Rice pudding recipe?

Advice, questions, support on anything about cooking and eating

Moderator: cupcake

Rice pudding recipe?

Postby leeza09 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:09 am

friends i love rice pudding but have not prepared it on my own. can anyone help me with a easy method to do the rice pudding. I dont want to trouble anyone in my family to prepare the rice pudding. :oops: :oops: :oops:
leeza09

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: Rice pudding recipe?

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:21 am

leeza09 wrote:friends i love rice pudding but have not prepared it on my own. can anyone help me with a easy method to do the rice pudding. I dont want to trouble anyone in my family to prepare the rice pudding. :oops: :oops: :oops:

http://www.free-easy-recipes.org.uk/088 ... recipe.htm

I haven't eaten rice pudding since school dinner days, I didn't like it then so have never eaten it again. :oops:

I think you could add a few more of your own ingredients to the simple recipe. Nutmeg and some raisins seems to be a popular one, I would add some double cream and more sugar, even I might try it then. :lol:

Good luck. :)
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:30 pm

I haven't made rice pudding since I made some in the school cookery class. I can remember it took all afternoon. :roll:
I usually open a tin of Ambrosia. :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:37 pm

appledore wrote:I haven't made rice pudding since I made some in the school cookery class. I can remember it took all afternoon. :roll:
I usually open a tin of Ambrosia. :lol:

So you have got over the trauma of school food? We used to get liver and semolina on a regular basis, it couldn’t have tasted worse if it was mixed together. :lol:

I remember making chocolate cornflake cakes at school and they were so nice, I have never been able to make them as well since. :cry: What am I doing wrong????????? Oh yes, I eat the chocolate before it makes it to the cornflakes. :oops:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:44 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:So you have got over the trauma of school food? We used to get liver and semolina on a regular basis, it couldn’t have tasted worse if it was mixed together. :lol:

I remember making chocolate cornflake cakes at school and they were so nice, I have never been able to make them as well since. :cry: What am I doing wrong????????? Oh yes, I eat the chocolate before it makes it to the cornflakes. :oops:

I quite liked some of the school food. :oops: :lol: The treacle pudding was yummy, and the jam roly- poly was tasty too. I can remember some pink meat, cut into squares, and when you put your knife in one end and your fork in the other and pulled, it squeaked. Goodness knows what it was. :? The mashed potato often had black lumps in it. Yuk!
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:46 pm

appledore wrote: I can remember some pink meat, cut into squares, and when you put your knife in one end and your fork in the other and pulled, it squeaked.

Mice. :)

appledore wrote: Goodness knows what it was. :? The mashed potato often had black lumps in it. Yuk!

Ants. :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby leeza09 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:05 pm

OH my god dudes you really make me frightened by saying your experience. i got to rethink my idea about rice pudding now... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
leeza09

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:27 pm

Well rice pudding has a little secret, the rice is made from dried midget maggots and then boiled to make fluffy maggots, then mixed with the milk from stag beetles and sweetened with the sugar from vomit fruit, 1 snake egg is added and there you go…rice pudding! Well at least that was my schools recipe. :shock: :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:41 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:Well rice pudding has a little secret, the rice is made from dried midget maggots and then boiled to make fluffy maggots, then mixed with the milk from stag beetles and sweetened with the sugar from vomit fruit, 1 snake egg is added and there you go…rice pudding! Well at least that was my schools recipe. :shock: :lol:

You've forgotten the lumps Will. :lol: :lol:

Leeza, just open a tin. It's easier, and much less frightening. :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:17 pm

appledore wrote:You've forgotten the lumps Will. :lol: :lol:

Our cat coughed up some fur balls last night, they could be added to the recipe to provide lumps. mmmmm Mouth watering stuff, Gordon Ramsay eat your heart out..oh, he already has. :oops: :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby ukmicky » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:44 pm

Do i have a dislike for rice pudding, probably something to do with school dinners. :D

Edit

Just read the other posts, seems i was not the only one to hate school dinners :D
ukmicky

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:03 pm

ukmicky wrote:Just read the other posts, seems i was not the only one to hate school dinners :D

:lol: So we are all in agreeance, rice pudding is yummy! :wink:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:46 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:
appledore wrote:You've forgotten the lumps Will. :lol: :lol:

Our cat coughed up some fur balls last night, they could be added to the recipe to provide lumps. mmmmm Mouth watering stuff, Gordon Ramsay eat your heart out..oh, he already has. :oops: :lol:

The lumps in the school mashed potato were hairy. I hadn't thought of fur balls. :lol: :lol:

I like rice pudding and semolina, but sago (or should I say frog spawn) turns my stomach. :(
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:12 pm

appledore wrote:The lumps in the school mashed potato were hairy. I hadn't thought of fur balls. :lol: :lol:

I like rice pudding and semolina, but sago (or should I say frog spawn) turns my stomach. :(

I haven't heard of sago. :oops: I always wonder why anyone would eat caviar or oysters yuck! :twisted: I think they would be worse than school dinners. :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby juliet » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:32 am

Wow, yes Sago. I forgot about that - frogs spawn! Do you remember Cremola? Semolinary and real proper comfort food. Loved it. In fact I am going to see if you can still get that.......
juliet

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Next

Return to Cookery