Our food -- worse than horsemeat scandal?

Advice, questions, support on anything about cooking and eating

Moderator: cupcake

Our food -- worse than horsemeat scandal?

Postby gardenlaw » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:59 am

Do we eat what we deserve? Like subprime mortgages when we nolonger care about our food source do we deserve subprime food?

Even "healthy" options like tomatoes are so lacking in vitamins, nutrients etc that you apparently have to eat 10 of the ones grown today to get the same food value as one grown in the 1950's.
Add your own thoughts and experiences.
gardenlaw
Site Admin

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: Our food -- worse than horsemeat scandal?

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:39 pm

It is awful to think our food lacks the vitamins it once did, kind of defeats the object of eating good food. I much prefer a cup cake to a piece of fruit. So eat 5 portions of cake a day instead. :mrgreen:

What was an even worse scandal was Ikea putting poopy in their cup cakes...thank goodness I have better taste in furniture! :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:20 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:. So eat 5 portions of cake a day instead. :mrgreen:

What was an even worse scandal was Ikea putting poopy in their cup cakes...thank goodness I have better taste in furniture! :lol:

Only 5 portions of cake a day Will. Are you sure? :lol:

I used to eat lots of fruit, but it doesn't seem to have much taste these days. I throw more apples out for the birds than I actually eat.

I shouldn't really comment on Ikea meatballs as I haven't eaten any, but lust looking at the picture of them in the restaurant is enough to turn my stomach.
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:44 am

appledore wrote: Only 5 portions of cake a day Will. Are you sure? :lol:

No, because yesterday I made some cupcakes and most went...I'm not sure who is to blame! :lol:

appledore wrote:I used to eat lots of fruit, but it doesn't seem to have much taste these days. I throw more apples out for the birds than I actually eat.

Me too, I used to love golden delicious but they don't taste the same now. :(

appledore wrote:I shouldn't really comment on Ikea meatballs as I haven't eaten any, but lust looking at the picture of them in the restaurant is enough to turn my stomach.

I can't comment on the taste except to say they look like much of Ikea's furniture... :lol:

http://www.manolith.com/files/2013/03/poop-cake.jpg Their cakes don't look very nice either. :mrgreen:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:32 pm

It looks like fox p** cake. :shock: I put the last of the fat balls out for the birds on Saturday, and they've all gone. That's it until next winter. It's been a lovely sunny day today, but still cold.

I haven't made any cup cakes for ages, I'm getting lazy. :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:11 pm

I make a lot of cupcakes, it is because you don’t have to always cut pieces from a whole cake then.

I also like that you can decorate each one differently. I put really thick chocolate on top of the ones I made this weekend, then I put various sprinkles and glitter dust, they look and taste great! Hubby calls them crash helmet cakes… :mrgreen: He goes “VRRROOOOM” “VROOOM” So I know he wants one. :roll: :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:30 pm

You're making me feel even more hungry than usual Will. I usually put chocolate icing on chocolate cupcakes, and choc sprinkles on some and choc flake on others. When I make plain cupcakes I decorate them with icing and a cherry, and coloured sprinkles on others. There's so many things you can do. :)
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:28 pm

I'm going to get those silver balls for the next batch http://www.partyonup.net/ekmps/shops/po ... 3209-p.jpg , then they will look like studs on the helmets. :mrgreen: I put white and pink mini marsh mallows on some cakes, but they just looked like Barbie helmets. :lol:

It is fun decorating cakes, especially cupcakes. :D MMMMMMMMMMMM Eating a choc topped one now, with choc coated biscuit bits...I'll pass one down the line for you. :)

Got to go, Eastenders on.
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Wed May 01, 2013 6:17 pm

Thanks for the cup cake Will!! Deeeeelicious. :lol: I tried those mini marshmallows, but they didn't have much taste.
I have a craving for 99 cornets at the moment. :)
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Thu May 02, 2013 7:55 pm

appledore wrote:Thanks for the cup cake Will!! Deeeeelicious. :lol: I tried those mini marshmallows, but they didn't have much taste.
I have a craving for 99 cornets at the moment. :)

Your very welcome apples, I'll bake more and pass them down the line to you. :)

http://cdn-24.create.net/siteimages/24/ ... 870935.jpg Here's something to be eating whilst the buns are in the oven...they are fussy 99's :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Fri May 03, 2013 6:27 pm

Thanks for the icecreams Will. They look very olde worlde. Here's one for you. :D
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Wed May 08, 2013 12:20 pm

Oh I lurve that ice cream...I name it pussy glory :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Return to Cookery