Really easy chocolate and lemon pots

Postby gardenlaw » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:17 pm

From the Style Magazine in Sunday Times for 4th April 2010

Little chocolate and lemon pots

150ml full-fat milk

150ml double cream, plus extra to serve

50g sugar

Finely grated zest of 2 lemons

200g dark chocolate broken into small pieces ( I don't like it too dark so used Cadbury's Bournville)

1 medium free range egg

1 tablespoon of lemon juice

Put milk, cream, sugar and lemon zest into a small saucepan. Warm on a gentle heat until it just starts to simmer.

Remove from heat and let stand for a minute or two, then throw in the chocolate. Allow this to melt for about 4 minutes and then beat in the egg and lemon juice. The mixture will look glossy.

Pour into espresso cups or small glasses and leave to set in the fridge for a couple of hours. Top with a thin layer of cream before serving. The lemon really lifts the flavour. Don't do what I did and put it in ramekins 00 they are too big.

Takes as long as it took me to type this recipe with two fingers --- simples!
gardenlaw
Site Admin

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby SYLVA » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:10 pm

And to finish off with a self congratulatory drink, why not follow in the footsteps of 28th March Sunday Times wine suggestions, by treating yourself to a modestly priced Claret, Château Léoville Barton 1998 (£40 a glass) http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_a ... 072780.ece
SYLVA

Return to Cookery