Stuffed Peppers

Advice, questions, support on anything about cooking and eating

Moderator: cupcake

Stuffed Peppers

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:47 pm

Stuffed Peppers

Great as a starter or with a main course.

Ingredients

4 large peppers
1 small onion finely chopped
2 crushed cloves of garlic
Rice
Chopped olives
Chopped mushrooms
Parsley
Olive oil
Butter
Pasta or curry sauce
Mozzarella cheese

Directions

1. Cook the rice and drain, then put the rice in a large bowl.

2. Melt some butter in a large frying pan over a medium heat, first add the onions then the crushed garlic and chopped mushrooms and fry until soft.

3. Add the ingredients to the rice and pour in some pasta or curry sauce, add the olives, some parsley, and mix well.

4. Cut the peppers in half lengthwise and remove the seeds.

5. Brush the outside of the peppers with olive oil and place on a baking tray. Spoon the mixture into the peppers but don’t over fill.

6. Sprinkle part of the mozzarella cheese over the top of the peppers.

7. Bake at 200c for 20 minutes.

8. Ten minutes before taking the peppers out of the oven, sprinkle some more cheese on top.

9. Serve with a sprinkling of parsley on top.

I don’t have exact measurements as I usually make too much filling and just heat the remaining filling and serve on the side or put in the fridge for the next day to use with something else.

This is very tasty and suits vegetarians, if you like meat then you can obviously add meat to the recipe. I have made these with mince meat before with a spicy sauce which was very nice too. :)
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Return to Cookery