Carrot Soup

Advice, questions, support on anything about cooking and eating

Moderator: cupcake

Carrot Soup

Postby DavidM » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:13 pm

Just attempting to make some carrot & corriander soup as I write this now!

Will let you know how I get on + the recipe :0)
[url=http://www.gardenfurnituresets.net/]garden furniture sets[/url]
DavidM

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: Carrot Soup

Postby Conveyancer » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:45 pm

I am one of those people who has an aversion to coriander leaves.
If you have benefited from advice on this site please consider contributing to a cancer charity.
Conveyancer

Postby DavidM » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:04 pm

WOW, cant believe how easy that was, you should give it a bash. If I can then you certainly can!!

Conveyancer, just dont use so much of the corriander or leave it out alltogether, very flexible.
I would try & keep a little in though as thats definatley what gives it its dinstinct flavour.

Recipe:
* Prep: 5 mins | Cook: 15 mins
* Extra time: 5 mins
* Serves: 6

Ingredients
1 tablespoon of olive oil
4 large carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
1/2 large onion, roughly chopped
900ml (1 1/2 pints) vegetable stock
large bunch fresh coriander, roughly chopped

Preparation method
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.

2. Saute the carrots and onion for a few minutes until the onion has softened a little.

3. Pour in the vegetable stock and add the coriander. Bring to the boil, and cook until the carrots are tender, about 10 minutes.

4. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.

5. Puree the soup until smooth, using a hand blender or food processor. Reheat before serving if necessary. Serve with crusty bread.

Now, I shared this with my wife for a large late lunch, I think if you do it for a starter you could easily get away with it for four people if not the 6 suggested.

I also used a red onion as thats all i had! I think a white would be better so will use one next time.

Let me know how you get on with it :0)
carrot-soup.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
[url=http://www.gardenfurnituresets.net/]garden furniture sets[/url]
DavidM

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:29 pm

What's up doc? Coriander! Coriander Who? Coriander ate the carrots, now there's no soup. :oops: :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:38 pm

I don't like coriander either. I'd make carrot and coriander soup without the coriander. :lol:

Will. I like 'let love be your umbrella', but shouldn't it be umbrolly?
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:41 pm

appledore wrote:I don't like coriander either. I'd make carrot and coriander soup without the coriander. :lol:

Will. I like 'let love be your umbrella', but shouldn't it be umbrolly?

I too dislike coriander, I think it tastes like soap. :mrgreen: Perhaps the title for this recipe is misspelled, it should be carrot and coriander soap. :lol: Although carrot soap would turn us orange, I rename it ‘tango soaup’. :oops:

Yes you are quite right apples, it should say umbrolly...I am a wally. :D
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby Conveyancer » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:48 am

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:I too dislike coriander, I think it tastes like soap.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 050AATSnnB

("cilantro" = "coriander leaves")
If you have benefited from advice on this site please consider contributing to a cancer charity.
Conveyancer

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:24 pm

Conveyancer wrote:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:I too dislike coriander, I think it tastes like soap.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 050AATSnnB

("cilantro" = "coriander leaves")

Ahhh I'm not the only who thinks it has a soapy taste. :)
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:50 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:[Ahhh I'm not the only who thinks it has a soapy taste. :)

Ahhh thanks Will. Umbrolly looks better. :lol:

If you washed your face in a bowl of carrot and coriander soaup you'd be clean and have a fake tan too. :)
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:55 pm

appledore wrote: Ahhh thanks Will. Umbrolly looks better. :lol:

:lol: You could change yours to 'keep calm, but carry a 9mm just in case' :lol: Or perhaps not. :oops:

appledore wrote: If you washed your face in a bowl of carrot and coriander soaup you'd be clean and have a fake tan too. :)

Teehee I hate the fake tan look, I prefer the English pasty rose. :lol: I wash my face with choap, it is a mix of chalk and soap, I don't eat it though, like David eats soap. :wink: :wink: :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:00 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:[Teehee I hate the fake tan look, I prefer the English pasty rose. :lol: I wash my face with choap, it is a mix of chalk and soap, I don't eat it though, like David eats soap. :wink: :wink: :lol:

I like the pasty rose look too. I'm also partial to a pastie. I don't like the fake tan look either, especially with the brilliant white teeth. :)
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:10 pm

appledore wrote:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:[Teehee I hate the fake tan look, I prefer the English pasty rose. :lol: I wash my face with choap, it is a mix of chalk and soap, I don't eat it though, like David eats soap. :wink: :wink: :lol:

I like the pasty rose look too. I'm also partial to a pastie. I don't like the fake tan look either, especially with the brilliant white teeth. :)

I too like pasties, can’t pass a pie shop without buying one. If I did, hubby would wrestle me to the floor and chuck me through the door, purse ready with his order. :lol: :lol:

Isn't it strange that people want to look like a burnt carrot and bleach their teeth so white they blind you? Wouldn’t it be easier and cheaper to make an orange peel mask and show a little pith? Image
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:21 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:[Isn't it strange that people want to look like a burnt carrot and bleach their teeth so white they blind you? Wouldn’t it be easier and cheaper to make an orange peel mask and show a little pith? :mrgreen:

I think a lot of people seem to go out of their way to see how daft they can look. Studs sticking out of their tongues, eyebrows etc. Especially the etc. :wink: Women covered with tramp stamps. I think tattoos look horrible. They'll look like creased old comics when they get older. :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:51 am

appledore wrote:I think a lot of people seem to go out of their way to see how daft they can look. Studs sticking out of their tongues, eyebrows etc. Especially the etc. :wink: Women covered with tramp stamps. I think tattoos look horrible. They'll look like creased old comics when they get older. :lol:

Well, each to their own. :lol: When I got my belly button pierced, the guy who did it said a woman came in to have hers done before having a baby, then it stretched in to a giant hole, she then had to join an Aborigine tribe wearing a door knocker...I'm not sure where she put the bell? :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:42 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:[...I'm not sure where she put the bell? :lol:

Next to the letterbox. :lol: :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Next

Return to Cookery