Yummy Recipe for Christmas

Advice, questions, support on anything about cooking and eating

Moderator: cupcake

Postby leeza09 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:32 am

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:
I hope you tried the recipe Leeza and enjoyed them, we are eating these right now, I made loads and then made more. :lol:

wow .... i did not try it yet will planning to do it on new year... so say you had nice time eating it...:(:(... lol...... had nice fun on Christmas? how about apple you too had nice time?
leeza09

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby appledore » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:38 pm

leeza09 wrote:wow .... i did not try it yet will planning to do it on new year... so say you had nice time eating it...:(:(... lol...... had nice fun on Christmas? how about apple you too had nice time?

I'm pleased you had fun at Christmas Leeza, we had a lovely time too. :D
I sent our chocolates down the wire to Will. She was very kind and offered to eat the ones we didn't want. :wink: :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:15 pm

appledore wrote:I sent our chocolates down the wire to Will. She was very kind and offered to eat the ones we didn't want. :wink: :lol:

Image Look at my computer now! The wires are like blocked arteries!!! :lol: :wink:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Re: Yummy Recipe for Christmas

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:55 pm

BUMP!

Will’s Boozy Creamy Chocolate Truffles

Ingredients

Chocolate for melting. White, milk or dark. Whatever your preference.

Amaretto, Cointreau and brandy creams

Digestive biscuits

Chopped nuts

Orange peel

Marzipan

Chopped glazed cherries

Cake cases

Method

Melt the chocolate in a bowl; it is nice to mix milk and white for a marbled effect.

In another bowl crumble the biscuits, two at a time is best.

You can make the truffles as big or small as you like, I tend to make them about 1” in diameter.

For the Cointreau cream truffles, mix a large spoon of the cream with the crumbled biscuits and roll into small balls with your hands, then dip into chosen melted chocolate and cover fully and put into cake cases. Grate a little orange peel over the top of each truffle to add to the orange flavour of the liquor, you can also mix the peel into the melted chocolate before hand and include chopped nuts.

For the Brandy cream truffles, repeat the process as above but miss out the orange peel and add chopped cherries to mixture.

For the Amaretto cream truffles repeat the process and add tiny rolled balls of marzipan to the mixture.

The chopped nuts give the Ferrero Rocher effect.

These need to be kept in the fridge. Once made transfer to fridge to allow chocolate to set fast...the faster the better then you can eat them.

I am bumping this recipe as it it soooo good, they must be tried! :lol:
I did the brandy cream truffles today, oh my goodness, they are yummy. :D
If you want something really yummy, better than shop bought chocs, try these. :mrgreen:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:47 pm

They sound yummy Will. You're more adventurous than me with your cooking. I've made some chocolate buns this afternoon.
I'll send you one down the wire. :)
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:07 pm

appledore wrote:They sound yummy Will. You're more adventurous than me with your cooking. I've made some chocolate buns this afternoon.
I'll send you one down the wire. :)

Mmmmm yum yum choccy bun. :) I'll send you some truffles down the line.

I mentioned choccy buns to hubby and he chased me round with a tub of Nutella and a butter knife for an hour. :lol: If it had been a sharp knife, I'd look like this now :arrow: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_zqFoq3qej2c/S ... -woman.jpg :oops: :mrgreen:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Previous

Return to Cookery