Yummy Recipe for Christmas

Advice, questions, support on anything about cooking and eating

Moderator: cupcake

Yummy Recipe for Christmas

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:13 pm

Will’s Boozy Creamy Chocolate Truffles

Ingredients

Chocolate for melting. White, milk or dark. Whatever your preference.

Amaretto, Cointreau and brandy creams

Digestive biscuits

Chopped nuts

Orange peel

Marzipan

Chopped glazed cherries

Cake cases

Method

Melt the chocolate in a bowl; it is nice to mix milk and white for a marbled effect.

In another bowl crumble the biscuits, two at a time is best.

You can make the truffles as big or small as you like, I tend to make them about 1” in diameter.

For the Cointreau cream truffles, mix a large spoon of the cream with the crumbled biscuits and roll into small balls with your hands, then dip into chosen melted chocolate and cover fully and put into cake cases. Grate a little orange peel over the top of each truffle to add to the orange flavour of the liquor, you can also mix the peel into the melted chocolate before hand and include chopped nuts.

For the Brandy cream truffles, repeat the process as above but miss out the orange peel and add chopped cherries to mixture.

For the Amaretto cream truffles repeat the process and add tiny rolled balls of marzipan to the mixture.

The chopped nuts give the Ferrero Rocher effect.

These need to be kept in the fridge. Once made transfer to fridge to allow chocolate to set fast...the faster the better then you can eat them. :D

These are absolutely divine and can be made any time of year by making your own boozy creams or just with extra think cream if making for children. Please try them and let me know what you think, they are easy and fun to make and good for your waist line…well that might be a pork pie. :wink:
Last edited by WILL*REMAIN*STRONG on Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby Rowan » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:15 pm

Will - pleaseeeee....................

I'm still trying to get rid of the 'extra' from the Christmas treats :lol:
Rowan

*Bumped for Christmas*

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:09 pm

I am bumping this recipe up for Christmas and have modified it slightly from having made them again last night. :D

These are so yummy and much better than shop bought chocolates. Only trouble is you can't stop eating them and have to make more. :wink:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Re: *Bumped for Christmas*

Postby appledore » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:09 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:I
These are so yummy and much better than shop bought chocolates. Only trouble is you can't stop eating them and have to make more. :wink:

I never buy sweets or chocolates (except as gifts). If someone buys me a box of chocs I daren't open it as I can't just eat a few chocolates, I have to eat the lot. :oops:

I think the truffles would be better about 1ft diameter. :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:20 pm

appledore wrote:I never buy sweets or chocolates (except as gifts). If someone buys me a box of chocs I daren't open it as I can't just eat a few chocolates, I have to eat the lot. :oops:

I think the truffles would be better about 1ft diameter. :lol:

:lol: Brick sized truffles...just imagine how that would spoil the appetite before dinner. :wink:

Go on apples eat the whole box, what is the worst that could happen? :)
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:55 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote: :Go on apples eat the whole box, what is the worst that could happen? :)

I'd be sick. Pass the bucket :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:45 am

appledore wrote:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote: :Go on apples eat the whole box, what is the worst that could happen? :)

I'd be sick. Pass the bucket :lol:

Would you like a value bucket? :lol:

Don't be sick apples, it is a terrible waste of chocolate. :)

Eat one chocolate every hour and you won't even notice the box going down. :wink:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:23 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:Would you like a value bucket? :lol:

:

That would be fine as long as it's the right way up. :oops: :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:51 am

appledore wrote:That would be fine as long as it's the right way up. :oops: :lol:

The wrong way would be a very nasty chocolate fountain. :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:07 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:The wrong way would be a very nasty chocolate fountain. :lol:

I knew you'd say that. :lol: :lol:

I deserve a chocolate or six. I've just wrapped all the Christmas presents, and I'm going to tackle the cards after tea. I'm a busy bee. :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:58 pm

appledore wrote: I knew you'd say that. :lol: :lol:

Image I bet you didn't think I would bake you a cake with you on top though! 8) Well I didn't bake it but I did find the picture, just imagine chocolate cake inside. :)

appledore wrote: I deserve a chocolate or six. I've just wrapped all the Christmas presents, and I'm going to tackle the cards after tea. I'm a busy bee. :lol:

Well done on finishing all your prezzies. But when you tackled these cards did you rugby tackle or wrestle them? :lol: :oops:

Image Or did you sting hubby at poker? :lol: :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:29 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:

Image Or did you sting hubby at poker? :lol: :lol:

Strip poker actually. :oops: :oops: Bit chilly though. I had goose bumps on my goose bumps. :lol:

I like the cake.
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:08 pm

appledore wrote:Strip poker actually. :oops: :oops: Bit chilly though. I had goose bumps on my goose bumps. :lol:

Must have been good fun if you both had goose bumps on your goose bumps, you would fit together like stickle bricks. :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby leeza09 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:40 am

hey WILL very good recipe my mouth started watering by just reading the recipe. going to try it for sure... anything with chocolates i just love it...
leeza09

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:10 pm

leeza09 wrote:hey WILL very good recipe my mouth started watering by just reading the recipe. going to try it for sure... anything with chocolates i just love it...

I hope you tried the recipe Leeza and enjoyed them, we are eating these right now, I made loads and then made more. :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Next

Return to Cookery