Pansies

For anyone interested in gardening & a bit of light relief from the problems of this world

Pansies

Postby appledore » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:24 pm

Hi Will. Have you bought any pansies yet? Our hanging basket was a mess, so we bought a few bright orange pansies to liven it up a bit.
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: Pansies

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:32 pm

appledore wrote:Hi Will. Have you bought any pansies yet? Our hanging basket was a mess, so we bought a few bright orange pansies to liven it up a bit.

Hi apples. Yes we have planted lots of pansies now, they look very pretty. They are the loveliest colours aren't they! We have all different colours and it has added a lot of cheer to our garden.

Have you given up buying new baskets every year? I always plant mine with pansies, then when they get too leggy, I plant other stuff.
I tend to grow lobelia and then buy some flowers for the centre. I'm not a great gardener, but do fill a patio garden with flowers by squashing them into every pot. :lol:

I bet your orange pansies look lovely. :)
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:51 pm

Hi Will.

I usually plant pansies for the winter with an anonymouse in the middle, and some ivy round the edge of the basket. Then for the summer I usually put a geranium in the middle with some busy lizzies or petunias round the edge. Last year we bought a planted up basket, but it didn't do very well so we bought some trailing petunias, and they looked lovely so I think we'll try and find some this year.

We'll buy some baskets in the supermarket this week. Some baskets last for a couple of seasons, but some others go all soft and squidgy and out of shape.

We have an incontinent hedgehog weeing all over the place on a night. He comes to eat visiting cat's biscuits. :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:00 pm

appledore wrote:We have an incontinent hedgehog weeing all over the place on a night. He comes to eat visiting cat's biscuits. :lol:

Awww we have been chucking out food hoping the hedghogs will bcome back, but haven't seen them yet. I'll have to time our outside lights to stay on longer.

Do they make tenahedgies? :lol: :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:20 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:Awww we have been chucking out food hoping the hedghogs will bcome back, but haven't seen them yet. I'll have to time our outside lights to stay on longer.

Do they make tenahedgies? :lol: :lol:

I'll send him round to your house then, Have a mop and bucket handy. :lol: You can buy hedgehog nappies. :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:34 pm

:lol: :lol: I'll just bath him in the sink, he's way too cool for a nappy. :mrgreen: http://cl.jroo.me/z3/T/L/l/e/a.baa-cute ... a-bath.jpg
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:01 pm

[quote="WILL*REMAIN*STRONG"]:lol: :lol: I'll just bath him in the sink, he's way too cool for a nappy. :mrgreen: http://cl.jroo.me/z3/T/L/l/e/a.baa-cute ... a-bath.jpg[/quote

Frothy man. :lol: :lol: :lol: He's cute. He can come here, and you can have the dribbling one. :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:34 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:33 pm

Here's one for you Will. Your sort of hedgehog. :lol:

A fox ran across our drive the other day, right in front of the car. It was nearly a flat fox.
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:50 am

appledore wrote:Here's one for you Will. Your sort of hedgehog. :lol:

A fox ran across our drive the other day, right in front of the car. It was nearly a flat fox.

Awww love the choccy hedgy. :D

I'm glad you didn't flat-pack the fox. Do you put food out for them? I bet they like cat food.

I would love to see foxes in the garden, they are beautiful animals. Last time I saw a fox was around the corner on one of my late winter walks. It was getting dark and it ran across the road in front of me. They are very cat like. :)

We were once on a picnic in the Lakes and a couple of baby foxes with mummy fox came out from the bushes near to where we were sitting. I chucked a sausage roll and it was gone like lightening.
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:39 pm

We don't put food out especially for the foxes, and the food we put out for the birds and visiting cats doesn't hang about very long. There are some hens in a garden behind us, so the foxes are maybe en route. :lol:

A fox was asleep under a bush in our garden for a couple of hours one morning. I think they're beautiful animals too. They are catlike. Rabbits are very catlike, they wash themselves just like cats.
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:08 pm

You have a lovely big garden and see a lot of fluffies, I would love to see a little more wildlife. You'll have to set up a webcam..nothing naughty...just bonking bunnies, foxes and badgers. :lol: Chuck out some oysters for them. :wink:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:35 pm

We have lots of wildlife around us, and that's just the neighbours. :lol: I've never seen a badger, but we see lots of other animals. I love the birds, but I wish they'd start the dawn chorus a little bit later. :)
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:23 pm

appledore wrote:We have lots of wildlife around us, and that's just the neighbours. :lol: I've never seen a badger, but we see lots of other animals. I love the birds, but I wish they'd start the dawn chorus a little bit later. :)

Now don't put a wildlife camera on your neighbours, that is wildlife I don't want to see! :wink:

I would love to see badgers in the garden, although I've heard they make quite a mess. I actually love the early dawn chorus, if I'm awake to hear it. I am an early riser, but that is only because my alarm clock goes off. I sleep like the dead, I can even sleep through a thunder storm. :evil: Which is a crime! :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Wed May 01, 2013 6:23 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:I would love to see badgers in the garden, although I've heard they make quite a mess. I actually love the early dawn chorus, if I'm awake to hear it. I am an early riser, but that is only because my alarm clock goes off. I sleep like the dead, I can even sleep through a thunder storm. :evil: Which is a crime! :lol:

I have very sensitive ears, hubby calls me superlugs. :lol: I wear earplugs, but I can still hear the birds. I used to be a very deep sleeper, but not now. Once when I was sleeping in a tent I slept through a thunder storm. :)
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Next

Return to Gardening