Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Sat May 07, 2011 6:22 pm

Chilli Chocolates

Ingredients

500g dark chocolate

80ml cream

1 teaspoon chilli powder or to taste

40g butter

Preparation method

1. Chop 2/3 of the dark chocolate coarsely.

2. Bring the cream and chilli powder to the boil. Add dark chocolate and melt while stirring to a smooth mixture. Add butter and stir again.

3. Pour the mixture into a buttered rectangular baking dish, and leave to set completely.

4. Remove the set chocolate from the dish and cut out desired shapes.

5. Melt the remaining dark chocolate and leave to cool again. Coat the cut-out chocolates with the melted chocolate and let them set.

I found this recipe online after buying Lindt dark chocolate and chilli. I think the two go very well together, this recipe is simple and delicious. :D
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: Chilli Chocolates

Postby appledore » Sun May 08, 2011 6:48 pm

Hot Chocolate. :lol: I wonder why they call them chillis when they're hot? The chocolates sound lovely, but I get a bit carried away when I start eating chocolate. Likewise biscuits. :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby arborlad » Sun May 08, 2011 7:16 pm

Perhaps you should try chilli flapjacks, just use your favourite flapjack recipe and add some chilli to taste - flakes seem better than powder :D
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Sun May 08, 2011 10:50 pm

appledore wrote:Hot Chocolate. :lol: I wonder why they call them chillis when they're hot? The chocolates sound lovely, but I get a bit carried away when I start eating chocolate. Likewise biscuits. :lol:

Hot Chocolate...why didn't I think of that? :lol:

I too get carried away with chocolates and become a total piggy when I bake biscuits, they never last. :D

Now I will have to bake some hot chocolate biscuits. :mrgreen: I'll let you know if they are good, might even pass a few down the wire. :wink:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Mon May 09, 2011 6:49 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:[Hot Chocolate...why didn't I think of that? :lol:

:

I thought you would have done. You must have been having an off day. :wink: :lol:

No biscuits have come down the wire yet.
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Mon May 09, 2011 7:21 pm

appledore wrote:No biscuits have come down the wire yet.

:lol: http://i887.photobucket.com/albums/ac80 ... onster.png What biscuits? :wink:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Mon May 09, 2011 8:18 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:[ :lol: http://i887.photobucket.com/albums/ac80 ... onster.png What biscuits? :wink:

I meant chocolates. My mind turns to biscuits about this time every night. :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Mon May 09, 2011 9:59 pm

appledore wrote:I meant chocolates. My mind turns to biscuits about this time every night. :lol:

I bought hubby an Easter agg the other day in the Thornton’s sale, he enjoyed a taste of it. :lol: :oops:

I will send you a chocolate down the line, it'll be shaped like a little apple and have a soft centre, you may have to drink it with a straw by the time it gets to you though. :mrgreen:

apples, do you like marzipan? I love almond marzipan and buy a block, cut it into pieces and cover the pieces of marzipan in dark chocolate. Then on top of the choccy bites I crumble Parma Violets and let them set. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM :D
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Tue May 10, 2011 6:28 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:[apples, do you like marzipan? I love almond marzipan and buy a block, cut it into pieces and cover the pieces of marzipan in dark chocolate. Then on top of the choccy bites I crumble Parma Violets and let them set. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM :D

I love marzipan Will. Anything almondy is lovely. Marzipan will be lovely covered in dark chocolate. Some friends gave us a tin of biscuits for Easter, and I've eaten them all myself. :oops: It's a good job I don't put on any weight. The little chocolate shaped like an apple will be lovely when it arrives. :)
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Tue May 10, 2011 8:23 pm

appledore wrote:I love marzipan Will. Anything almondy is lovely. Marzipan will be lovely covered in dark chocolate. Some friends gave us a tin of biscuits for Easter, and I've eaten them all myself. :oops: It's a good job I don't put on any weight. The little chocolate shaped like an apple will be lovely when it arrives. :)

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2663/412 ... 46c28c.jpg Here's a chocolate apple tree cupcake. :D If it gets squashed going down the wire, look out for lots of yummy little leaves and baby apples. :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Wed May 11, 2011 6:42 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:[ Here's a chocolate apple tree cupcake. :D If it gets squashed going down the wire, look out for lots of yummy little leaves and baby apples. :lol:

Aw, isn't that lovely. I think maybe an apple shaped chocolate with a nutty centre would be more appropriate. :)
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby veronicaZora » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:11 am

It's really awful combination you have chosen. I don't like this combination. Instead of chilli if you have tried nut than this recipe will become more delicious!!!
veronicaZora

Postby appledore » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:29 pm

veronicaZora wrote:It's really awful combination you have chosen. I don't like this combination. Instead of chilli if you have tried nut than this recipe will become more delicious!!!

Hi Veronica. Will's not fussed what's with the chocolate as long as there's chocolate. :)
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:46 pm

appledore wrote:
veronicaZora wrote:It's really awful combination you have chosen. I don't like this combination. Instead of chilli if you have tried nut than this recipe will become more delicious!!!

Hi Veronica. Will's not fussed what's with the chocolate as long as there's chocolate. :)

I draw the line at a chocolate covered television, that would be too shocking! :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Return to Cookery