fence painting/spraying

For anyone interested in gardening & a bit of light relief from the problems of this world

fence painting/spraying

Postby parki » Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:51 pm

It looks so easy in the adverts!

I am a fit pensioner and have managed pretty well looking after the garden since my husband died last year. Thinking to save myself a lot of heavy painting I invested in one of those sprayers B& Q advertise to make fence spraying quick and easy.

Is it just me or have others found the darn thing impossible to control.
The paint ran down the fence like a mini waterfall and I found it so messy that I abandoned the thing. The sprayer is still sitting at the back of my garden challenging me to get to grips with it,

I think I followed the instructions to the letter, can anyone offer any advice please?

:?
Cathy
parki

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby Raymond » Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:15 am

Used one myself. Three thoughts. Have you experimented turning down the paint flow? They come with two nozzels are you using the correct one? What paint/preservative are you using? Is it too thin.
Ray
Raymond

Postby Beech » Mon May 08, 2006 11:16 am

They are quite awkward to get right. You need to adjust the speed of flow right down to stop the liquid coming out too fast and running down the fence. It's worth practicing on an area that's out of general view until you get it right.
Beech

Return to Gardening