30 ml honey
200 g onions sliced
10 g garlic chopped
100 g potatoes, peeled and sliced
20 ml olive oil
1 liter water
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 tsp nutmeg powder

Brush the pumpkin wedges with honey and roast in the oven, cook the sliced onions, chopped garlic and potatoes with the olive oil in a pot, add the roasted pumpkin to the onions and add 1 liter water, salt and pepper and leave to simmer for about 45 min. add the nutmeg powder to the mixture and blend. serve hot.
leeza09

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby appledore » Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:56 pm

That sounds tasty Leeza, I think I'll give it a try. There's nothing like soup to warm you up when it's very cold. I don't like nutmeg, so I'll miss it out. :)
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:08 pm

Mmmm yummy soup would be lovely in todays weather...brrr...brrr...cold! :o

It might be nice with pumpkin bread too. :) I have seen pumpkins in our super market and they are so tiny now...might need two or three and i'll be tempted to carve them. :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:29 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:
I have seen pumpkins in our super market and they are so tiny now...might need two or three and i'll be tempted to carve them. :lol:

Lots of things are smaller than they used to be. I can remember when Wagon Wheels were as big as dinner plates. :wink: :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:32 pm

appledore wrote:Lots of things are smaller than they used to be. I can remember when Wagon Wheels were as big as dinner plates. :wink: :lol:

Mmmmmm wagon wheels, my gran used to buy me those. :D Yes they were either much bigger or I was much smaller. :lol: I don't eat wood any more, I much prefer chocolate. :wink: :oops:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby leeza09 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:18 am

thank you apple and will. i too tried it and it was really delicious. though i am not an fan of pumpkin i liked the soup very much and you can avoid nutmeg powder if you dont like. thats just for dressing the soup. after trying it out do share your feedback. :)
leeza09

Postby Conveyancer » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:38 pm

Can someone tell me how you are supposed to slice pumpkin. I bought some once thinking it would cut up as easily as a marrow. Wrong!
If you have benefited from advice on this site please consider contributing to a cancer charity.
Conveyancer

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:23 pm

Conveyancer wrote:Can someone tell me how you are supposed to slice pumpkin. I bought some once thinking it would cut up as easily as a marrow. Wrong!

I think the easiest way to cook with pumpkin is to first slice it in half or better still quarters and scrape out the seeds and stringy bits. Then cut pumpkin into cubes and remove the peel using a very sharp knife. You can remove the peel with a very sharp knife without cutting it into chunks but it is easier to handle small bits. I have also heard it is easier to remove the peel from the pumpkin if you boil it for a while first.

I don’t like pumpkin and have only ever cooked with it once because it was Halloween and it was a messy business. But then I never sharpen my knives enough which is half the problem.

Hope that helps. :)
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Return to Cookery