Tuna thingy

Advice, questions, support on anything about cooking and eating

Moderator: cupcake

Tuna thingy

Postby Conveyancer » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:31 pm

1 good slice of fresh tuna cuts into cubes
6 - 8 intensely flavoured medium sized mushrooms cut in half
6 - 8 broccoli or cauliflower florets
2 - 3 medium sized potatoes cut into pieces about the same size as the halved mushrooms
1 peeled Spanish onion cut into quarters and then separated into layers and/or 1 deseeded and depithed pepper cut into strips
a glass of red or white wine according to preference
olive oil
herb(s) of choice – tarragon is good
seasoning

Take a frying pan that has a lid and pour in a measure of olive oil that does not quite cover the bottom of the pan. Place on a high heat. When you can smell the oil tip in the potatoes and shake the pan over the heat until the oil is absorbed. Reduce the heat and pour in the glass of wine. Add sufficient water to bring the level of liquid to about half way up the potatoes. Season according to taste and add your herb(s) of choice. Cover and simmer until the potatoes are about three quarters done. Add the broccoli/cauliflower, cover the pan and simmer further until they start to soften. Add the onion and/or pepper and the mushrooms and cover. Stir occasionally. When all the vegetables are almost cooked the way you like them, turn up the heat until the liquid boils and then add the tuna. Cover the pan, reduce the heat and simmer for a minute or two. Uncover and turn each piece of tuna over with a fork. Cover and simmer for a few minutes more until the tuna is cooked through.

NB It is important throughout the cooking to ensure there is sufficient liquid in the pan to steam the vegetables

Serves 2 or 3 according to how hungry you are.
If you have benefited from advice on this site please consider contributing to a cancer charity.
Conveyancer

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: Tuna thingy

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:28 pm

Conveyancer wrote:Serves 2 or 3 according to how hungry you are.

Well I'm hungry just looking at that recipe, my cat approves too. :wink:

Could be a lovely alternative to the usual Sunday lunch and good for my hubby's waist line. :)
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby Conveyancer » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:33 pm

Perhaps someone can think of a better name for the dish.
If you have benefited from advice on this site please consider contributing to a cancer charity.
Conveyancer

Postby arborlad » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:20 am

Thingy Atún :D
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:25 pm

arborlad wrote:Thingy Atún :D

:lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:27 pm

Tuna a la conveyancer? :)
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:30 pm

Posh Iams :oops:

Serve to cat on throne.
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:03 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:Posh Iams :oops:

Serve to cat on throne.

Do you mean on litter tray? :lol: I know cats enjoy Iams, but I think they smell awful. It's a good job I'm not a cat.
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:44 pm

appledore wrote:Do you mean on litter tray? :lol: I know cats enjoy Iams, but I think they smell awful. It's a good job I'm not a cat.

Out cat prefers gardens to litter trays. :wink: He does enjoy his Iams, although he doesn't smell. :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:56 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:Out cat prefers gardens to litter trays. :wink: He does enjoy his Iams, although he doesn't smell. :lol:

You've got a well trained cat :wink: I'm sure your cat smells lovely. :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:18 pm

appledore wrote:You've got a well trained cat :wink: I'm sure your cat smells lovely. :lol:

He smells of grass when he comes in sometimes, other times he smells of flowers, it all depends on his chosen toilet. :lol: :oops:

I have him well trained, he waits by his bowl in the sitting position and before I can pour his Iams in the bowl his head goes in and the food goes everywhere! It is of course exactly what I want. :lol: :lol:

He also sits on my nice new clothes and silk pj’s and digs his claws in like he is on a roller coaster...all part of my plan I'll have you know. :? He occasionally gets bored of his bed next to ours and sleeps on my chest and I wake up with a fright because he is purring in my face and I can actually smell his breath...at some point I must have surely asked him to do this although can't seem to recall the time buy hey ho! He has been well trained. :D
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:48 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:He also sits on my nice new clothes and silk pj’s and digs his claws in like he is on a roller coaster...all part of my plan I'll have you know. :? He occasionally gets bored of his bed next to ours and sleeps on my chest and I wake up with a fright because he is purring in my face and I can actually smell his breath...at some point I must have surely asked him to do this although can't seem to recall the time buy hey ho! He has been well trained. :D

When I met hubby he had a cat that had been spoiled, and he let her sleep on the bed. I didn't like that so decided she'd sleep in a basket beside our bed. She started every night in the basket, but the next morning she was on the bed, so in the end I gave up and just let her sleep on the bed. :lol:

She was a messy eater too, there was food everywhere.
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:10 pm

appledore wrote:When I met hubby he had a cat that had been spoiled, and he let her sleep on the bed. I didn't like that so decided she'd sleep in a basket beside our bed. She started every night in the basket, but the next morning she was on the bed, so in the end I gave up and just let her sleep on the bed. :lol:

She was a messy eater too, there was food everywhere.

Our cat has a bed that is our bed height, so he doesn't feel pushed out. It doesn't change his need for sitting on us. :lol:

I'm a push over so I let him have his way. :D Cats always get what they want don't they. :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:00 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:[Our cat has a bed that is our bed height, so he doesn't feel pushed out.
. :lol:

Aw, that's lovely Will. You'll look like The Three Bears. :lol: :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:23 pm

appledore wrote:Aw, that's lovely Will. You'll look like The Three Bears. :lol: :lol:

:lol:

This morning the cat tried to sleep on my pillow, like he does. :roll: I woke up with a purring hat on. :lol: He sometimes lightly chews my hand because he is mad that I'm sleeping and not stroking him...my goodness he is way too spoilt! :D
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Next

Return to Cookery