Gardening according to the goddess of fertility & abunda

For anyone interested in gardening & a bit of light relief from the problems of this world

Postby Holst2 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:46 pm

It is not my normal practice to indulge web-sites like this, but encountering this web page on google has so appalled me I have to respond to this barrage of ill-conceived, ill-informed, materialistic negativity.

To the Administraters / Moderators:

It is not acceptable to allow your members to publish derogatory comments about sincerely held spiritual beliefs. The poster has tried to be humorous because he / she knows this is his / her only defence. However, it does not excuse such a blatant lack of respect. Is this not meant to be a serious web site??? It is not appropriate to let your members subvert the content of your web site in this way and I hope you will be removing the offending material forthewith.

To the poster:

All but the most ill-informed realise that everywhere we look, the spiritual world is all around us in the rocks and the soil and the plants. Today more then ever people understand that our home, The Earth, must be respected in every way. Global warming is proof of this and shows us the Earths pain.

We now know we have been lied to by "science", and yes by politicains and economists too and we refuse to buy food laced with chemicals and DNA. We need bio-dynamic produce because it not only feeds our bodies, it feeds our souls.

I see other posters have claimed that your insulting gibberish is no more than harmless humour. You should realise there is no such thing!!! All humour demeans its subject.

It is easy for small minded people to make fun of things they don't understand. You clearly have very superficial beliefs so you simply laugh at spirituality and mysticism and make fun of bio-dynamics, healers, aural readers and every other Natural phenomena that can only be explained in spiritual terms.

Even worse your account of bio-dynamics contains many inaccuracies. To quote but one example; it is not essential for the horn to be buried precisely at the autumnal exquinoxe and it is not essential for preparation 500 to be sprayed during the first two hours after sunrise. In fact it may be buried at any time shortly thereafter. If you intend criticising something you must be sure you have your facts right.

To quote a second example, you have entirely misunderstood the nature of the Elemental Beings. The gnomes you laugh at should not be thought a manifestation of some universal reality. They are simply one person's subjective experience. Why do you think this person's reality is less valid than yours???

Please reflect upon your words and try to understand that your negativity could easily deter a person of weak spirit from finding their ordained path. I do think you owe us all an apology, but I fear it will take a long time to change your bigoted views. I feel very sorry for you.
Holst2

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby Janie & Allen » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:03 pm

Holst2 wrote:

It is not acceptable to allow your members to publish derogatory comments about sincerely held spiritual beliefs.

Not acceptable to whom? It's perfectly acceptable to me.

You don't want to buy food laced with DNA?
Janie & Allen

Postby arborlad » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:33 pm

Holst2 wrote:
To the poster:

Thankyou for your concern about what I can read.

As an adult, I read what I like, when I like, and I like 'thin and cispy's' posts.
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:37 pm

Holst2 wrote:It is not my normal practice to indulge web-sites like this, but encountering this web page on google has so appalled me I have to respond to this barrage of ill-conceived, ill-informed, materialistic negativity.

I have seen people take a barrage of actual abuse aimed at them better than you have taken this thread; it wasn't aimed at you personally was it? If you watch the news, listen to the radio, watch TV programs, adverts, and laugh at comedians etc…they could all offend someone.

Why have you taken such offence here? I find it rather strange but strangely also found your post almost "but not quite" as amusing as T&C’S, so all is not lost.

Come on have a giggle...it will not hurt. We are all different thank the many Gods and Mother Earth. :wink:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby Trog » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:20 pm

Holst2 wrote:It is not my normal practice to indulge web-sites like this, but encountering this web page on google has so appalled me I have to respond to this barrage of ill-conceived, ill-informed, materialistic negativity.

It is not acceptable to allow your members to publish derogatory comments about sincerely held spiritual beliefs. The poster has tried to be humorous because he / she knows this is his / her only defence. However, it does not excuse such a blatant lack of respect. Is this not meant to be a serious web site??? It is not appropriate to let your members subvert the content of your web site in this way and I hope you will be removing the offending material forthewith.

To the poster:

All but the most ill-informed realise that everywhere we look, the spiritual world is all around us in the rocks and the soil and the plants. Today more then ever people understand that our home, The Earth, must be respected in every way. Global warming is proof of this and shows us the Earths pain.

We now know we have been lied to by "science", and yes by politicains and economists too and we refuse to buy food laced with chemicals and DNA. We need bio-dynamic produce because it not only feeds our bodies, it feeds our souls.

I see other posters have claimed that your insulting gibberish is no more than harmless humour. You should realise there is no such thing!!! All humour demeans its subject.

It is easy for small minded people to make fun of things they don't understand. You clearly have very superficial beliefs so you simply laugh at spirituality and mysticism and make fun of bio-dynamics, healers, aural readers and every other Natural phenomena that can only be explained in spiritual terms.

Even worse your account of bio-dynamics contains many inaccuracies. To quote but one example; it is not essential for the horn to be buried precisely at the autumnal exquinoxe and it is not essential for preparation 500 to be sprayed during the first two hours after sunrise. In fact it may be buried at any time shortly thereafter. If you intend criticising something you must be sure you have your facts right.

To quote a second example, you have entirely misunderstood the nature of the Elemental Beings. The gnomes you laugh at should not be thought a manifestation of some universal reality. They are simply one person's subjective experience. Why do you think this person's reality is less valid than yours???

Please reflect upon your words and try to understand that your negativity could easily deter a person of weak spirit from finding their ordained path. I do think you owe us all an apology, but I fear it will take a long time to change your bigoted views. I feel very sorry for you.

What a load of bo**ocks, sincerely held spiritual beliefs :lol: :lol:
Cats they crap on your drive, on your lawn and in your flower beds, they are vermin.
Trog

Postby Treeman » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:41 pm

To the poster:

Thank you for your words and for bumping this thread to the top of the page. I had forgotten how much I laughed when I first read this hilarious thread and now I have gone and done my hernia again.
If your bio rubbish had any credibility it would have a following wider than a few “crusties”. Even scientology can muster a couple of celebrities.
Your efforts at correcting the OP are also hilarious. A crusty splitting hairs about lunatic practices.
Anyhow I am off to casualty to get my hernia fixed

Treeman
Treeman

Postby thin and crispy » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:32 pm

To everyone who has responded while I've been away:

It's good to know that this thread has provided a little amusement. Thank you all for your comments - particularly to Treeman who, despite suffering a recurring hernia, has chosen to offer his support. You can truss me not to make light of your condition Treeman. :wink:

To Holst2:

Please don't feel sorry for me, Holst2 (or should I say Moonbeam2? - :yawn:), I'm quite happy in my mystical ignorance. I won't bother refuting your personal accusations, but I'm happy to comment on a few of the other absurdities in your post.

Holst2 wrote:Please reflect upon your words and try to understand that your negativity could easily deter a person of weak spirit from finding their ordained path.

It would be gratifying to think that my words could deter "a person" from believing in New Age nincompoopery, but I very much doubt that they will. A "person of weak spirit" will surely gravitate towards the mystical rather than the rational, as will as person of weak intellect.

Holst2 wrote:...your account of bio-dynamics contains many inaccuracies. To quote but one example; it is not essential for the horn to be buried precisely at the autumnal exquinoxe and it is not essential for preparation 500 to be sprayed during the first two hours after sunrise. In fact it may be buried at any time shortly thereafter. If you intend criticising something you must be sure you have your facts right.

I hang my head in shame. :oops: I've made a complete fool of myself - I simply didn't realise that there were any "facts" involved in Biodynamics. I'm just glad you didn't contradict the bit about dancing naked around the compost heap. :wink:

Honestly, Holst2, Biodynamics is not some ancient and worthy truth that you have to obediently recite without question or independent thought. It's just a wooly-minded flight of fancy invented within the last century by a man who, in my view, was an eccentric charlatan and wannabe cult leader. How can you take any of it seriously?

Holst2 wrote:...we refuse to buy food laced with chemicals and DNA.

What do you think your Biodynamic lentils are made of - fairy dust and sunbeams?

Holst2 wrote: The gnomes you laugh at should not be thought a manifestation of some universal reality. They are simply one person's subjective experience. Why do you think this person's reality is less valid than yours???

Basically because my perception of reality doesn't derive from hallucinogenic herbs, dream catchers and mass-delusion.

Holst2, if you genuinely believe that a "subjective experience" in which dickless gnomes beckon you wistfully into the cucumber patch is somehow real, then you might well find electro-convulsive therapy beneficial. I'm sure your GP will be more than happy to refer you.

Holst2 wrote:All humour demeans its subject.

You must be joking, Holst2 :lol:.

Holst2 wrote:... you simply laugh at spirituality and mysticism and make fun of bio-dynamics, healers, aural readers and every other Natural phenomena that can only be explained in spiritual terms.

That reminds me :idea: , I forgot one: Luminescent Orbs.

For anyone who hasn't heard of Orbs, they're those floating, out-of-focus balls of light that people of an ethereal disposition like to capture on photographs of a spooky room. (Imagine a scene from Most Haunted with the screams replaced by "Wow man, that's heavyyy!")

Only a few months ago there was an article in my local paper about a New Age group dedicated to the scholarly study of orbs. By opening their inner eyes, focussing their cosmovision, and dropping a little acid, they hoped to come up with a comprehensive theory to explain this mystical phenomenon.

After many months of methodical study, one particularly gifted lady discovered that she could command the orbs to move around the picture by concentrating very hard and tilting her camera.

Of course, it would be ridiculous of me to suggest that these specks of light are reflections of an out-of-frame table lamp or are caused by dirt on the camera lens. The New Age authorities have far more plausible explanations: spiritual archetypes flitting between the Physical Realm and the Cosmic Realm; energy channelled up from underground ley-lines; the spirits of departed ancestors returning to watch over their worldly offspring, etc, etc. They've even suggested that orbs are the transient manifestation of "The Children of the Stars" -- who just happen to be passing through the hippies' kitchen en-route to Gemini :roll: . If you think that's "Castor and Pollux", you'd be right.
Last edited by thin and crispy on Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
thin and crispy

Postby arborlad » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:05 pm

thin and crispy wrote:............ in which dickless gnomes beckon you wistfully into the cucumber patch.

I've been in eager anticipation of your response - you didn't disappoint.
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:13 pm

thin and crispy wrote:For anyone who hasn't heard of Orbs, they're those floating, out-of-focus balls of light that people of an ethereal disposition like to capture on photographs of a spooky room. (Imagine a scene from Most Haunted with the screams replaced by "Wow man, that's heavyyy!")

ImageI thought orbs arranged themselves on the face of my cat to gain attention as he can't reach the bell? :wink:

thin and crispy you rock!!! 8) I have laughed so much reading your post, don't worry I'm laughing with you. You don't half know how to word things well...sooooo funny!
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby Treeman » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:16 am

thin and crispy wrote: in which dickless gnomes beckon you wistfully into the cucumber patch

There goes my hernia again

Treeman
Treeman

Postby appledore » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:04 pm

Hilarious thin and crispy. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
appledore

Postby thin and crispy » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:19 pm

Thank you - I'm glad I've caused amusement in some quarters. It's just a pity that Holst2 can't take it all a little less seriously - it all seems a bit like religious fundamentalism to me.

Maybe I was a little harsh though. I do concede that there's nothing intrinsically funny about astrological agriculture, headless gnomes or homeopathic compost. New Age manure is a cruel delusion and perhaps I was insensitive to make fun of the poor unfortunates who have tripped their way into it. :lol:

Will, how high up is your window? Your cat looks like he is indulging in a bit of yogic flying as well. :lol:
thin and crispy

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:49 am

thin and crispy wrote:Will, how high up is your window? Your cat looks like he is indulging in a bit of yogic flying as well. :lol:

ImageI thought it was only me who could see ghosts! :shock:

So you see him too? :wink:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby Holst2 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:09 pm

Now it is over six months since my notice with regards to Thin and Crispys libellous ditribe but I am sad to see that his/ her malicious jibes remain to mislead any one who reads them. Bio-dynamics is a serious Science and I should hope members of a webssite like this would want to ask serious questions about it. We need imformed debate on a subject that is crucial to the development of mankind!!!

Today is the Dawning of Crywneth when Mother Earths axis is balanced upright in the cosmos. It is also the spring equinoxe so I hope people will be more receptive to the non-physical world. So I am inviting anyone with a serious interest in bio-dynamics to contact me through this forum to discuss the principles of bio-dynamics intelligently.

This is epsecially important now the Earth faces her most serious threats. If we dont stop poisoning the Earth Global Warming will spell the end time of Mankind by 2033 --- unless the GM food conglomerates or the maniacs powering the Large Hadron Collider dont do it first!!!.

Meantime I will try to answer some of the points that have been raised here.

"Janie and Allan" ---- "Not acceptable to whom? It's perfectly acceptable to me. "

It is not acceptable to the people whio hold those beliefs of course!!! Simply because it is acceptable to you does not make it accepable to everybody else. You should learn to be less selfish!!!

"Arborlad" --- "As an adult, I read what I like, when I like, and I like 'thin and cispy's' posts."

If you like Thin & Crispys posts you are clearly not an adult!!! Thyey are childish and superfitial because he / she clearly does not know how to hold a serious adult debate!!!

"Will Remain Strong" ---- "Why have you taken such offence here?"

How would you feel if I insulted your spiritual beliefs???? Or do you not have any??? You should try to exhibit a little more understanding of others.

"Treeman": ---- "If your bio rubbish had any credibility it would have a following wider than a few "crusties". Even scientology can muster a couple of celebrities."

I dont know what you mean by "crusties" but It is wrong to equate bio-dynamics with scientology. Bio-dynamics does not need celebrity endorsements. Very many high profile people support bio-dynamic practices and principles but they do not feewl the need to tell the public about their personal beliefs.
Holst2

Postby Holst2 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:18 pm

"Thin and Crispy": Yet again you have made many errors:

1 ---- " A "person of weak spirit" will surely gravitate towards the mystical rather than the rational, as will as person of weak intellect.."

Mysticism requires a person to be intellectually and spiritually strong You seem to believe you have a superior intellect but YOU cannot explain any mystical phenomenon in scientific terms. Even those which manifest in the physical reality. You cannot explain the cornerstones of spiritual science like aurae and hoemopathic healing. You cannot explain our oneness with Tha Nature Spirits, the certainty that they are watching and guiding us and our experience of mystic realities. You clearly have no beauty or poetry within any dimension of your soul and you should not be so arrogant as to think you can explain everything!!!

2 ---- "just glad you didn't contradict the bit about dancing naked around the compost heap."

Your rumour is simply another attempt to discredit bio-dynamics. It will disapoint you to learn that most bio-dynamic experts in the Uk remain fully clothed at all times.

3 ---- "It's just a wooly-minded flight of fancy invented within the last century"

Wrong again!!! Bio-dynamic agriculture is based on ancient and trusted farming practices and spiritual practices that have been in use since the Origin of Man over 10,000 years ago!!! Bio-dynamic practices have been used by the Celtic Tribes snd Druids right through to The Romans and Tudor times. Bio-dynamics was established millenia before modern farming practices and has a much longer history.

4 --- "it all seems a bit like religious fundamentalism to me"

You are confusing religion with spirituality. You clearly do not understand the diference.

5 --- With regards to your obscene remark about gnomes this is both childish and incorrect. In fact the Text refers to the King Gnome beckonning the observer INTO THE SOIL!!! I suspect you have simply invented the reference to cucumbers.

6 --- Finally, you seem to be a little confused!!! Orbs have nothing whatsover to do with bio-dynamics. Why mention them on a gardening webs site???
Holst2

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

PreviousNext

Return to Gardening