•600g pumpkin flesh, cubed

•1 cooking apple, peeled, cored and diced

•2 tomatoes, skinned and chopped

•1 litre vegetable stock

•2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander

•salt and freshly ground black pepper

•fresh coriander leaves to garnish

Preparation method

1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the onion and cook gently for 5 minutes until softened. Stir in the curry paste and cook gently over a low heat for 3–4 minutes.

2. Add the pumpkin and stir to coat with the onion mixture. Stir in the apple and tomatoes. Pour in the stock and bring to the boil. Then reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 25 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender.

3. Allow to cool slightly, then purée the soup in a blender or a food processor until smooth. Reheat gently, season to taste and stir in the chopped coriander.

4.Serve with some freshly ground black pepper and scatter some croutons and coriander leaves over soup.

5.Get shock from really scary clown that comes as an extra with this soup on all hallows eve. :wink: Image
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby appledore » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:04 pm

The soup should be really tasty. I'm all ready for Halloween, had my broomstick in for a service and I'm all ready to go. :lol:

The scary clown could hire himself out as a car indicator. :)
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:09 pm

appledore wrote:The soup should be really tasty. I'm all ready for Halloween, had my broomstick in for a service and I'm all ready to go. :lol:

The scary clown could hire himself out as a car indicator. :)

Teehee I have rounded up loads of black cats and have trained them to shred clowns, I don’t like clowns…even ones with warning indicators. :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:21 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:

Teehee I have rounded up loads of black cats and have trained them to shred clowns, I don’t like clowns…even ones with warning indicators. :lol:

Some people have a clown phobia. Give me a clown instead of a spider anyday, although I'm getting much braver when I see a spider. Yesterday morning when I went into the bathroom and switched on the light a huge one galloped across the floor so I whacked it with my slipper.
Hubby said it was probably running round my feet when I went to the loo in the middle of the night as I don't turn the light on. :shock: He always knows how to make me feel better. :lol:

The black cats won't have time to shred clowns, they'll be too busy pooing. :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:34 pm

I have a mild-moderate clown phobia, it started with Ronald McDonald, then my nan bought me a clown toy...I hated it! Now I'm very scared of clowns but not running screaming, well unless in a weird situation. :shock:

Well super brave apples, your hubby will have to make you a bravery cape...out of spiders webs and daddy long legs. :lol: :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:43 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:I have a mild-moderate clown phobia, it started with Ronald McDonald, then my nan bought me a clown toy...I hated it! Now I'm very scared of clowns but not running screaming, well unless in a weird situation. :shock:

:

Does that make you a silly burger? :lol: Seriously though it's not funny when you have a phobia. I don't like balloons. I hate being at a party when they have balloons in a net and they let them float down. My throat goes all tight and I feel like I'm going to choke. I never liked the circus either. I didn't like the noise of the whip, it made me jump. I'm still very jumpy. If there's a sudden noise I'm just about to scrape off the ceiling. :shock: :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:24 am

appledore wrote:Does that make you a silly burger? :lol: Seriously though it's not funny when you have a phobia. I don't like balloons. I hate being at a party when they have balloons in a net and they let them float down. My throat goes all tight and I feel like I'm going to choke. I never liked the circus either. I didn't like the noise of the whip, it made me jump. I'm still very jumpy. If there's a sudden noise I'm just about to scrape off the ceiling. :shock: :lol:

I'm a silly chilly burger :lol:, my blood runs cold at the thought of a clown with those giant white gloved hands, giant floppy feet and beeping red nose...I'm scared just thinking about it. :(

I jump at noises too and am frightened of balloons popping, hubby will squeeze a balloon in front of me and I run with my hands over my ears...what a baby! :lol:

I wouldn't go to a circus so never heard the crack of the whip. :wink:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:42 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:
I wouldn't go to a circus so never heard the crack of the whip. :wink:

It's a long time since I went to a circus, and I wouldn't go now. I used to sit with my hands over my eyes when the trapeze artists were performing, and my hands over my ears when the animals were performing, so it was a bit of a waste of money really. :lol: :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:26 pm

appledore wrote:It's a long time since I went to a circus, and I wouldn't go now. I used to sit with my hands over my eyes when the trapeze artists were performing, and my hands over my ears when the animals were performing, so it was a bit of a waste of money really. :lol: :lol:

With four hands at your disposal I'm surprised the circus weren't trying to employ you! :wink: :lol:

Are you doing anything spooktastic this Halloween apples? :)
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:01 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:With four hands at your disposal I'm surprised the circus weren't trying to employ you! :wink: :lol:

Are you doing anything spooktastic this Halloween apples? :)

:lol: :lol: I was in the tent with the bearded lady. :wink: :lol:

I daren't do anything really spooky will. I might frighten myself to death. :lol: Are you doing anything?
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:20 pm

appledore wrote: :lol: :lol: I was in the tent with the bearded lady. :wink: :lol:

Were you both called Mrs. Tickle but for different reasons? :wink:

appledore wrote: I daren't do anything really spooky will. I might frighten myself to death. :lol: Are you doing anything?

Avoiding clowns...especially the hairy witch, stalky the nutjob and the tricycle riding chucky next door...oh and eating pumpkin soup. :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Return to Cookery