1 Red pepper finely chopped

2 Bay leaves

1 tea spoon of oregano

150g Tomato puree

2 Tins of chopped tomatoes

1 Glass of red or dry white wine

Olive oil

A few dashes of Worcester sauce

Tabasco or any hot sauce, I use a Jamaican hot sauce with a real kick!

250ml of stock to suit chosen meat or veggie

Salt and pepper

1 Tea spoon of paprika

Gated parmesan or your favourite cheese to serve

Good quality pasta 200g per person

60g Butter for the pasta

Parsley to serve

Method

Use a large saucepan and heat the olive oil then add the minced meat, onions and garlic to pan and brown. Once browned add the stock and all other ingredients and simmer for 30-40 minutes

Cook pasta, drain water and add the butter and warm on heat until thoroughly coated and serve.
Parsley can be added to sauce before serving or is nice as a garnish

Sorry my method is a little bit like ‘shove it all in’ but it tastes the same as when you complicate it…yummy! If you don’t like really hot dishes you can miss out on the chilli and just add the paprika for a little warmth. :) Oh and don't forget to remove the bay leaves, I forgot once and saw my hubby chewing on one and he remarked 'these leaves haven't cooked have they?' I waited until he had eaten one and then told him it wasn't for eating and might give him man flu. :wink: :lol: :oops:

ENJOY!
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby appledore » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:26 pm

I'm going to try that Will. Do you use pasta shapes or spaghetti? We usually have the shapes. I have to wrap hubby in a bedsheet as he gets in such a mess. :lol: If we had spaghetti I'd have to put him into soak. :lol: :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:43 pm

appledore wrote:I'm going to try that Will. Do you use pasta shapes or spaghetti? We usually have the shapes. I have to wrap hubby in a bedsheet as he gets in such a mess. :lol: If we had spaghetti I'd have to put him into soak. :lol: :lol:

:lol: A bed sheet! :lol: Now I am going to tell hubby if he keeps missing his catch-me-bib he is getting the sheet!!! :lol: :lol:
I often give hubs his breakfast in bed, perhaps we should have all our meals there?!?! :wink: :D

I use spaghetti, the messy stuff! Actually we had this last night instead of a roast dinner and there wasn't a drop spilled, it must have been good!!! 8) :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Return to Cookery