Barbecue in the rain?

Advice, questions, support on anything about cooking and eating

Moderator: cupcake

Barbecue in the rain?

Postby gardenlaw » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:53 am

Has anyone had a barbecue in wellies and with an umbrella recently? Recipes for rainy cold weekends? Will summer arrive next week and save the day?
gardenlaw
Site Admin

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: Barbecue in the rain?

Postby Mattylad » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:57 am

I went to a bbq in the rain last week, had to be gas so it was a forced flame lol.

We ate inside rather than out in the rain.
Mattylad

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:53 am

gardenlaw wrote:Has anyone had a barbecue in wellies and with an umbrella recently? Recipes for rainy cold weekends? Will summer arrive next week and save the day?

We set up for a barbeque the other weekend and had the brolly ready, it worked well, no rain! :lol:

We tried a new burger recipe, very easy, just soaked them in a mix of JD and sticky barbeque sauce...mmmmm :D

I'm going to make some burgers for our next barbeque from scratch, last time I put so many chillies in them, we were breathing fire. :shock:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:42 pm

I think bbqs in the rain are a good idea, the rain might put them out. :lol: I'm not a killjoy (I don't think I am anyway), but I can't stand the smell, and they make my eyes sting. :(
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:45 pm

appledore wrote:I think bbqs in the rain are a good idea, the rain might put them out. :lol: I'm not a killjoy (I don't think I am anyway), but I can't stand the smell, and they make my eyes sting. :(

I'll design a smokeless bbq just for you apples, like the smokeless cigarette. You can sit on our finest value bucket, it is made of copper no less. You can eat as many value sausages as you like and sit under an umbrolly...with dark shades...they are to shield you from those still using the old fashioned way of barbequing...oh and wasps. :mrgreen: :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:28 pm

Hi Will. That's very thoughtful of you and much appreciated. :) Can I have a cushion on the bucket please then I'd enjoy the value sausages even more. The umbrolly could match the cushion then it would be really posh. :)
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:08 pm

appledore wrote:Hi Will. That's very thoughtful of you and much appreciated. :) Can I have a cushion on the bucket please then I'd enjoy the value sausages even more. The umbrolly could match the cushion then it would be really posh. :)

I'll definitely give you a posh matching cusion for your umbrolly, I'll even throw in sausage rolls and mini squasages on sticks, it'll be posher than posh could be! :mrgreen:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Return to Cookery