Mince pies made more yummy

Advice, questions, support on anything about cooking and eating

Moderator: cupcake

Re: Mince pies made more yummy

Postby appledore » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:49 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:
appledore wrote:I like mince pies with icing on the top instead of pastry. In fact I just like mince pies.

I made you some mince pies... http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-63z55J_jpKE/T ... PT0027.jpg Oh, you found them. Could have saved us one. :lol:

The mince pies looked lovely Will. I haven't eaten them, they were so light they floated away, and only a few crumbs were left. :)
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:44 pm

appledore wrote:The mince pies looked lovely Will. I haven't eaten them, they were so light they floated away, and only a few crumbs were left. :)

Awww you're too kind, I bet the flying cat ate them...he would given half the chance with flying pastry here! :lol:

Here is some non flying pies. :mrgreen: http://d37xeixy3leayx.cloudfront.net/im ... _1_296.jpg Although I think I'm slowing killing the internets arteries. :oops:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:22 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:
appledore wrote:The mince pies looked lovely Will. I haven't eaten them, they were so light they floated away, and only a few crumbs were left. :)

Here is some non flying pies. :mrgreen: http://d37xeixy3leayx.cloudfront.net/im ... _1_296.jpg Although I think I'm slowing killing the internets arteries. :oops:

They look a bit stodgy, better used as doorstops. :) I've just had an eccles cake. Very yummy. :)
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:14 pm

appledore wrote:They look a bit stodgy, better used as doorstops. :) I've just had an eccles cake. Very yummy. :)

My hubby is making dinner tonight, it will definitely be stodgy! :lol: But yummy also. Bless him, he doesn't often cook, but when I ask "are you making dinner tonight?" He does... he's so sweet. :D

I'll have to spoil him with pudding. :wink:

Are the Christmas goodies going fast then apples? We have loads but some we have to keep for the hols. :)
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:52 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:My hubby is making dinner tonight, it will definitely be stodgy! :lol: But yummy also. Bless him, he doesn't often cook, but when I ask "are you making dinner tonight?" He does... he's so sweet. :D

I'll have to spoil him with pudding. :wink:

Are the Christmas goodies going fast then apples? We have loads but some we have to keep for the hols. :)

Does hubby make a mess of the kitchen and lots of washing up when he cooks? I'm sure he'll enjoy the afters. :wink: :)

It's just the pre Christmas goodies that are going fast Will. If I fancy something I eat it. As they say a bit of what you fancy does you good. :wink:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:01 pm

appledore wrote:Does hubby make a mess of the kitchen and lots of washing up when he cooks? I'm sure he'll enjoy the afters. :wink: :)

It's just the pre Christmas goodies that are going fast Will. If I fancy something I eat it. As they say a bit of what you fancy does you good. :wink:

Hubby does make a mess, he had to have help with dinner last night too. He cried 'panic' when he wanted the sausages to be toad in the hole, but didn't know how to make it. so I kind of made part of the meal...but it is the thought that counts. :lol:

I'm the same with goodies, if I fancy snacks, I have them. I can't stand dieters who always say they are watching their waist lines...I would rather watch telly! :mrgreen:

I'm so excited about Christmas, are you apples? I can't imagine Christmas ever getting boring, you never grow out of the magical feeling I don't think. I feel it coming in October and I get butterflies, it is soooooo good!!!! :D

I hope you and yours have a wonderful Christmas. Happy Christmas from both me and Mr wills. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06-oUtlH ... re=related Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow... :D xx
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:14 pm

So it was Will to the rescue, but I'm pleased you got your toad in the hole. It's ages since I made that, I think I'll make it this week, but I'll have to get some sausages first. :)

I'm looking forward to Christmas, but I don't really want it to snow as we'll be travelling on Christmas day.

I hope you have the best Christmas ever. :) Happy Christmas to you and Mr. Wills from me and Mr. Apples. :D

I enjoyed the pussycat trio. :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:04 pm

appledore wrote:I hope you have the best Christmas ever. :) Happy Christmas to you and Mr. Wills from me and Mr. Apples. :D

Thank you for wishing us the best Christmas ever, we really did have the most wonderful Christmas ever! :D I hope your Christmas was wonderful too. Happy New Year!
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:42 pm

Happy New Year Will. I'm glad you had the most wonderful Christmas ever. Ours wasn't too bad either. :) Lots of toys and dollies, and our little granddaughter's face was a picture. She didn't know what to play with first. I hope you and Mr. Will have the bestest year ever. The daffodils are growing like mad so Spring can't be too far away. :)
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:41 pm

I'm glad to hear you had a good Christmas. I hope you and Mr apples have a fantastic year too. :)

It has been so mild this year so far, I don't know if we will get snow in Jan or Feb, but I'm kind of glad we didn't get snow at Christmas with travelling and all.

Spring could come early this year, well I hope it does because I always look forward to getting back in to the garden after a long winter. I have some decorating indoors to do first, and if that doesn't finish me off, I'll definitely have loads of decorationg to do outside once the weather is warmer.

How are the mince pies going? We bought so many, we are still eating them now. We also have massive amounts of Stollen with marzipan. If you like that, I'll pass you some down the line. :wink:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:42 pm

Hi Will. I'm pleased it didn't snow over Christmas too. We didn't have to travel too far, but it was better without snow.

I'm looking forward to getting into the garden. I'm going to rake up some leaves when the wind drops, and it's a bit warmer.
I don't think the plants and shrubs know which season it is.

We have a lot of decorating to do this year, the actual painting isn't too bad, I just don't like the place in a mess.

We still have some mince pies. I like Stollen, so you can send some down the line if you like. :wink: I made some chocolate buns yesterday so I'll send you a couple, one for you and one for Mr. Wills. :)
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:02 am

I think our garden and plants think it is the windy season, they just know to keep blowing around. I know what you mean though, it is cold one minute, then warm the next. I like having lots of rain, it is one type of weather I never get tired of. Although all the rain dancing is making my feet ache. :oops:

I don't mind painting either, in fact I quite enjoy it. But like you I don't like the mess and I find the preperation bit boring. It is so nice when a room is finished though, I can't wait to finish the last room in our house to be decorated. Although it all comes round again at some point. :lol:

We could have a baking swap shop apples! I'll trade you a very fussy mince pie for a choccy bun. :D

This Christmas hubby wanted the worlds most fussy mince pie, each day his mince pie got fussier, till it was a mess in a bowl...it was funny. :mrgreen: Now I give him a pie and he asks "where is the fuss?" So I squash it on his head..not really, but it would be fun. :wink:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:26 pm

Hi Will. I braved the wind this afternoon to sweep up some leaves, but it was sooooo cold I wasn't out long. I think someone must be doing a wind dance. :) A bamboo in a pot blew over last night, but luckily the pot didn't break. We need some new plants for the patio this year as some are looking a bit jaded. That reminds me a great aunt who used to say 'I feel right jaded, just like a dishcloth'. :lol:

We've started using low odour paint when we decorate. I hate the smell of paint, and it hangs about for ages.

I can just picture Mr. Will with a mincepie on his head. I'll have to bake again tomorrow as someone, mentioning no names, has eaten the last two chocolate buns at teatime. It would be a good idea to have a baking swap shop.
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:11 pm

Well done you for braving the wind, I hid from the wind today, it was quite bad last night and this morning. Luckily leaves seem to blow in to the borders since we had the garage built, before that they used to settle everywhere. :lol:

I bought low odour paint last time I decorated, and the smell is awful at first, but doesn't last. I'm funny in that I like the smell of paint, I like to walk in to a room I decorated weeks ago and still smell that new paint smell. I'll have to buy paint odour spray like the leather spray they use for new cars. :lol: :oops:

I too need to do some baking, just to break the monotony of mince pies and stollen. I'll bake some brandy soaked cherry buns and swap you some choccy buns...if you like cherry buns that is? :)
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:50 pm

We seem to get everyone's leaves in our garden, not that I mind as I like the trees. We're going to plant some more trees in the Spring.

I'll swap some choc buns for some cherry ones. I've made some rock buns today. Maybe we should bake thin things that'll go down the wire like cheese straws, thin sausage rolls and long thin swiss rolls. :)
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

PreviousNext

Return to Cookery