by now it might have learned a hard lesson. :lol:

You'll have to spread the food around so the hungry cat has to share. We put a bowl out of our cats uneaten food and other cats get it very quickly. So I scatter food for the hedgehog, or he goes hungry. I sometimes throw nuts out, cats go hungry then.

We viewed a house which backed on to woodland, and the owners said they get deer in the garden. Oh my goodness, I feed everything as it is and it costs a small fortune. Imagine if we added deer to the free loading menagerie? :lol:

Do you still see the fox? At the moment our cat is on frog watch, he knows there are frogs under the planters and he just sits there waiting, I hope he doesn't bring a squidged one home. :x
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby appledore » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:07 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:We viewed a house which backed on to woodland, and the owners said they get deer in the garden. Oh my goodness, I feed everything as it is and it costs a small fortune. Imagine if we added deer to the free loading menagerie? :lol:

I don't think I'd want deer in the garden. As you say it costs enough now to feed all the visiting animals.

I can remember one of our cats playing with a frog, he kept poking it and when the frog jumped one way he jumped the other. It was hilarious. :D Our son's cat brings live frogs into the house.

We haven't seen a fox for a long time. We've dog proofed the garden, and I don't think the foxes can get in either.
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:32 pm

appledore wrote:I don't think I'd want deer in the garden. As you say it costs enough now to feed all the visiting animals.

:mrgreen: I think I would love it really, even if they ate all the flowers, it would be like having a little piece of Center Parcs at home. :D :D

Today I bough a pair of PJ's with deer’s all over them, that will have to do! :lol:

Well, I almost took our visiting hedgehog to the vet the other day because he was scratching so much. But the vet on the phone said not to worry. I'll just keep stuffing him until he hibernates now. Sweet yesterday because he was sat next to our cat outside the patio door. :) Usually our cat attacks anything that moves on his territory, but he must have learned the hard way...you don't mess with the Hog! :mrgreen:

The shops are full of Christmas stuff...hubby will have to tie me down to keep me from the Christmas decs in the loft. :D I have set a countdown to D day, and I can't wait. :oops:

Do you buy any new decs each year for crimbo?
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:28 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:[ :mrgreen: I think I would love it really, even if they ate all the flowers, it would be like having a little piece of Center Parcs at home. :D :D

Knowing you Will you'd have the deer inside the house. I can just picture them sitting on the sofa with their legs crossed, watching the TV and eating a sausage roll. :lol:

I think hedgehogs have lots of fleas, but I think they stay on the hedgehog and don't attack anything else.

We don't buy new decs every year. Do you? We bought a new tree for indoors last year and some new lights, and we usually buy new lights for the tree in the garden every year as they only last for one year. We had some really bright ones one year, it was like the laser light show. We lit up the street. :lol: Apart from that the same things come out every year, but we don't have a lot of decorations.

We've been tidying up a bit in the garden this afternoon, it's been lovely and sunny. Did you get some pansies?
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:31 pm

Teeheeeeeeeeee I would let the deer in and let it eat us out of house and home, I'm a sap when it comes to animals. :P

I bought a light up decoration for the car today. I buy something new each year, but I have to be careful (hubs words) because it already takes us ages to put all the decs up. :lol:

We also put lights on a tree outside, it looks so lovely. Just white lights, although they do flash. I tend to run out and put them on a better setting which isn't too disco.

Our hedgehog has been and gone, still scratching, but ok. :) I did a lot of reading up on hedgehogs the other day, so not too worried about him at the moment. I brought one in once because it was all cold and not moving much, I warmed it up and fed it and he seemed fine, so I let him out again. The noises he made eating were very funny, more pig like than hedgehog. :mrgreen:

I threatened to put our cats food out for the hedgehog tonight because he didn't want it...after asking for it very loudly! I said 'say goodbye to your food, hedgy will be thankful you didn't want it!' His head rushed in the bowl before I could pick it up, and he finished the lot. I swear that cat speaks English! :shock:

I haven't bought any pansies yet, I will do soon, as the flowers in the baskets are almost done. So instead of putting the baskets away this year for winter, I'll plant them again and see how they go. :)

It looks like tomorrow will be a lovely day again like today, I must do something with our little patch tomorrow. The rain will be back soon and I'll forget we have a garden again for a while. Hope you get lots done too and enjoy the good weather. 8)
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:33 pm

Hedgehogs do make a funny noise when they eat, all snuffly and grunty. Like Mr. Apples when he's eating a sticky bun. :lol:

The tree we used to put lights on in the front garden got too big so we had to chop it down, so we've had to wait a couple of years for another one to grow tall enough for Christmas lights. It should be ok this year. I keep peeking round the curtains to see what the lights look like. :lol: Maybe I should go and sit in the garden.

You have a very intelligent cat. You could tell him if he doesn't eat his grub you'll send it to starving cats in Acrifa (my cousin always said Acrifa instead of Africa when he was little and it's stuck. A bit like umbrolly). :lol:

It's been lovely here today. We were going to go shopping on Tuesday but they're forecasting thick fog for us so we'll wait and see. We can always go another day.
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:19 pm

appledore wrote: We were going to go shopping on Tuesday but they're forecasting thick fog for us so we'll wait and see.

Don't forget your foggles if you go fopping...I mean shopping. :oops:

http://image.funscrape.com/images/f/fog ... -13418.jpg I don't want you two doing this.

http://static.flickr.com/95/248021196_e850c48bfd_m.jpg So I'm sending you this.

The balloons are just to make the wrapping look cute. :mrgreen:

It is getting frosty in a few days, I love walking in cold weather. Do you and Mr. Apples like going for walks?
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:15 pm

Hi Will. We'll decide whether to go Christmas shopping in the morning. It might be a bright. sunny day, but I don't think so. It's been foggy, drizzly and cold today. :(

We both like crisp, frosty days. We like to get wrapped up warm and go for a walk. :)
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:41 pm

Hi apples. Hope you had a nice day for Christmas shopping.

The weather has been nice here, a tiny bit of drizzle, but quite bright and warm really. I had a nice walk today, no shopping though. We have loads of xmas shopping to do yet, can't wait to see the tree up and presents underneath. :D

We'll probably do some more shopping this weekend, I might even do some on my own later in the week too. Starting early does help, I even write out cards early and stamp them ready to send. I'm way too orderly sometimes! :oops:

I wonder if it will snow this year? I always hope it will snow Christmas eve as it is just getting dark, it is all so magical isn't it! :)
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:05 pm

Hi Will. Thick fog and drizzle here today, even the foggles didn't help so we stayed at home. I've done some Christmas shopping on line. That's the easy way, just sit back and wait for it to be delivered (and hope they've sent the right stuff) :lol: It's supposed to be misty tomorrow, really miserable weather. You're lucky if you've seen some brightness.

I haven't got the Christmas cards yet, but I'm not doing too badly really. I don't like snow at Christmas , it looks pretty., but we have to travel to see our family, or they have to travel to see us and it would be awful if we got stuck.

I'm too organised sometimes. I'll meet myself coming back one of these days. :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:01 pm

Hi apples. I'm glad to hear you like internet shopping too, I do a lot of shopping over the internet. We are forever receiving packages in the mail. Today I went into town to do some Christmas shopping, and I ended up with 3 presents for hubby. So I'm doing well, I also got a lovely card for him too. :)

When he gets home and sees the pile of presents is growing, he'll say 'No more hubby presents!' :lol: And that will make me buy more! :mrgreen:

I don't really want it to snow too much either, we always travel at Christmas and one year we got really stuck! Took 4 of us to dig our car out of the snow. :o

Do you buy much from eBay? I buy and sell on there and have always found good bargains and what I’m looking for. Although eBay have gotten very greedy with their fees, you don’t make an awful lot, but I enjoy it.
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:49 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:Do you buy much from eBay? I buy and sell on there and have always found good bargains and what I’m looking for. Although eBay have gotten very greedy with their fees, you don’t make an awful lot, but I enjoy it.

Hi Will, yes I buy and sell on ebay too. I'm not running a business I just collect various things and buy things I take a fancy to, and sell things I've got a bit sick of. I make a bit of a profit sometimes, but I've had problems lately with non payers.
It really annoys me. Why do they bid if they don't want something. :twisted: I agree eBay have got greedy lately. Just think we may have bought off each other. :D

The poor postman was staggering up the drive the other morning with a load of parcels.

I think there's much more choice buying on line than there is in the shops. We get our groceries delivered occasionally if the weather is bad. One bad winter we couldn't get our car out so we would have starved if we couldn't order on line. :(
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:44 pm

appledore wrote:Just think we may have bought off each other. :D

I bought six replacement hedgehogs from eBay the other day, just in case ours decides to go elsewhere. And one of them came in an apple box :!: Was it from you :?: :lol: :mrgreen:

If you bought something very naughty lately, it might have been from me!!! I only sell very naughty things. :wink:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:21 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:
appledore wrote:I bought six replacement hedgehogs from eBay the other day, just in case ours decides to go elsewhere. And one of them came in an apple box :!: Was it from you :?: :lol: :mrgreen:

If you bought something very naughty lately, it might have been from me!!! I only sell very naughty things. :wink:

The hedgehogs could have come from me. I sell spiked drinks too. :lol:

I only buy naughty things, so I could have bought from you Will. :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:37 pm

appledore wrote:The hedgehogs could have come from me. I sell spiked drinks too. :lol:

I only buy naughty things, so I could have bought from you Will. :lol:

I don't like the sound of spiked drinks. I'll buy some spike heeled shoes and a spikey tiara made from barbed wire. :P

You must have bought from me, someone buys lots of naughty stuff from my shop and I just knew it was you. Your hubby will either be pleased when you show him that whip, or rather frightened. :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

PreviousNext

Return to Gardening