100g unsalted butter, softened

2 egg yolks

50g glacé cherries, chopped

50g sultanas

50g raisins

50g almonds, chopped

175g digestive biscuits, crushed

Method

Lightly grease and line the base of a 20cm loose-bottomed cake tin.

In a heat proof bowl over a pan of simmering water, gently melt the chocolate, then add the brandy and cremé fraiche, stirring until melted.

Sieve the icing sugar into a medium sized mixing bowl, add the butter and using an electric hand mixer, beat until soft and creamy. Beat in the egg yolks.

Add the cherries to the butter mixture along with the sultanas, raisins and almonds. Stir in the cooled chocolate mixture and crushed biscuits. Make sure all the ingredients are well mixed.

Spoon the mixture into the cake tin and smooth the top. Chill overnight in the fridge.

Brandy sauce

Ingredients

350 ml whipping cream

½ tsp vanilla extract

350 g white chocolate, finely chopped

60 ml brandy

Method

Place whipping cream in a saucepan and bring to a boil, melt chocolate and pour hot cream over chocolate. Stir with a wooden spoon until melted. Add brandy and continue stirring until well blended.

Pour sauce over cake and stuff your face. :D A nice alternative to Christmas cake and if you hate fruit you can miss those bits and add more nuts, choc chips or crushed maltesers. :P
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby appledore » Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:15 pm

Only 3 million calories a slice. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sounds yummy Will. Do you usually have traditional Christmas cake or something different?
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:39 am

appledore wrote:Only 3 million calories a slice. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sounds yummy Will. Do you usually have traditional Christmas cake or something different?

Hi apples, I don't like Christmas cake. I am not a fan of dried fruits, I don't mind brandy soaked cherries but the rest I can leave. I used to eat the icing and marzipan from my mums and grans cakes and leave the rest. :lol:

I make different cakes at Christmas unless someone else is cooking and then I might have a very small slice which I might have to do this year, perhaps me and hubs can have a huge slice between us and I will eat the top with some ice cream or even yummier brandy cream and ice cream. :lol:

How about you? Christmas fruity cake or 3 million calorie a slice chocolate stuff like me. :D
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:13 pm

Hi Will, We usually have fruit cake. We buy it now, but I remember making one when we were first married. It was one brandy for the cake and one for us, another brandy for the cake and another one for us. We were plastered by the end of the afternoon. :lol: :lol: Those were the days. :) We should maybe try that again, but forget about the cake. :wink:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:30 pm

appledore wrote:Hi Will, We usually have fruit cake. We buy it now, but I remember making one when we were first married. It was one brandy for the cake and one for us, another brandy for the cake and another one for us. We were plastered by the end of the afternoon. :lol: :lol: Those were the days. :) We should maybe try that again, but forget about the cake. :wink:

That sounds great apples, forget making the cake and buy one from a shop but enjoy the brandy. :D Are you looking forward to Christmas apples? We haven't even started shopping for pressies yet, I have never waited this long, I'm starting to fret about what to buy. :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:36 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:That sounds great apples, forget making the cake and buy one from a shop but enjoy the brandy. :D Are you looking forward to Christmas apples? We haven't even started shopping for pressies yet, I have never waited this long, I'm starting to fret about what to buy. :lol:

Yes, we're looking forward to Christmas. We've done all our Christmas shopping. 8) We don't really have a lot of people to buy for, but we have our little granddaughter this year, so it's been fun looking round the toy shops. She'll be too young to really know what's going on, but we'll enjoy playing with the toys. :lol: :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:41 pm

appledore wrote: Yes, we're looking forward to Christmas. We've done all our Christmas shopping. 8) We don't really have a lot of people to buy for, but we have our little granddaughter this year, so it's been fun looking round the toy shops. She'll be too young to really know what's going on, but we'll enjoy playing with the toys. :lol: :lol:

Aw that is nice, does that mean you really buy something that will be fun for you to play with? If so, good thinking. 8) :lol: Our niece and nephew are so ultra spoiled to the point they don't appreciate anything, they will get chocolate from us and if they don't eat it we will!!! :twisted: :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:49 pm

On the subject of brandy...

For a holiday, an Irishman decided to go to Switzerland to fulfill a lifelong dream and climb the Matterhorn. He hired a guide and just as they neared the top, the men were caught in a snow slide.

Three hours later, a Saint Bernard plowed through to them, a keg of brandy tied under his chin.

“Hooray!” shouted the guide. “Here comes man’s best friend!”

“Yeah,” said the Irishman. “An’ look at the size of the dog that’s bringin’ it!” :lol:

I must say that I wish there had been a Saint Bernard at the top of Aonach Mor. :lol: :P
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:52 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:Aw that is nice, does that mean you really buy something that will be fun for you to play with? If so, good thinking. 8) :lol: Our niece and nephew are so ultra spoiled to the point they don't appreciate anything, they will get chocolate from us and if they don't eat it we will!!! :twisted: :lol:

A lot of kids get far too much, and take it all for granted. The chocolate is a good idea. I can picture you and hubby with chocolate round your mouths. :lol: :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:56 pm

appledore wrote:A lot of kids get far too much, and take it all for granted. The chocolate is a good idea. I can picture you and hubby with chocolate round your mouths. :lol: :lol:

Yeah kids are getting a bit too greedy, all they need is a nice sprout dinner and a satsuma... :lol:

Chocolate round our mouths? You picture right! :lol: :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:18 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:Yeah kids are getting a bit too greedy, all they need is a nice sprout dinner and a satsuma... :lol:

:

I like sprouts. There'll be gale force winds on Boxing Day. :lol: :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:30 pm

appledore wrote:I like sprouts. There'll be gale force winds on Boxing Day. :lol: :lol:

Let them off in water, no one will know. :lol: Image

Just don't wear a wet suit. :oops: :lol: Image
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:50 pm

The person in the wet suit has been eating more than sprouts, probably baked beans too. :lol:
If someone comes along with a hatpin they'll go into orbit, and then they'll be reporting that there's wind on Mars as well as water. :lol: :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:22 pm

appledore wrote:The person in the wet suit has been eating more than sprouts, probably baked beans too. :lol:
If someone comes along with a hatpin they'll go into orbit, and then they'll be reporting that there's wind on Mars as well as water. :lol: :lol:

They might even report a smell. :lol:

They could package that weirdo as popping candy and feed him to the aliens, they must be bored by now having to live on a diet of water and mars bars. :oops: :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby despair » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:18 pm

John

Stop posting your business on this forum

I am requesting your postings are removed
despair

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Next

Return to Cookery