Roast chestnuts

Advice, questions, support on anything about cooking and eating

Moderator: cupcake

Roast chestnuts

Postby gardenlaw » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:24 am

Sitting in front of a blazing log fire roasting chestnuts on an old shovel with snow falling outside. Watching "Its a Wonderful Life" on the TV Perfect. Could anything be better for this Christmas week?
Here is a link worth following http://italianfood.about.com/library/rec/blr0282.htm
Last edited by gardenlaw on Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gardenlaw
Site Admin

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: Roast chestnuts

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:08 pm

gardenlaw wrote:Sitting in front of a blazing log fire roasting chestnuts on an old shovel with snow falling outside. Watching "Its a Wonderful Life" on the TV Perfect. Could anything be better for this Christmas week?

Snow, good food and "It's a wonderful life" one of our favourite films. No, nothing could be more perfect. :D Well apart from the fact we are not by an open fire. :lol: Lucky you. :D

The holidays really are here now and it's beautiful! Happy Christmas Gardenlaw and everyone, I hope your holiday time is wonderful. :)

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:52 pm

The fire looks lovely Will, all warm and cosy. A gas fire's not quite the same is it?
A happy Christmas to Gardenlaw and everyone. :)
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:40 pm

appledore wrote:The fire looks lovely Will, all warm and cosy. A gas fire's not quite the same is it?
A happy Christmas to Gardenlaw and everyone. :)

There's definitely nothing like an open fire, I'm not even as keen on those wood burners even though they are better than a gas fire. I would love to chop wood in the morning and make a fire...how romantic! :D

Happy Christmas apples, hope you have a wonderful time. :) If you have any chocolates you don't want you know I'll eat them...just pass them down the wire. :wink:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:23 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:[Happy Christmas apples, hope you have a wonderful time. :) If you have any chocolates you don't want you know I'll eat them...just pass them down the wire. :wink:

Happy Christmas Will. I hope you have a wonderful time too. I'll pass the chocolates I don't want down the wire, then I'll know they've gone to a good home. :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby juno1954 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:02 pm

I once worked in a garden with a large chestnut wood in the back where we would have one big fire in a clearing each year – after a couple of years the surrounding trees were dropping the biggest nuts I've ever seen – there was an open fire in my local at that time and they went down exceedingly well. I would also make Mont Blanc with them... take off the shells and simmer nuts in milk with a little vanilla in it – then peel off the skins and push trough a sieve onto a plate and then gently cover the mound with whipped vanilla flavoured cream and maybe grate a little chocolate on top – very lovely!
juno1954

Postby DELETED » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:32 am

DELETED
DELETED

Postby destiny » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:44 am

Watching movie under the cold wind from winter snow that a great thing to get over during winter.
destiny

Re: Roast chestnuts

Postby gardenlaw » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:18 pm

Chestnut time again! I am going to roast my first of the season tonight.
gardenlaw
Site Admin

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Return to Cookery